Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 28th 2012 new

I agree with David. I have of thousands of dollars to end the fight, somebody had to be the bigger person.

In the end, you come out ahead anyway if you let go of the resentment.

Nov 28th 2012 new

I agree with David. I have of thousands of dollars to end the fight, somebody had to be the bigger person.

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: I agree with David. I have of thousands of dollars to end the fight, somebody had to be the bi...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

--hide--
While I am going to follow David's advise, my fight is against what I see as an abusive state agency and not my ex-wife who is not a part of the action.

David, if you are reading this, what is the procedure for dropping the case just filed last week? Thank you for your advice, everyone.

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Tom-919560 said: While I am going to follow David's advise, my fight is against what I see as an abusive state a...
(Quote) Tom-919560 said:

While I am going to follow David's advise, my fight is against what I see as an abusive state agency and not my ex-wife who is not a part of the action.

David, if you are reading this, what is the procedure for dropping the case just filed last week? Thank you for your advice, everyone.

--hide--

You file a notice of dismissal - either with or without prejudice. with prejudice means you can never bring the suit again. without means you reserve your right to refile.

IN THE ______________ COURT OF

_________, CALIFORNIA

Thomas ___________ : Case No. ________

Plaintiff, : Judge ___________

- v - :

_________________, : Notice of Dismissal without Prejudice

Defendant. :

Plaintiff Thomas ____________ hereby dismisses the above-captioned lawsuit without prejudice.

Respectfully submitted,

x ____________________________

Thomas _________, Plaintiff, pro se

[your address, phone number, e-mail address]

[page break]

Certificate of Service

A copy of the forgoing Notice of Dismissal without Prejudice has been sent by first class mail, this ____ day of November 2012, to the following:

[name and address of State Agency]

Respectfully submitted,

x ____________________________

Thomas _________

This is the standard form, but CA may have different forms or rules. your local court's website may have a form for use by pro se litigants. Check your local court rules or talk to an attorney. if you sue the state or county goverment, you may have to send a copy to the attorney general or county prosecutor as well as to the agency.

Nov 28th 2012 new

sorry, this didn't print right. there should be two columns for the part with the parties' names and caption "Notice of Dismissal without Prejudice"

Nov 28th 2012 new

follow this format www.nysd.uscourts.gov

Nov 28th 2012 new

Dear David,

How nice of you to help out, for free another CMer with legal advice .

You arre a diamond in the rough David. Pleasure to have met you

Casey

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Let go of it. It's a sure loser. if you do prevail, it will cost you multiples o...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Let go of it. It's a sure loser. if you do prevail, it will cost you multiples of what the state took in order to win.. NEVER sue on principle. Take your lumps and move on. Don't nurse a resentment. Forget the State of California for she has forgotten you.

--hide--

I absolutely agree with David. You will invest more than you could possible gain and the stress you will experience cannot even be measured. Sometimes it is best to just walk away. You might contact your representative and see if they will help you. Before I was an attorney, I had to do that with an issue and got good results. Other than that, I say cut your losses and leave it alone. Your mental and spiritual peace is not worth it.

- Elizabeth

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: I absolutely agree with David. You will invest more than you could possible gain and ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

I absolutely agree with David. You will invest more than you could possible gain and the stress you will experience cannot even be measured. Sometimes it is best to just walk away. You might contact your representative and see if they will help you. Before I was an attorney, I had to do that with an issue and got good results. Other than that, I say cut your losses and leave it alone. Your mental and spiritual peace is not worth it.

- Elizabeth

--hide--
I don't know how to walk away from a fight. I'm too much like Sonny Corleone. Yeah, I know what happened to him.

I truly believe what Jefferson said is now true: When the people fear the government, we have tyranny. Liberty exists when that situation is reversed. When we salute the flag each day, I don't feel too enthusiastic.

Oh, I contacted a state assemblyman, senator, and county supervisor. They are Republicans and two of the three offices assigned only minimal case work effort. They've given up the fight. Big Brother is here to stay.

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: You file a notice of dismissal - either with or without prejudice. with prejudice me...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

You file a notice of dismissal - either with or without prejudice. with prejudice means you can never bring the suit again. without means you reserve your right to refile.

--hide--
I want to thank you for your support and advice. What's the bill?

Posts 11 - 20 of 34