Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 21st 2013 new

I think one important thing that needs being stated is kindness is a very important aspect in this scene. Without kindness and patience you might just throw it all up in the air and give it up. My husband always made me feel cherished and that is an element I definately need and plan to share. I miss him terribly but God called him home and he was ready to go. You have to feel cherished or it just will not work.

Feb 23rd 2013 new
Bravo Carmen!! I'm in the same boat as you. I'm divorced with children and I would like to find someone who is more interested in getting to know me and what I'm about than about that.
Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: As for "born again virgins", I think that's a complete cop out and it offense teh sacrific...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: As for "born again virgins", I think that's a complete cop out and it offense teh sacrifices and discipline of people who have maintained their self control. Sure, God can forgive any sin, no matter how egregious, but people need to be honest with themselves and others. There's no such thing as a "born again virgin", there are just people who made a mistake and are now living a life free of that sin.

--hide--

A reasonable person who is a "born again virgin" or has claimed a secondary virginity will not go around claiming they are a virgin and that's it, lest they be lying; they will most likely explain the truth, if they are serious in what secondary virginity means. Secondary virginity shows a triumph over sin. Yes, of course it's better to not sin, as always, but there is something to appreciate about someone who was strong enough to turn away from a sin they once indulged in. The last thing secondary virginity is is a cop out. It shows strength, especially in the world of today that forces sexuality upon the majority of the population. Claiming secondary virginity is being honest with yourself. It's "secondary"--or "born again" or "reclaimed"--for a reason.

It's not easy to realize what you're doing is wrong and then make an effort to change it. Hopefully people that are claiming secondary virginity, in its true sense, are being honest with their past. But the goal is also to move forward with their future.

Feb 23rd 2013 new
I have thought of sex in terms of pooping. laughing
Feb 23rd 2013 new
Opps, I mean I have never thought of sex in terms of pooping. Writing on a tablet creates grammatical errors. Annoying ...
Feb 23rd 2013 new
laughing
Feb 23rd 2013 new

If I remain celibate for the rest of my life that's okay. I used to be concerned and worry about it when I was younger. Now, for me personally, there are other things for me to be concerned about. Our dignity and worth as human beings are not lost being a virgin for the rest of our lives.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Renai-414828 said: do you fear never having sex again?..and for all who fit into the category above, how has this negativel...
(Quote) Renai-414828 said: do you fear never having sex again?..and for all who fit into the category above, how has this negatively affected your relationships in the past.
--hide--

Great question Renai,

From an previously married perspective it's not a concern over whether or not I'll have sex again as much as it is wondering whether nor not I'll experience again the tangible expression of His Love for me in the arms of my husband. There are days when I just need a hug or a snuggle; someone to hold my hand, literally and figuratively. The vast majority of my single life are filled to overflowing but, in the vulnerability of my "human-ness," I do miss having a special someone to accompany me on my earthly journey.

Not too many of the men I've met (truthfully, none of the men I've met!) can wrap their heads around my decision to live for Him first. I chaulk it up to them not being the right person for me. That can be tough when you really like someone but God's Will is Perfect and one day my Prince will come and all the waiting will have been so worth it!!

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Carmen-910629 said: Hi Renai, I've had other divorced guys just want a relationship based on sex...
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said:

Hi Renai,

I've had other divorced guys just want a relationship based on sex alone and I've turned them down. It gets me very frustrated because they feel that since I'm divorced and have kids I should expect less than I did when I was single and childless. My answer is always "no". Contrary to their opinion, I am worth more NOW than I was before the divorce. he believes I am capable of leading this motley crew and I won't let Him down.

I have everything I need. Unconditional love, fantastic children, and a God who has allowed me to survive divorce. A man at this point is an extra. Sure I would love to have companionship, but only if it is right for all of us. I would easily make the sacrifice of being alone for my children if it is God's will. He will give me the strength for whatever lies ahead.

--hide--
I love this post Carmen and I see 14 other people do too!

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Noemi-900477 said: A reasonable person who is a "born again virgin" or has claimed a secondary...
(Quote) Noemi-900477 said:

A reasonable person who is a "born again virgin" or has claimed a secondary virginity will not go around claiming they are a virgin and that's it, lest they be lying; they will most likely explain the truth, if they are serious in what secondary virginity means. Secondary virginity shows a triumph over sin. Yes, of course it's better to not sin, as always, but there is something to appreciate about someone who was strong enough to turn away from a sin they once indulged in. The last thing secondary virginity is is a cop out. It shows strength, especially in the world of today that forces sexuality upon the majority of the population. Claiming secondary virginity is being honest with yourself. It's "secondary"--or "born again" or "reclaimed"--for a reason.

It's not easy to realize what you're doing is wrong and then make an effort to change it. Hopefully people that are claiming secondary virginity, in its true sense, are being honest with their past. But the goal is also to move forward with their future.

--hide--

Beautifully put Noemi... clap clap clap

Thank you so much for your post... rose

Posts 131 - 140 of 157