Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 28th 2012 new

There was a "blind date" I was set to meet....a little over a year ago. When I called her...I said...."Why dont we meet at such and such place?" She said, "Oh yeah....okay...cool" (this was a few days before...plus she KNEW I would be calling) so I indicated I would call her again...on the Saturday (of) to meet there. When I did....she was in a totally different mood! She said, "Wait....where is that place?" I said, well it's closer to me...than it is to you...but the hwy is a straight shot" She said, "Oooh no....that's too far...let's pick something around the corner from my house."

I said, "Okay" When I met her she was full of questions....which of itself was not bad..but one finally got me! (and this is very early in our conversation) She said, "Has anyone ever said anything about your living with your roomate? I mean..two guys late 50's early 60's living together?" I said, "You mean the same guy I share a two-story home with... who's girlfriend set you up with me? The one who I went to high school with...played football with...lifted weights with.....played tennis/golf with?" "And most of all....my best friend?" She nodded! I said, "No no one has ever said anything about Jim and I. And frankly I wouldn't care if they did." She then said well....it does look a little weird." So the whole thing kind of went south from there! lol! And my above words were not as harsh as they sounded....I WAS polite. In fact, I politely paid the bill....and when asked if we would meet again...I politely said, "I don't think so" (later when I told Jim later he was dying laughing...because he knew full well "J" his girlfriend had set us up) I later teased "J" sarcastically for being so kind in "screening potential dates" for me!! laughing

Nov 28th 2012 new
I was on Match.com for a short time earlier this year & met someone. We seemed to have a lot in common, so we exchanged numbers and planned a date for a few days later. He sent me over 300 text messages in 3 days. I would barely have responded to one message & I would get 3 more. I should have called it off at that point, but against my better judgement I went on the date. We went out to dinner & while we were talking face to face, he was on his phone sending me text messages too! Then he proceeded to tell our waiter & 2 other servers that we met online & this was our first date. And he told me that he was sure we could be one the next Match.com commercial. I let him drive, which ended up being a huge mistake, because he tried holding my hand all the way home & when he finally dropped me off he wouldn't leave & practically mauled me. He sent pictures of me to his friends & invited me to be his guest at a wedding the following weekend & was calling me his girlfriend & wanted me to meet his friends the next day. Seriously freaked me out. I closed my Match.com account the following morning, called him & said I wasn't interested. He continued sending text messages for a while, but eventually stopped. Scary!!!
Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Valerie-880801 said: I was on Match.com for a short time earlier this year & met someone. We seemed to have a lot in co...
(Quote) Valerie-880801 said: I was on Match.com for a short time earlier this year & met someone. We seemed to have a lot in common, so we exchanged numbers and planned a date for a few days later. He sent me over 300 text messages in 3 days. I would barely have responded to one message & I would get 3 more. I should have called it off at that point, but against my better judgement I went on the date. We went out to dinner & while we were talking face to face, he was on his phone sending me text messages too! Then he proceeded to tell our waiter & 2 other servers that we met online & this was our first date. And he told me that he was sure we could be one the next Match.com commercial. I let him drive, which ended up being a huge mistake, because he tried holding my hand all the way home & when he finally dropped me off he wouldn't leave & practically mauled me. He sent pictures of me to his friends & invited me to be his guest at a wedding the following weekend & was calling me his girlfriend & wanted me to meet his friends the next day. Seriously freaked me out. I closed my Match.com account the following morning, called him & said I wasn't interested. He continued sending text messages for a while, but eventually stopped. Scary!!!
--hide--

Makes me glad I stayed away from those sites! faint

theheart

Nov 28th 2012 new
We were introduced by a mutual friend and after several phone conversations agreed to meet each other. It was decided we'd meet at a Trappist monastery near here. First she and I went to the Chapel to pray a Rosary together. Afterwards we took a long walk and spent hours enjoying each other's company. It was the most beautiful first date I'd ever been on. While seated on a bench, cuddled up looking into each others eyes, a bird pooped on my shoulder. Not just a little spec... I mean it was like the dang thing dropped a bomb on me. It was in my hair, down my arm, across my back. She couldn't stop laughing and of course I was embarassed as all heck. We never went out again. I thought it was a bad sign. Years later someone told me that it actually means good luck. Doh!
Nov 28th 2012 new

tongue No kidding. There is no way I would go visit a guy first. And, I make no apologies and do not feel that that is in any way something to apologize for. I had to learn the hard way, as well, that if Mr. Twister doesn't want to put some effort into things, well, he may not be all that into me.

That's totally fine - I would hold nothing against him, but I would recognize it for what it is and devote my energies and attention elsewhere. fluffy

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Valerie-880801 said: I was on Match.com for a short time earlier this year & met someone. We seemed to have a lot in co...
(Quote) Valerie-880801 said: I was on Match.com for a short time earlier this year & met someone. We seemed to have a lot in common, so we exchanged numbers and planned a date for a few days later. He sent me over 300 text messages in 3 days. I would barely have responded to one message & I would get 3 more. I should have called it off at that point, but against my better judgement I went on the date. We went out to dinner & while we were talking face to face, he was on his phone sending me text messages too! Then he proceeded to tell our waiter & 2 other servers that we met online & this was our first date. And he told me that he was sure we could be one the next Match.com commercial. I let him drive, which ended up being a huge mistake, because he tried holding my hand all the way home & when he finally dropped me off he wouldn't leave & practically mauled me. He sent pictures of me to his friends & invited me to be his guest at a wedding the following weekend & was calling me his girlfriend & wanted me to meet his friends the next day. Seriously freaked me out. I closed my Match.com account the following morning, called him & said I wasn't interested. He continued sending text messages for a while, but eventually stopped. Scary!!!
--hide--
OMG...Valerie! My story pales in comparison! (sorry you had to go through that)

Nov 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: There was a "blind date" I was set to meet....a little over a year ago. When I called her...I said......
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

There was a "blind date" I was set to meet....a little over a year ago. When I called her...I said...."Why dont we meet at such and such place?" She said, "Oh yeah....okay...cool" (this was a few days before...plus she KNEW I would be calling) so I indicated I would call her again...on the Saturday (of) to meet there. When I did....she was in a totally different mood! She said, "Wait....where is that place?" I said, well it's closer to me...than it is to you...but the hwy is a straight shot" She said, "Oooh no....that's too far...let's pick something around the corner from my house."

I said, "Okay" When I met her she was full of questions....which of itself was not bad..but one finally got me! (and this is very early in our conversation) She said, "Has anyone ever said anything about your living with your roomate? I mean..two guys late 50's early 60's living together?" I said, "You mean the same guy I share a two-story home with... who's girlfriend set you up with me? The one who I went to high school with...played football with...lifted weights with.....played tennis/golf with?" "And most of all....my best friend?" She nodded! I said, "No no one has ever said anything about Jim and I. And frankly I wouldn't care if they did." She then said well....it does look a little weird." So the whole thing kind of went south from there! lol! And my above words were not as harsh as they sounded....I WAS polite. In fact, I politely paid the bill....and when asked if we would meet again...I politely said, "I don't think so" (later when I told Jim later he was dying laughing...because he knew full well "J" his girlfriend had set us up) I later teased "J" sarcastically for being so kind in "screening potential dates" for me!!

--hide--

wow how rude!!!!
Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: wow how rude!!!!
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

wow how rude!!!!
--hide--
Well.............it was! But we had (Jim and I) a good laugh about it later. At the time though....I thought....man doesn't she realize we're best friends? (45 years now)

Nov 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Well.............it was! But we had (Jim and I) a good laugh about it later. At the time though....I thought......
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Well.............it was! But we had (Jim and I) a good laugh about it later. At the time though....I thought....man doesn't she realize we're best friends? (45 years now)

--hide--

I have a feeling she should have said something before agreeing to meet in person.... scratchchin
Nov 28th 2012 new
On my third date with my now ex-husband we went to a movie, I suppose in a bad part of town...when we got back to his truck, he opened the door, I got in, he hit the side of his truck with his fist leaving a dent. eyepopping (Can you say rose colored glasses?) His radio had been stolen while we were inside the theater and that was my first clue of the extent of his temper. I married this man six months after meeting him, and he actually got baptized the week before our wedding. He had never been inside of a church before I met him....hindsight is 20/20. I have found peace with my past & my advice to others is if you have not found peace with past regrets, pray a novena for God's grace & guidance..... scratchchin
Posts 11 - 20 of 69