Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 27th 2012 new

By my EST you wrote your post at 1am.. It's no wonder you were slow to get replies.. I was asleep for nearly 2 hours by then..

I kind of like to wallow in my rejection for a while..But I'm better than I used to be.. rolling eyes

Nov 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: Man's rejection is God's protection.
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

Man's rejection is God's protection.

--hide--

Thanks Donna, that's exactly what I'm looking for, something that turns my mind quickly from the rejection to the right direction. I suppose "Forgive them for they know not what they do" - is the line too. I want to try to put one of these in my head so it stays there and gets used. I appreciate all the other posts too - they are helpful as well. And looking up the Michael W. Smith's song and readings.

Nov 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: By my EST you wrote your post at 1am.. It's no wonder you were slow to get replies.. I was asl...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

By my EST you wrote your post at 1am.. It's no wonder you were slow to get replies.. I was asleep for nearly 2 hours by then..

I kind of like to wallow in my rejection for a while..But I'm better than I used to be..

--hide--

Hi Donna, that's okay - it gave me a chance to try out a line or two without actually being rejected directly wink

Nov 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: Rejection is what Jesus is all about. I think this Methodist article describes it pretty well.<...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

Rejection is what Jesus is all about. I think this Methodist article describes it pretty well.

home.comcast.net

I really like this Catholic youtube video of "Blessed are they".

www.youtube.com

Imagining being the pope and getting shot and forgiving the shooter.

I'm not at all there yet. I hope to get to a point where I know the message to speak to myself when I feel rejected to be thankful for the opportunity to be forgiving - really is that it ??? What should we be saying to ourselves? There is also the not being a doormat thing in meek. So, set expectations correctly up front, right?

--hide--

Hi Andrea, sometimes it just means you dodged a bullet! It may hurt really bad, but then you come to know more about the person and think, "phew". I'm not a big country music fan, but I love the words for Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks:

Just the other night a hometown football game
My wife and I ran into my old high school flame
And as I introduced them the past came back to me
And I couldn't help but think of the way things used to be

She was the one that I'd wanted for all times
And each night I'd spend prayin' that God would make her mine
And if he'd only grant me this wish I wished back then
I'd never ask for anything again

[Chorus]
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

She wasn't quite the angel that I remembered in my dreams
And I could tell that time had changed me
Inn her eyes too it seemed
We tried to talk about the old days
There wasn't much we could recall
I guess the Lord knows what he's doin' after all

And as she walked away and I looked at my wife
And then and there I thanked the good Lord
For the gifts in my life

Dec 8th 2012 new

Rejection is divine protection

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) David-820720 said: Rejection is divine protection
(Quote) David-820720 said:

--hide--

GOOD Attitude. I always take the WYSIWYG approach. If somebody doesn't like what they see in me, I'm better off without them.

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) David-820720 said: Rejection is divine protection
(Quote) David-820720 said:

--hide--

Wow, that one is really deep David. I think I may have found my answer. Thanks.

Dec 8th 2012 new

God is watching over me and my son . the wrong person can do lot of harm .

Dec 8th 2012 new
Rejection may be used to humble one's soul. Only a humble soul can receive the grace of God. biggrin
Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: Rejection is what Jesus is all about. I think this Methodist article describes it pretty well.
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

Rejection is what Jesus is all about. I think this Methodist article describes it pretty well.

home.comcast.net

I really like this Catholic youtube video of "Blessed are they".

www.youtube.com

Imagining being the pope and getting shot and forgiving the shooter.

I'm not at all there yet. I hope to get to a point where I know the message to speak to myself when I feel rejected to be thankful for the opportunity to be forgiving - really is that it ??? What should we be saying to ourselves? There is also the not being a doormat thing in meek. So, set expectations correctly up front, right?

--hide--

WE should tell oursleves that REJECTION is GOD'S PROTECTION. This is a saying we have developed here on this site. It encourages us and helps the new comers develop a good perspective. We come here so bright eyes and naive. It is nto always eay to find an appropriate person who is interested in us. So WE have lots to learn in the meantime.
But many do find the person and MANY do have SUCCESS. heartbeat theheart

Posts 11 - 20 of 29