Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

11/30/2012 new

My son just called me about the "gift" he just got from a friend of mine who owns an auto repair shop (known him 19 years) He needed about 150.00 worth of repairs done to his truck. My friend "B" fixed it himself....and when asked by Mark what was owed to him....he shrugged it off saying "Merry Christmas"clap

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: My son just called me about the "gift" he just got from a friend of mine who owns an au...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

My son just called me about the "gift" he just got from a friend of mine who owns an auto repair shop (known him 19 years) He needed about 150.00 worth of repairs done to his truck. My friend "B" fixed it himself....and when asked by Mark what was owed to him....he shrugged it off saying "Merry Christmas"

--hide--
What a great gift for Mark. Sounds as if you have a great gift in your friend "B" who did this for Mark.

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: What a great gift for Mark. Sounds as if you have a great gift in your friend "B" who d...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

What a great gift for Mark. Sounds as if you have a great gift in your friend "B" who did this for Mark.

--hide--
Absolutely "B" is Linda. Course I've spent lots of money over the course of 19 years with him....never-the-less I learned a long time ago from a boss who I loved....and remained friends with. He used to say: "Just remember this...Jerry....It's not WHO you are....but WHO you KNOW!"

11/30/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Absolutely "B" is Linda. Course I've spent lots of money over the course of 19 years with him.......
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Absolutely "B" is Linda. Course I've spent lots of money over the course of 19 years with him....never-the-less I learned a long time ago from a boss who I loved....and remained friends with. He used to say: "Just remember this...Jerry....It's not WHO you are....but WHO you KNOW!"

--hide--

Absolutely true!!! And I am sure you are a blessing to others!
11/30/2012 new

The GREATEST gift I've ever received was the day I was confirmed into the Catholic Faith. (4yrs. ago)

Everything else has paled in comparison. No jewels, furs, home, cars, etc., even comes close to this magnificent gift. Thank you God.

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: The GREATEST gift I've ever received was the day I was confirmed into the Catholic Faith. (4y...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

The GREATEST gift I've ever received was the day I was confirmed into the Catholic Faith. (4yrs. ago)

Everything else has paled in comparison. No jewels, furs, home, cars, etc., even comes close to this magnificent gift. Thank you God.

--hide--

Linda,

Once again, Jerry has come up with a winner for a thread. Both of you have that in common.

I am entering this thread today and have read many of the posts and all of yours. I knew at some point, you would reference your conversion to Catholicism as your greatest gift. Certainly one to be proud. That is the Catholic's gain and the Protestant's loss.

In my lifetime, I can't say I ever received a bad gift. I always figured if I received a gift inappropriatefor me, then that individual still had to put forth some effort and thought. Of course, they sometimes could have thought of something else. laughing I always graciously thanked everyone.

For the best gift, I have had several. I come from a family of modest means. My dad worked hard for little money. In 1957 when I was 10, I received a Sears J. C. Higgins 26 inch bicycle. At that time, the bike cost $66.00 which was a great personal financial sacrifice. The bike was a little big but young children grow fast. This bike had chrome fenders, a horn, nice light, white wall tires and a carrier on the rear fender so I could take the girls in the neighborhood for rides. They loved it. I was the envy of the guys and gals. When I got much older, I wish I would have had the sense to keep the bike.

Let me say for the record, my former spouse always gave me great gifts. The only reason hers weren't at the top of the list was due to the sacrifices dad had to endure to buy that bike. When we were married, we had more money for gifts.

From a spiritual standpoint, one Christmas about 10 years ago, I received from a non-family member a rosary from Bethlehem, The beads were made by local craftsmen and come from trees of olive wood from the Holy Land. River water from the Jordan is placed inside the center-piece of the rosary. I have only used that rosary twice as I have told my children I want that rosary to be buried with me.

I must say I have given some strange gifts to others but that is for another time. Some I could not mention on CM.

Linda, - no meats? no salted hams? no furs? no jewels? Gosh, your next husband will have it easy. laughing Seriously, you will be his greatest gift.

Blessings to all, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

11/30/2012 new

It was my Dad's birthday a long time ago.....I come from a large family and one of my youngest brothers was asked to present the birthday card he had colored for my DAd for his birthday. We had all given my dad his cards and it was my brothers turn....he looked confused, then ran off and came back with a card behind his back. After a moment he pulled out an "Old Maid" card ....a birthday card in deed for my Dad :) ...lol. It was the most hilarous memonets and my little brother didn't even realize :) We still joke him about it :)

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Jennefer-795480 said: It was my Dad's birthday a long time ago.....I come from a large family and one of my youn...
(Quote) Jennefer-795480 said:

It was my Dad's birthday a long time ago.....I come from a large family and one of my youngest brothers was asked to present the birthday card he had colored for my DAd for his birthday. We had all given my dad his cards and it was my brothers turn....he looked confused, then ran off and came back with a card behind his back. After a moment he pulled out an "Old Maid" card ....a birthday card in deed for my Dad :) ...lol. It was the most hilarous memonets and my little brother didn't even realize :) We still joke him about it :)

--hide--
First post alert! Welcome to the forums and CM Jennefer and what a FUNNY post!!!

11/30/2012 new
A friend of mine went to the Vatican an brought back two rosaries - one for me and one for my Mom. That was one of the most thoughtful things she could do for me, my friend is a Methodist.....this same friend was in Denver, Co the week Pope John Paul II was there and brought back the Sunday paper that was full of articles and photos of the Popes visit......I am truly blessed to have friends like Linda.....
11/30/2012 new

Well my best friend down south had kind of Best/Worst moment. It was his birthday and his wife "D" had given him a dinner out. She also had given him some small gifts. So they went back home. When they got there he said...."Man honey....I am so full....I think I need to pass gas." He did and more than usual one! He said this just as she turned the lights on.....there were 45 people there!" SURPRISE! shocked (I teased him later and said, "Were they holding their noses?") "G" was great at "recovering" and said....."Sorry I guess the dog snuck in here" (he didn't even have one at the time!)

Posts 161 - 170 of 200