Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 29th 2012 new
No problem Daniele. Happy to amuse.
Nov 29th 2012 new

It has been so long, I do not even know when, where or with who it was with. Perhaps my biggest regret was to just give up! jan

Nov 29th 2012 new

Okay Josephine, yours takes the prize...a hit out on him? That is too much! What were your "friends" thinking? boggled

Nov 29th 2012 new

Ted, I agree with what you said--I ultmately concluded that the person might well have a dependency issue that was not so easily hidden when we were face to face. It is all I could come up with to explain such a reversal of personality as I experienced.

No one should blame themselves for not being able to "save" someone else from themselves. That is not our job; we are just to try to be conduits of God's grace, and it's up to Him and the other person.

And to the comment of never going to visit a man first from some other posters, I often go to his location, so it was part of a trip I was taking, but I actually tend to prefer to go to the man's location for a whole variety of reasons. But that was when I was into LDRs...not so much anymore.

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Well, there's no reverse gear in my engine, nor do I ever hit the rewind button. Ho...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Well, there's no reverse gear in my engine, nor do I ever hit the rewind button. However, admittedly, there have been a few times where there was a delete button present, but, regrettably, I chose not to hit it at that time and paid the price for it later.

--hide--

Victor, I think we have all been there! We live and learn! Veronica

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Billy-921760 said: We were introduced by a mutual friend and after several phone conversations agreed to meet each other. I...
(Quote) Billy-921760 said: We were introduced by a mutual friend and after several phone conversations agreed to meet each other. It was decided we'd meet at a Trappist monastery near here. First she and I went to the Chapel to pray a Rosary together. Afterwards we took a long walk and spent hours enjoying each other's company. It was the most beautiful first date I'd ever been on. While seated on a bench, cuddled up looking into each others eyes, a bird pooped on my shoulder. Not just a little spec... I mean it was like the dang thing dropped a bomb on me. It was in my hair, down my arm, across my back. She couldn't stop laughing and of course I was embarassed as all heck. We never went out again. I thought it was a bad sign. Years later someone told me that it actually means good luck. Doh!
--hide--

Billy, It is so sad that you said that was the most beautiful date you had ever been on, but then you never went out with her again! Laughing is good for the soul! I know you were embarrassed, but you should not have taken it personally! I know I would have laughed too! Just saying...

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Several years ago I asked out a woman from my young adults group. She said yes, but that she was go...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Several years ago I asked out a woman from my young adults group. She said yes, but that she was going to be busy over the next few weeks. In the past, when a woman said that, it was a polite way of telling a man no. I learned that the hard way when I lived in TX.

I never followed up with that woman, but we remained friends to this day. Now I wonder if she was being genuine in how busy she was, and that interactions we've had since then were precursors and indicators to make a move. I'd like to try again when and if I ever see her again, but I can't decipher the signals between friendship and potential courtship. I don't care to have a repeat of the TX train wreck, but I also don't want to live with the regret of not having followed up.

--hide--

Carl, Life is too short! COMMUNICATION! Just contact her and say you want to talk to her about something and just ask her! Women like a man that knows what he wants and goes after it! Say a prayer first and then Trust In Jesus! HE will take care of you, either way! All God's blessings to you! Veronica biggrin theheart

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: So many things and people always seem to get in the way of it. Sometimes I wonder if God is steerin...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

So many things and people always seem to get in the way of it. Sometimes I wonder if God is steering me toward another woman. We all know there's plenty of you here on CM. I just wish several of you were within reasonable driving distance.

--hide--

Carl,

That is why God made airplanes! Take a chance! Just do it! God has your back!! :o) Veronica biggrin theheart

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Hard to do when you're an Army Reservist on active duty and have no leave time built up. Even C...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Hard to do when you're an Army Reservist on active duty and have no leave time built up. Even Christmas will be short and lonely this year.

--hide--

Carl, If it is the RIGHT woman, it will not matter to her! She will wait patiently for you! She will know that when you do see each other the time spent will be magical! Veronica biggrin theheart

Nov 29th 2012 new

For me, there are no dating regrets. It's been my experience that the worst situations make the funniest stories. How stunningly dull life would be if everything always worked out as planned?

Years and years ago, a wonderful man took me to a sushi restaurant. We left our shoes in the outer room and tucked our feet under the table. He explained to me about the soy sauce and mixing it with wasabi. I stared lovingly into his eyes and for a split, took my mind off my chopstick. Plop! Yes, about 14" dive into the soy sauce below went my California roll. I had so much soy sauce all over me that my cream blouse looked leopard print!

He promptly stood up and announced to the entire dining room, "Ladies and Gentleman, Ms. So and So!" Yeah, I about died and I could have killed him, but it was funny than and it's still funny to me. Life's an adventure! Live it to the fullest!

Posts 51 - 60 of 69