Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I've known this to be true, but it may catch others by surprise. Too bad he's caused damage to the country along the way. But a moment of truth in politics is a rare moment indeed. -Ed

James Carville - "Ideologies aren't all that important. What's important is psychology.

The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That's why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don't have a clue as to political reality.

What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn't have a clue than there were Republicans.

Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you're smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That's why I'm a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to."

thinkexist.com
Nov 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: I've known this to be true, but it may catch others by surprise. Too bad he's cause...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: I've known this to be true, but it may catch others by surprise. Too bad he's caused damage to the country along the way. But a moment of truth in politics is a rare moment indeed. -Ed

James Carville - "Ideologies aren't all that important. What's important is psychology.

The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That's why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don't have a clue as to political reality.

What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn't have a clue than there were Republicans.

Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you're smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That's why I'm a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to."

thinkexist.com
--hide--

Interesting, and straight from Carville.

If one examines the rhetoric in both of Obummer's runs, what is most striking is how little he actually said. No doubt, he pushed his hope and change line but never told you what hopes or changes he was talking about. They actually exist in his books and interviews that no one ever sees, but on the campaign trail nothing.

That is the genius of his maneuvering. He preaches hope and change without content and lets the individual lemming fill in whatever they want those empty words to mean. So his panting supporters tell you that he is for all kinds of things that he is not; that he has accomplished all kinds of things when he hasn't.

Since in their minds he believes and supports whatever they do, even though he doesn't, they believe whatever he tells them about his opponent even if it not true.

So in the last couple of days, you have Jamie Fox telling us he is our lord and saviour and the latest propaganda picture being shown show him as the crucified christ with the Presidential seal in the background. And neither the media nor his supporters find anything wrong with any of it.

Nov 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Interesting, and straight from Carville. If one examines the rhetoric in both of...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

If one examines the rhetoric in both of Obummer's runs, what is most striking is how little he actually said. No doubt, he pushed his hope and change line but never told you what hopes or changes he was talking about. They actually exist in his books and interviews that no one ever sees, but on the campaign trail nothing.

That is the genius of his maneuvering. He preaches hope and change without content and lets the individual lemming fill in whatever they want those empty words to mean. So his panting supporters tell you that he is for all kinds of things that he is not; that he has accomplished all kinds of things when he hasn't.

Since in their minds he believes and supports whatever they do, even though he doesn't, they believe whatever he tells them about his opponent even if it not true.

So in the last couple of days, you have Jamie Fox telling us he is our lord and saviour and the latest propaganda picture being shown show him as the crucified christ with the Presidential seal in the background. And neither the media nor his supporters find anything wrong with any of it.

--hide--

You are so correct. Sheep led to slaughter, so to speak.
Nov 27th 2012 new

This is an urban myth

www.snopes.com

Nov 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: This is an urban myth www.snopes.com
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

This is an urban myth

www.snopes.com

--hide--

I've written that site asking for their source. I won't totally capitulate to Snopes at the moment, as I've found some of their reviews to be biased or half-true. And I can understand if Carville wanted to refute it. But if I can't validate it further, I'll acquiesce. Too bad, as I certainly see truth in the statement.
Nov 27th 2012 new

This is an urban myth

www.snopes.com

--hide--

Hi Cathy et alia,

Cathy, good work thumbsup

James ☺

Nov 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: I've known this to be true, but it may catch others by surprise. Too bad he's cause...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: I've known this to be true, but it may catch others by surprise. Too bad he's caused damage to the country along the way. But a moment of truth in politics is a rare moment indeed. -Ed

thinkexist.com
--hide--

These things are true of both parties. The inability of a party member to see these qualities in his own party is a major handicap.

Nov 27th 2012 new

This is an urban myth

www.snopes.com

--hide--

Does Snopes deny this as well? Quoted from Andy Andrews book, "How Do You Kill Eleven Million People?"

"How fortunate for leaders," Hitler said to his inner circle, "that men do not think. Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually people will believe it."

www.searchquotes.com

Nov 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Interesting, and straight from Carville. If one examines the rhetoric in both of O...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

--hide--

Paul, this is so right on target. Well written.

I guess if even the Nobel Committee was taken in by Obummer's empty rhetoric, we can't really be too surprised that 52% of the American electorate also ran to the swill. He is a messiah to them, and they project whatever their wishes for utopia are onto him.

I can't help wondering if this is exactly how the Germans felt about Hitler in 1936.

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:Paul, this is so right on target. Well written. I guess if even the Nobel Committee was take...
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:
Paul, this is so right on target. Well written.

I guess if even the Nobel Committee was taken in by Obummer's empty rhetoric, we can't really be too surprised that 52% of the American electorate also ran to the swill. He is a messiah to them, and they project whatever their wishes for utopia are onto him.

I can't help wondering if this is exactly how the Germans felt about Hitler in 1936.

--hide--

There is not much that can be said in favor of Hitler. But here is something to consider. As EVIL as he was Germany was in a lot worse shape when he took over than the US when Obummer assumed office.

Yet in the same time frame he had the German economy booming. True he did it by turning the economy to a war footing that the whole world paid a very dear price for.

Obummer took over a country that was tired of a couple of wars that only a relatively few Americans were involved in directly even if you count all the workers involved in the production of materials to wage those wars and the families of those dead and seriously wounded soldiers. But after spending many more dollars, even when you adjust for inflation to make the expenditures of Hitler's Germany and Obummer's America some 80+ years later comparable, the US economy is still in worse shape than in January 2009.

4 years after taking office Hitler had a virtually zero unemployment rate and had stopped and completely controlled a rate of inflation that was astronomically high. We are yet to suffer the coming ravages of inflation that Obummer's policy of unbridled printing press money will trigger. It is already built in and virtually unstoppable.

There are other comparisons where the two records coincide and are parallell in a most awful way. I won't address them here because I would be accused of all kinds of exaggeration.

As it is, I will be accused by a couple of young men posting here of making excuses for Hitler. Which of course is not true.

Posts 1 - 10 of 13