Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 28th 2012 new

I was using another dating site a while back and met an interesting fella. We chatted quite a bit online to the point I felt I was comfortable and was ready to meet. We set up a coffee date. (For some reason, I chose not to give him my number. We just set the time and place. I think my guardian angel works overtime!)

We had a wonderful meeting and really seemed to click... for the first half hour... and then....

Long story short... He ended up telling me that he recently got out of prison for a gang related crime. He just celebrated 2 years clean. Prior to prison, he was in and out of jail for domestic violence- with two ex-wives! eyepopping

As soon as I could, I politely made my exit and canceled my account on the "other" dating site! eyepopping

WOW! I took month or two off from dating after that one! laughing I TOTALLY didn't read any of that sort of stuff coming based on our previous chats!

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: I was using another dating site a while back and met an interesting fella. We chatted quite a bit...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

I was using another dating site a while back and met an interesting fella. We chatted quite a bit online to the point I felt I was comfortable and was ready to meet.

As soon as I could, I politely made my exit and canceled my account on the "other" dating site!

--hide--

I'm very new to the online dating thing, just subscribed to CM a few days ago. Are you saying I should worry?

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Rose-921185 said: I'm very new to the online dating thing, just subscribed to CM a few days ag...
(Quote) Rose-921185 said:

I'm very new to the online dating thing, just subscribed to CM a few days ago. Are you saying I should worry?

--hide--

Be careful? Yes! Worry? No!

How many friends and relatives do I know who have dated odd, faithless, or just plain crazy men and women they meet in real life without use of an online community? I can't even begin to count! I was using a free dating site at the time... not recommended! laughing

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Be careful? Yes! Worry? No! How many friends and relatives do I ...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Be careful? Yes! Worry? No!

How many friends and relatives do I know who have dated odd, faithless, or just plain crazy men and women they meet in real life without use of an online community? I can't even begin to count! I was using a free dating site at the time... not recommended!

--hide--

Thank you for that. Always careful...

Nov 29th 2012 new

It was a double date with my cousin, it was his girlfriend and her friend. We went to the Mall of America for a movie and let the ladies pick the movie and they chose, "The Crying Game". The movie isn't the regret and me and my cousin still laugh about it to this day. Although in the ladies defense, they had no idea what the movie was about and were just as surprised as myself and my cousin. Everyone had a good time on the date and I really enjoyed the company of my date. She had a good sense of humor, intelligent, kind, polite and cute to top it all off. My regret is that I didn't ask her on a second date. I didn't because I think in the end I was afraid of rejection. I got the impression that she was more interested in being friends, but I could have been reading her wrong. Us guys do have that tendency. *l* Anyway, I wished I would have asked her on a second date and found out whether she really did just see me as a friend or not. The wisdom to be gained from this is, when in doubt ask her/him out. *l* Yes, it rhymes, but the advice is serious. smile

Nov 29th 2012 new

[quote]Celia-821539 said:

No kidding. There is no way I would go visit a guy first.

Sadly many women do not know this dating rule. Hopefully forums such as these would be able to spread the message. theheart

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Billy-921760 said: While seated on a bench, cuddled up looking into each others eyes, a bird pooped on my shoulder. Not jus...
(Quote) Billy-921760 said: While seated on a bench, cuddled up looking into each others eyes, a bird pooped on my shoulder. Not just a little spec... I mean it was like the dang thing dropped a bomb on me. It was in my hair, down my arm, across my back. She couldn't stop laughing and of course I was embarassed as all heck. We never went out again. I thought it was a bad sign. Years later someone told me that it actually means good luck. Doh!
--hide--

laughing laughing laughing thanks for adding some humor into this thread.

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: (Quote) Jerry-730726 said: There was a "blind date" I was set to me...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: [quote]Jerry-730726 said:

There was a "blind date" I was set to meet....a little over a year ago. When I called her...I said...."Why dont we meet at such and such place?"

Talk about bad blind dates...

I once unknowingly went on a blind date with a man who was marked for a hit (aka- there was a contract out on his life- aka- people wanted to kill him). It was an interesting experience to say the least. He told me about it while we were on our date because he was so jumpy and always looking over his shoulder, but I didn't believe him. Thankfully, nothing happened, but he was shot at a few days later. So much for good friends trying to fix me up. Needless to say, that was my first and last blind date.

--hide--

So did he die?

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniele-678076 said: (Quote) Celia-821539 said: No kidding. There is no way I would go visit ...
(Quote) Daniele-678076 said:

[quote]Celia-821539 said:

No kidding. There is no way I would go visit a guy first.

Sadly many women do not know this dating rule. Hopefully forums such as these would be able to spread the message.

--hide--

There are women who say they like to be out there visiting the guy first. I am not necessarily one of them,(It depends) but I was asked to fly out of the country to have a relatively short visit, in one particular case, and I said no. I said no because I did not sense the right kind of relationship building going on between the guy and me. It just did not seem like the right thing to do in that case. I asked him to come here and then he asked me to drive out to meet him somewhere and I figured he must not be that interested.

I probably could find a better story if I think about it. But I don't want to write anything to telling or too negative..

Nov 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: So did he die?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

So did he die?

--hide--

No. Luckily , we did not stay in touch so I don't know how he's doing now. He was a lying, womanizing scoundrel anyway.
Posts 41 - 50 of 69