Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Home Alone (the first one is the best!)
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Home Alone (the first one is the best!)

--hide--

I laughed so hard when Kevin put the tarantula on that burglar's face, my stomach was hurting and my eyes were watering. Now my eyes water when I hear of his addiction to herion sad

Dec 9th 2012 new

I like A Christmas Story and Muppets Christmas Carol. :)

Dec 9th 2012 new
I just saw a recent movie on tv...Fallen Angel...really good
Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Matthew-704947 said: It's a Wonderful Life is one of the best movies any time of year. The acts of humi...
(Quote) Matthew-704947 said:

It's a Wonderful Life is one of the best movies any time of year. The acts of humility by George Bailey were amazing. Frank Capra was brilliant; Mr. Smith Goes to Washington showed that Capra knew what it means to be an American and It's a Wonderful Life illustrated how to be human. What a great cast, too!

But now I'm curious. I would love to see George C. Scott as Scrooge.

--hide--

George C. Scott did a wonderful job as Scrooge.

www.youtube.com

Dec 9th 2012 new

Christmas Vacation & Jingle all the Way wave

Dec 9th 2012 new

Best Holiday films:
It's a Wonderful Life
White Christmas (yes corny, but I love it)
Scrooge ('51)
Miracle on 34th St (orig.)
A Muppet Christmas Carol (with Michael Caine)
A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott version)
The Family Man (with Nick Cage, a kind of It's a Wonderful Life in reverse)

Also a great TV movie from about 20 years ago: "Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus" with Richard Thomas and Charles Bronson. It's the story of Virginia and her letter to the NY Sun. Bronson plays Frank Church the writer who answers the famous letter (of course, he does punch out a jerk in one scene, naturally). Ture story with some fictional fluff added. Really good. We taped in when it first aired. Don't think it's on DVD yet. If you find it, get it.

Honorable mention:
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
The Santa Clause (1st one)

TV category:
A Charlie Brown Christmas
The Grinch

Dec 10th 2012 new

Can't pick just ONE....Bishop's Wife w/Cary Grant,David Niven.....Original Miracle on 34th Street.....Holiday Inn w/ Bing Crosby....Christmas in Connecticut w/ Barbara Stanwick...Scrooge w/ Albert Finney....Home Alone....Lemon Drop Kid w/Bob Hope...I REALLY could go on. As you see, I prefer the classics..great movies, great actors..ORIGINAL stories!

Dec 11th 2012 new
Christmas with the lampoons Pursuit of happyness
Dec 11th 2012 new

It's actually Miracle on 34th Street, and I love the original. biggrin

Dec 11th 2012 new

I must respectfully disagree - Alastair Sim is/was the epitome of Scrooge. Finney is a light weight. irked

Posts 51 - 60 of 74