Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: The problem is what is meant by "linked." Depending on how you define your term...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

The problem is what is meant by "linked." Depending on how you define your terms, you can "link" anybody to anything. The whole "Keven Bacon" game and all that.

There is no question that there are militant jihadists taking part in these conflicts. There is no question that there are also plenty of far more reasonable folks who are also taking part.

In the Cold War, the U.S. made the mistake of supporting ANYBODY, no matter how vile, who said they were anti-communist. Sometimes we kept the commies out, sometimes we failed. But we always created a lot of hatred and bitterness in the local populations by supporting their oppressors (in places where there were oppressive regimes). We need to avoid repeating that.

--hide--

We definitely need to avoid repeating that. Personally, I don't think the US has any idea what is going on in
the mideast with all the uprisings. It is going to be interesting, when all the dust settles, in the next couple of
years.

Dec 10th 2012 new

The communist commmunity organizer is going to get away with killing more of our men.

Saw at church that a young man was going into the marines, and it made me litterally sick that he would do that under this guy who has no business being commander in chief since he has never served and wouldn't even flinch at letting him, or any other one of our guys, die.

I'm so sick that the media just ignores this in their love affair with the abortionist community organizer....I have heard of nothing since the elections. He used executive orders to get away with fast and furious and now he is going to get away with this too thanks to the news not doing their job...actually you could say we now have a govt. run news media too.

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: The problem is what is meant by "linked." Depending on how you define your term...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

The problem is what is meant by "linked." Depending on how you define your terms, you can "link" anybody to anything. The whole "Keven Bacon" game and all that.

There is no question that there are militant jihadists taking part in these conflicts. There is no question that there are also plenty of far more reasonable folks who are also taking part.

In the Cold War, the U.S. made the mistake of supporting ANYBODY, no matter how vile, who said they were anti-communist. Sometimes we kept the commies out, sometimes we failed. But we always created a lot of hatred and bitterness in the local populations by supporting their oppressors (in places where there were oppressive regimes). We need to avoid repeating that.

--hide--
Yea, look at this "commander in chief"'s support of the moslem brotherhood in Lybia and Egypt...though I am sure he had other motives for that. At any rate, what does this have to do with the fact that the communist community organizer that some people made our president is now getting away with Benghazi???? I have heard nothing about it. It is just like fast and furious when he used executive orders to keep us from finding out the truth....well, plus the news...he uses them like puppets.

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Yea, look at this "commander in chief"'s support of the moslem brotherhood in Lybi...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Yea, look at this "commander in chief"'s support of the moslem brotherhood in Lybia and Egypt...though I am sure he had other motives for that. At any rate, what does this have to do with the fact that the communist community organizer that some people made our president is now getting away with Benghazi???? I have heard nothing about it. It is just like fast and furious when he used executive orders to keep us from finding out the truth....well, plus the news...he uses them like puppets.

--hide--

I think America has a real problem with the media, including all types of TV and radio and newspaper and now internet.
I remember there was a time when a Federal law was involved that a person who owned a radio station could not own a newspaper.
That was probably meant to have fair and unbiased reporting.

I am not sure if that is still true, but even if they are all owned by different entities, they still report biased
news in unison. They put their own untrue spin on everything.

That is what "Freedom of the Press" is. But that is not what Journalism is all about. It should be about
getting the story, first, fast and right.

Dec 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I think America has a real problem with the media, including all types of TV and radio and newspaper...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I think America has a real problem with the media, including all types of TV and radio and newspaper and now internet.
I remember there was a time when a Federal law was involved that a person who owned a radio station could not own a newspaper.
That was probably meant to have fair and unbiased reporting.

I am not sure if that is still true, but even if they are all owned by different entities, they still report biased
news in unison. They put their own untrue spin on everything.

That is what "Freedom of the Press" is. But that is not what Journalism is all about. It should be about
getting the story, first, fast and right.

--hide--
Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read theeconomiccollapseblog.com
Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read theeconomiccollapseblog.com
--hide--

Well, that is interesting. Six coops own it all. For instance, I didn't know NBC owned Telemundo. That is eye opening especially since NBC is completely boot licking liberal, and you can't get any real news from them. You can get twisted news to reflect posititively on liberals or no news....they won't report anything negative.

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read theeconomiccollapseblog.com

Well, that is interesting. Six coops own it all. For instance, I didn't know NBC owned Telemundo. That is eye opening especially since NBC is completely boot licking liberal, and you can't get any real news from them. You can get twisted news to reflect posititively on liberals or no news....they won't report anything negative.

--hide--

...and by "coops", I mean corporations.

Dec 13th 2012 new

Also, whatever happened to the guy Obama tried to pin the uprising on and even had arrested?

Dec 13th 2012 new
CHAFFETZ: STATE DEPT HIDING BENGHAZI SURVIVORS

Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R- UT) told Breitbart News on Wednesday that he has been thwarted by the State Department from seeing any Americans who survived the deadly attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi. Many people forget that there were Americans who survived the Benghazi attack, some of whom were badly injured and are still recovering.

www.breitbart.com
Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: CHAFFETZ: STATE DEPT HIDING BENGHAZI SURVIVORS Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R- UT) told Breitbart ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: CHAFFETZ: STATE DEPT HIDING BENGHAZI SURVIVORS

Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R- UT) told Breitbart News on Wednesday that he has been thwarted by the State Department from seeing any Americans who survived the deadly attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi. Many people forget that there were Americans who survived the Benghazi attack, some of whom were badly injured and are still recovering.

www.breitbart.com
--hide--

I feel like I'm living in a communist country under this admin...not that the press is even trying. Seems Breibart is the only one. Anyway, it further says this:

“This is so patently different than any other experience I’ve had. Unfortunately, people have been killed and maimed and in harm’s way in Afghanistan and Iraq and in points beyond. It’s typically been the case that they would release those names but in this case, they won’t. My challenge is to the media. You try and figure it out. They won’t let Congress know. They won’t seem to let the media know either.”

Breitbart News sent an inquiry to the State Department regarding those who survived the attack in Benghazi and is awaiting a response.

Posts 31 - 40 of 55