Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Kathy, that is so funny. I love it when kids give fashion tips. I have a sister that has changed...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Kathy, that is so funny. I love it when kids give fashion tips. I have a sister that has changed my style since I came to TN
and am really happy she became my personal shopper although I was with her and paid!

--hide--

Thanks, Eileen.

I am happy to say I've given up the gangster look :)

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Karen-133138 said: Hysterical!!! :-)
(Quote) Karen-133138 said:

Hysterical!!! :-)

--hide--

I agree, Karen.

Her poem was a classic, too. It was all about how when she was little she thought I was perfect and as she is getting older, I only annoy her a little. laughing

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Lilibeth-865123 said: Kathy, this is hilarious! Thanks for the laughs.
(Quote) Lilibeth-865123 said:

Kathy, this is hilarious! Thanks for the laughs.
--hide--

Anytime, Lilibeth! By home is filled with laughs like this!

Nov 30th 2012 new

Told this one before...but really is worth telling again. One Christmas I sat my boys down (they were maybe 8 and 5) and said, "Do you guys want to bring Christmas to some boys" (these two boys were about Matt and Mark's age and lived in some projects by my office) At first they didn't know what to make of it but agreed.

(course they didn't know what I was about to ask! lol!) I said, "Well....each of you go and get 5 toys....maybe 4 you don't play with anymore...and 1 you DO still play with." The younger one said...."Dad this is kind of hard to do" I said, "I know...it should be "kinda hard. God will be proud of you for bringing Christmas to someone else....and so will I." My oldest said, "Dad I'll go get them" Then the younger followed suit with, "Okay Dad I will too" The oldest brought out 5 good toys....including a nice one he was still playing with. I said, "There you go son....those boys will love all these" The younger one brought in 5...but the difficult one was one he wasn't playing with. So i said, "Mark, you did good...but this one here is not that hard to give is it? Why don't you get that OTHER toy?" Reluctantly he went back....retrieved the toy...and said "Daddy...this one kind of hurts to give" I said, "Do you not want to? These boys don't have really anything" He said...."Ooooookay" So they rode with me...and my wife followed...so that I could just stay and go to work since these kids lived near my office. When they gave them the toys....those boys' (the recipients) looks were so priceless.....kind of like...."Why us?" My boys saw their joy and you could tell mine were so happy to help those kids! (priceless!) So on the way to their Mom's car I said, "Now did that make you feel good?" They nodded. I said, "I am so proud of you two...and love you!" They said, "Love you too Dad" Then the younger one said something which made their Mother and I laugh. He said, "Hope that Santa saw all this...and WE have a good Christmas!" laughing laughing I said, "He did.....and you've already had a good Christmas right? Cause REAL happiness at Christmas time is in giving to others as you guys did"~

Nov 30th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Told this one before...but really is worth telling again. One Christmas I sat my boys down (they were maybe 8 a...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Told this one before...but really is worth telling again. One Christmas I sat my boys down (they were maybe 8 and 5) and said, "Do you guys want to bring Christmas to some boys" (these two boys were about Matt and Mark's age and lived in some projects by my office) At first they didn't know what to make of it but agreed.

(course they didn't know what I was about to ask! lol!) I said, "Well....each of you go and get 5 toys....maybe 4 you don't play with anymore...and 1 you DO still play with." The younger one said...."Dad this is kind of hard to do" I said, "I know...it should be "kinda hard. God will be proud of you for bringing Christmas to someone else....and so will I." My oldest said, "Dad I'll go get them" Then the younger followed suit with, "Okay Dad I will too" The oldest brought out 5 good toys....including a nice one he was still playing with. I said, "There you go son....those boys will love all these" The younger one brought in 5...but the difficult one was one he wasn't playing with. So i said, "Mark, you did good...but this one here is not that hard to give is it? Why don't you get that OTHER toy?" Reluctantly he went back....retrieved the toy...and said "Daddy...this one kind of hurts to give" I said, "Do you not want to? These boys don't have really anything" He said...."Ooooookay" So they rode with me...and my wife followed...so that I could just stay and go to work since these kids lived near my office. When they gave them the toys....those boys' (the recipients) looks were so priceless.....kind of like...."Why us?" My boys saw their joy and you could tell mine were so happy to help those kids! (priceless!) So on the way to their Mom's car I said, "Now did that make you feel good?" They nodded. I said, "I am so proud of you two...and love you!" They said, "Love you too Dad" Then the younger one said something which made their Mother and I laugh. He said, "Hope that Santa saw all this...and WE have a good Christmas!" I said, "He did.....and you've already had a good Christmas right? Cause REAL happiness at Christmas time is in giving to others as you guys did"~

--hide--
Since my separation from my ex was on December 3rd that year that Christmas is what I have always referred to as my hard candy Christmas. I had to borrow money from my Mom to be able to give the gifts I gave that year. I tried to shut people out but God knew best because by the next Christmas I had my son to love and care for. Andrew was the best Gift God gave me, I woke up to find Gods love in my life. I was once so very shy but this baby would not let me remain content with being comfortable and shy. When he was not very old in his stroller he would literally have strangers coming up to me telling me that my son was waving at them inviting them in to get a closer look. My sons gift to me over the years was to expand my world and help me find that it is ok to let others in...he had such a diverse and huge group of friends that I was blessed to meet. And because of that I was able to open my heart to dating once more. Andrew told me more than once since I joined Catholic Match in 2004 that he was very thankful I decided to date....
Nov 30th 2012 new

Best: A small gift from someone I knew was unemployed and didn't have many resources at the time.

Worse: A gift card (no thought process or effort involved) that had a zero balance on it. irked

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Gene-529847 said: Best: A small gift from someone I knew was unemployed and didn't have many resources at the ti...
(Quote) Gene-529847 said:

Best: A small gift from someone I knew was unemployed and didn't have many resources at the time.

Worse: A gift card (no thought process or effort involved) that had a zero balance on it.

--hide--
Thank you Gene. I think of the generosity of those who "have it" and those who don't....and could if I sat here long enough come up with quite a few friends who are very generous. One my best friends had 10.00 in his pocket one time; and a man came in our office we knew....who said he was without money. My good friend Glen gave him that 10.00!

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Told this one before...but really is worth telling again. One Christmas I sat my boys down (they ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

(course they didn't know what I was about to ask! lol!) I said, "Well....each of you go and get 5 toys....maybe 4 you don't play with anymore...and 1 you DO still play with." The younger one said...."Dad this is kind of hard to do" I said, "I know...it should be "kinda hard. God will be proud of you for bringing Christmas to someone else....and so will I." My oldest said, "Dad I'll go get them" Then the younger followed suit with, "Okay Dad I will too" The oldest brought out 5 good toys....including a nice one he was still playing with. I said, "There you go son....those boys will love all these" The younger one brought in 5...but the difficult one was one he wasn't playing with. So i said, "Mark, you did good...but this one here is not that hard to give is it? Why don't you get that OTHER toy?" Reluctantly he went back....retrieved the toy...and said "Daddy...this one kind of hurts to give" I said, "Do you not want to? These boys don't have really anything" He said...."Ooooookay" So they rode with me...and my wife followed...so that I could just stay and go to work since these kids lived near my office. When they gave them the toys....those boys' (the recipients) looks were so priceless.....kind of like...."Why us?" My boys saw their joy and you could tell mine were so happy to help those kids! (priceless!) So on the way to their Mom's car I said, "Now did that make you feel good?" They nodded. I said, "I am so proud of you two...and love you!" They said, "Love you too Dad" Then the younger one said something which made their Mother and I laugh. He said, "Hope that Santa saw all this...and WE have a good Christmas!" I said, "He did.....and you've already had a good Christmas right? Cause REAL happiness at Christmas time is in giving to others as you guys did"~

--hide--

That is a heartwarming tale. Thank you for sharing.

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: That is a heartwarming tale. Thank you for sharing.
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

That is a heartwarming tale. Thank you for sharing.

--hide--
The pleasure is mine Donna. Since I believe our children are OUR most precious commodity.....I think my sons are the greatest gifts God gave me. And I do still love "J" because she IS their Mother. Mothers are great gifts too....because they are very special!

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Since my separation from my ex was on December 3rd that year that Christmas is what I have always referr...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Since my separation from my ex was on December 3rd that year that Christmas is what I have always referred to as my hard candy Christmas. I had to borrow money from my Mom to be able to give the gifts I gave that year. I tried to shut people out but God knew best because by the next Christmas I had my son to love and care for. Andrew was the best Gift God gave me, I woke up to find Gods love in my life. I was once so very shy but this baby would not let me remain content with being comfortable and shy. When he was not very old in his stroller he would literally have strangers coming up to me telling me that my son was waving at them inviting them in to get a closer look. My sons gift to me over the years was to expand my world and help me find that it is ok to let others in...he had such a diverse and huge group of friends that I was blessed to meet. And because of that I was able to open my heart to dating once more. Andrew told me more than once since I joined Catholic Match in 2004 that he was very thankful I decided to date....
--hide--
Through your posts.....I can tell Brenda....Andrew was a very special young man!

Posts 151 - 160 of 200