Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 10th 2012 new

laughing laughing laughing Ray...

Move over.... I'll join you...!!! eyepopping

Dec 10th 2012 new

I Laughed, then I was sad becasue of the posts and now I am laughing again...cracks me up!!! laughing

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: Ray... Move over.... I'll join you...!!!
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

Ray...

Move over.... I'll join you...!!!

--hide--
Lotsa room for you, Debbie -- the treadmill next to the one I'm using is unoccupied..... wink laughing

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Michele-910064 said: I Laughed, then I was sad becasue of the posts and now I am laughing again...cracks me up!!!
(Quote) Michele-910064 said:

I Laughed, then I was sad becasue of the posts and now I am laughing again...cracks me up!!!

--hide--
We do try to be uplifting around here, Michele.... biggrin

Dec 10th 2012 new

I laughed a lot! then I read some posts to see if I was wrong,

then I cracked up!!

Thanks for making my day brighter!

Dec 10th 2012 new

Foolish because I can look a senior officer or fellow Soldier dead in the eye, but an attractive woman makes me melt.

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: (Quote) Melanie-894195 said: . . . I'm guilty of thinking, "he...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Quote:
Melanie-894195 said:

. . . I'm guilty of thinking, "he would never look twice at me". . . .

I feel the same way, much of the time, Melanie ... also thinking "what's so special about me"? They browse once, and that's about it ... or if they write, they write once, and that's it ... I don't understand it.

--hide--

Don't pay her no mind, Mary Alice. I've looked at her plenty of times! wink duck

theheart

Dec 10th 2012 new

You are so cute , Carl, I would never guess you'd be shy around girls you like!! It's so sweet really! I bet the girl would melt if she found out you thought she was attractive. Your problem is SO SO common though---don't feel like you're the only one! The best way to get over this (or so I am told) is to practice, practice, practice!!!! At the grocery store, at church, at work, everywhere.... just treat everyone the same--whether the person is attractive or not. And eventually it will get easier with the attractive ones too. Just be a regular person with everyone.....and then it will be easier to try getting to know the attractive ones a little better..

I have always had the same problem--with guys I find attractive (not in pictures but in real life.) Horrible problem. (freeze up, heart beats fast, I turn red, shake...) I am just starting to practice more and more and am making baby steps in the right direction. Joined a swing dance group and am practicing there. Am practicing at the gym I go to. I freeze around certain guys at church though-----trying to not get so hung up about all this and just be a normal person to all!! Finally making baby steps is giving me a little more confidence.. and I've had a few dates lately because of it with neat guys I never would have had the nerve to talk to before (they asked me out ) .. (wish they were catholic though....bummer. And wish I could talk to the ones at church! Or meet catholic ones at dancing or the gym!)

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-355103 said: You are so cute , Carl, I would never guess you'd be shy around girls you like!! It's so ...
(Quote) Kathy-355103 said:

You are so cute , Carl, I would never guess you'd be shy around girls you like!! It's so sweet really! I bet the girl would melt if she found out you thought she was attractive. Your problem is SO SO common though---don't feel like you're the only one! The best way to get over this (or so I am told) is to practice, practice, practice!!!! At the grocery store, at church, at work, everywhere.... just treat everyone the same--whether the person is attractive or not. And eventually it will get easier with the attractive ones too. Just be a regular person with everyone.....and then it will be easier to try getting to know the attractive ones a little better..

I have always had the same problem--with guys I find attractive (not in pictures but in real life.) Horrible problem. (freeze up, heart beats fast, I turn red, shake...) I am just starting to practice more and more and am making baby steps in the right direction. Joined a swing dance group and am practicing there. Am practicing at the gym I go to. I freeze around certain guys at church though-----trying to not get so hung up about all this and just be a normal person to all!! Finally making baby steps is giving me a little more confidence.. and I've had a few dates lately because of it with neat guys I never would have had the nerve to talk to before (they asked me out ) .. (wish they were catholic though....bummer. And wish I could talk to the ones at church! Or meet catholic ones at dancing or the gym!)

--hide--

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you for this Kathy... rose rose rose

Oh me too on the freezing up... Been that way all my life... But now that I'm single again, that concept of practicing is slowly making its way into my brain. You've got such great ideas though & I'm going to adopt a couple... *smile*

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Lotsa room for you, Debbie -- the treadmill next to the one I'm using is unoccupied.....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Lotsa room for you, Debbie -- the treadmill next to the one I'm using is unoccupied.....

--hide--

I'll see ya Thursday Ray... 6:00 a.m...!!! rolling eyes faint heart

Posts 51 - 60 of 61