Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/08/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: God is watching over me and my son . the wrong person can do lot of harm .
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

God is watching over me and my son . the wrong person can do lot of harm .

--hide--

That is right. You do not need to be with the wrong person.

12/08/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: By my EST you wrote your post at 1am.. It's no wonder you were slow to get replies.. I was asl...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

By my EST you wrote your post at 1am.. It's no wonder you were slow to get replies.. I was asleep for nearly 2 hours by then..

I kind of like to wallow in my rejection for a while..But I'm better than I used to be..

--hide--

I have learned to almost time it and I tell myself that in one week, I will feel better and in two weeks I be doing great...(sort of!) theheart

12/08/2012 new
I tell myself that it is God saying, "No, this is not the one for you. Persevere my child. Try again. You will find him."
12/08/2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: I tell myself that it is God saying, "No, this is not the one for you. Persevere my child. Try a...
(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: I tell myself that it is God saying, "No, this is not the one for you. Persevere my child. Try again. You will find him."
--hide--

When we get attached, it is not as easy but it is something we have to learn if we want to keep looking and hope to find our intended.

12/08/2012 new

I am really working at living in God's will. I figure it is either I am living outside of God's will, in which case God will bring me back, or the other person is living outside God's will.

12/08/2012 new

(Quote) Will-706257 said: I am really working at living in God's will. I figure it is either I am living outside of God&...
(Quote) Will-706257 said:

I am really working at living in God's will. I figure it is either I am living outside of God's will, in which case God will bring me back, or the other person is living outside God's will.

--hide--

I have thought of it this strictly sometimes, but more rarely so black and white, but I more often think that it is nto time yet. We need time to be at the right ripeness so to speak. Like Fruit.... bronze medal

Many things in the world and nature need ripening.... need more process....

12/08/2012 new

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for all the posts. They were all meaningful to me.

I realized Donna and David and some others really said the same line - but David's version kind of spoke to me more clearly.

I've held onto something for about 26 yrs. (grief support related). I felt it was a very reasonable expectation that went unfulfilled by one person - it has been very difficult for me to shake it. I don't usually have this problem, but this one was different in my mind.

Thank you, you have given me the line I needed.

12/08/2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: (Quote) David-820720 said: Rejection is divine protection(Quote)
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

[quote]David-820720 said:

Rejection is divine protection[quote]

GOOD Attitude. I always take the WYSIWYG approach. If somebody doesn't like what they see in me, I'm better off without them.

--hide--

Or if they do not choose to look deeply and really see you- you are better than that. Some persons don't look deeply enough.

12/08/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Or if they do not choose to look deeply and really see you- you are better than that. Som...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Or if they do not choose to look deeply and really see you- you are better than that. Some persons don't look deeply enough.

--hide--

Marian that is meant as a comforting thought. But this thought path lays blame on the other person, and continues the cycle. Been there, done that - it doesn't quite help. The only person I could change is me. For whatever reason the person could not do my will or fulfill their own intention. Perhaps, they have an issue as well they are working on - and can not be available to look more deeply. Many times we need to forgive. But in some cases, there seems nothing is there to forgive, only the rejection of our very reasonable expectation that needs to be released.

Posts 21 - 29 of 29