Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Dec 23rd 2012 new
Joanne, these are great choices. I'd say for me: It's a Wonderful Life (from the movie category), followed closely by A Christmas Carol (a couple of the old versions) and the original Miracle on 34th Street. In the cartoon/TV genre: I love The Little Drummer Boy. I love the last line, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." I really like many of the cartoons like Rudolph and The Grinch and The Year without a Santa Claus (if just for the Snow Miser and Heat Miser), but I never liked it that they gave Santa the power to cancel Christmas. We all know Santa would never do that. There was a cute one "Twas the Night Before Christmas" about some mice a while back that I liked. Of course there was Frosty the Snowman, and the various bad sequels that didn't live up to the original. But my FAVORITE of the Cartoons (other than The Little Drummer Boy) is Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I loved it as a kid, and I love it even more as an adult because it does something few of the others don't. It acknowledges the true reason of Christmas. At the end Santa and the love of his life who was to become Mrs. Claus are married, as the narrator says, "on the holiest night of the year, Christmas Eve." That to me says it all. And oh goodness I just realized I left our A Charlie Brown Christmas. Another classic and one that also hits the mark on the reason for the season. Merry Christmas everyone!
Jan 1st 2013 new

Babes In Toyland(1934)with Stan and Ollie laughing
www.youtube.com

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Babes In Toyland(1934)with Stan and Ollie www.youtube.com
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Babes In Toyland(1934)with Stan and Ollie
www.youtube.com

--hide--

I never saw that one. I saw the Disney version as a child. But, I bet I would love that one since it has Stan and Ollie in it.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

I saw a twist on Scrooge starring Susan Lucci as Ebbe Scrooge titled "EBBE". It was a Hallmark special and I really liked watching it.

Posts 71 - 74 of 74