Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: David's a lawyer..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

David's a lawyer..

--hide--
Yes, I found out. Now I see why your're laughing. laughing

Dec 5th 2012 new

Tom, I am not an attorney, nor am I a Californian. I happen to be a wealth-management advisor and a certified-financial-planner certificant and I have been practicing for many years. I have had clients living in California. I have had clients who formerly lived in California. I have had clients who formerly worked for organizations headquartered in California. My experience is limited, but I do want you to know that I have a very distinct impression that California is, and has been, out for every red cent they can attempt to monopolize, based upon a number of incidents which clients have shared with me.

Dec 5th 2012 new

I feel the same way. Big smile!

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Joan-684265 said: Tom, I am not an attorney, nor am I a Californian. I happen to be a wealth-management advisor and ...
(Quote) Joan-684265 said:

Tom, I am not an attorney, nor am I a Californian. I happen to be a wealth-management advisor and a certified-financial-planner certificant and I have been practicing for many years. I have had clients living in California. I have had clients who formerly lived in California. I have had clients who formerly worked for organizations headquartered in California. My experience is limited, but I do want you to know that I have a very distinct impression that California is, and has been, out for every red cent they can attempt to monopolize, based upon a number of incidents which clients have shared with me.

--hide--
The agency is very aggressive. My ex's third husband is getting hammered by them, and he overpaid his ex by $100,000! They threatened to take away his business and drivers' license. An attorney and former advocate for the agency told one of his clients the agency "is corrupt" and teaches the agents to keep the money coming into the system. I think, but I'm not sure, that this is their way of redistributing money to single parents (moms) whose husbands don't pay and who might have assets that are difficult to trace. As a teacher, they could easily get my retirement if I chose to rebel against the tyranny and not cooperate. I didn't have a problem paying, but did have a problem with how they attacked even while my case was pending between judicial hearings; and I had an even greater problem because they did this at a time when two of my three children became of age and decided to live with me. Further, she chose not to work, and by doing so she tried to manipulate the system so that the two living with me was not enough to offset her lack of income, even imputed at minimum wage. So, she would have recievied her third husband's income plus a few hundred a month from me. The cards are stacked against people who are responsible and earn a living and who often are not at fault for the breakup of the marriage.

Googling "DCSS abuses...." leads to some interesting and sad stories of how some dads have lost everything, all because the state cannot discern morally. Though their mantra is "for the children's best interests," the manipulators oftentimes come out ahead. Last, the rise of irresponsible male and female sexual promiscuity which often leaves many women pregnant with no means of financial support, has no doubt spawned the "need" for collection agencies like this. Would I like to be an attorney? Yeah, and I wouldn't make much money because I believe in principles. It's funny, but if you jump into the other forums that discuss politics, the younger and liberal Catholic crowd here don't seem to have had an up close and personal look at the oppressiveness of an over-reaching government.

Posts 31 - 34 of 34