Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 28th 2012 new

One time my Mom messed up....but I have to say 99 per cent of the time she was good at finding the right gifts. One time....in my 20's and married....she gave me what looked like State Issued prison clothing...only the trousers part were shorts! I said, "Gee Mom thanks for the pajamas...!" She looked at me sternly and said...."Those are not pajamas...you are to wear them casually outside!" (I was thinking Mom....I'm not wearing these at all!!!laughing ....not even to bed!!!laughing laughing ) Later when I tried the outfit on...which fit....(shucks) my brother said, "You look like half of Laurel and Hardy!" But all I thought was that I looked like I went to State Penn....instead of Penn State!

Nov 28th 2012 new

i'm sure mama gave you the doll!

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: The worst gift I ever got for Christmas was at a gift exchange at a business association Christm...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

The worst gift I ever got for Christmas was at a gift exchange at a business association Christmas party when I was a child. My mother got a little doll when she drew her number, and my father got a winner's ribbon in his gift. I was given the last gift under the tree by the Santa in attendance. I was so excited, because to me, the gifts my parents got were so cool, so I ripped off the wrapping paper of my box and opened it and started to cry. Not kidding, I was so upset that I was in tears. My mother could not stop laughing however. Here I was, a five year old, and my gift was a pair of adult grandma white cotton bloomers underwear (the kind that go to the knees) in a very, very large size, several sizes plus. I had no use for these things that were so big I could fit in one leg. Why couldn't I get a doll or a ribbon?

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing OMG!!! ANGELA! That is hysterical!

Nov 28th 2012 new

Yes, my mother gave me the doll to make me feel better. But I was five, and Santa gave me a pair of huge underwear! That was not on my wish list. irked laughing

Nov 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: One time my Mom messed up....but I have to say 99 per cent of the time she was good at finding the right gifts....
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

One time my Mom messed up....but I have to say 99 per cent of the time she was good at finding the right gifts. One time....in my 20's and married....she gave me what looked like State Issued prison clothing...only the trousers part were shorts! I said, "Gee Mom thanks for the pajamas...!" She looked at me sternly and said...."Those are not pajamas...you are to wear them casually outside!" (I was thinking Mom....I'm not wearing these at all!!! ....not even to bed!!! ) Later when I tried the outfit on...which fit....(shucks) my brother said, "You look like half of Laurel and Hardy!" But all I thought was that I looked like I went to State Penn....instead of Penn State!

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing do you have photos???
Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: One time my Mom messed up....but I have to say 99 per cent of the time she was good at finding th...

One time my Mom messed up....but I have to say 99 per cent of the time she was good at finding the right gifts. One time....in my 20's and married....she gave me what looked like State Issued prison clothing...only the trousers part were shorts! I said, "Gee Mom thanks for the pajamas...!" She looked at me sternly and said...."Those are not pajamas...you are to wear them casually outside!" (I was thinking Mom....I'm not wearing these at all!!! ....not even to bed!!! ) Later when I tried the outfit on...which fit....(shucks) my brother said, "You look like half of Laurel and Hardy!" But all I thought was that I looked like I went to State Penn....instead of Penn State!

--hide--
LMAO!!!! Jerry, all I kept thinking is you must of looked like a "candy cane" cut in half. wink laughing laughing

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: Yes, my mother gave me the doll to make me feel better. But I was five, and Santa gave me a pair...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

Yes, my mother gave me the doll to make me feel better. But I was five, and Santa gave me a pair of huge underwear! That was not on my wish list.

--hide--
NOR were my pajamas!

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: do you have photos???
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

do you have photos???
--hide--
You mean the one I took of them burning!?

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: LMAO!!!! Jerry, all I kept thinking is you must of looked like a "candy cane" cut in ha...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

LMAO!!!! Jerry, all I kept thinking is you must of looked like a "candy cane" cut in half.

--hide--
LOL!!! That is probably more accurate

Nov 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: You mean the one I took of them burning!?

You mean the one I took of them burning!?

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing At least I donated my microwave bowl to a church garage sale....lol boggled Along with the glass Tea picture that I could have made three gallons of tea in...... scratchchin scratchchin Yep same gift giver.....
Posts 11 - 20 of 200