Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: A friend of mine went to the Vatican an brought back two rosaries - one for me and one for my Mom. That ...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: A friend of mine went to the Vatican an brought back two rosaries - one for me and one for my Mom. That was one of the most thoughtful things she could do for me, my friend is a Methodist.....this same friend was in Denver, Co the week Pope John Paul II was there and brought back the Sunday paper that was full of articles and photos of the Popes visit......I am truly blessed to have friends like Linda.....
--hide--
That is a great story Brenda....and so thoughtful!~

Nov 30th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Well my best friend down south had kind of Best/Worst moment. It was his birthday and his wife "D" ha...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Well my best friend down south had kind of Best/Worst moment. It was his birthday and his wife "D" had given him a dinner out. She also had given him some small gifts. So they went back home. When they got there he said...."Man honey....I am so full....I think I need to pass gas." He did and more than usual one! He said this just as she turned the lights on.....there were 45 people there!" SURPRISE! (I teased him later and said, "Were they holding their noses?") "G" was great at "recovering" and said....."Sorry I guess the dog snuck in here" (he didn't even have one at the time!)

--hide--

Ha ha ha rofl laughing
Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Well my best friend down south had kind of Best/Worst moment. It was his birthday and his wife &q...

Well my best friend down south had kind of Best/Worst moment. It was his birthday and his wife "D" had given him a dinner out. She also had given him some small gifts. So they went back home. When they got there he said...."Man honey....I am so full....I think I need to pass gas." He did and more than usual one! He said this just as she turned the lights on.....there were 45 people there!" SURPRISE! (I teased him later and said, "Were they holding their noses?") "G" was great at "recovering" and said....."Sorry I guess the dog snuck in here" (he didn't even have one at the time!)

--hide--
OMGOSH!!! shocked In this case I see/hear that "G" didn't do one of those "Silent But Deadly" deals that "DAWGS" are know for. wink laughing laughing

Nov 30th 2012 new

Here is another one about my youngest.....only now we are fast-forwarding to him being 31.....and me just getting out of the hospital last December. It was Christmas Eve and I was just released from an 8 day stay in the hospital 4 days prior. I had had two stents and a bypass done as a result of a heart attack Dec 20th.
The boys and I were privately exchanging gifts. I didn't have the time to hunt down gifts...opting instead to give them both monetary gifts.
After Matt (the older one) had hugged thanked me and left the room....Mark came up to me with tears streaming down his face. I said, "What's wrong son?" He said "Dad I want you to have this back....what are you thinking giving us something.....when the greatest gift is still having you here with us?" I said, "Take it anyway.....cause you got me for a long time" And so the greatest gifts exchanged that night was love between my sons and I. Mark and I hugged a long time.

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Here is another one about my youngest.....only now we are fast-forwarding to him being 31.....and...

Here is another one about my youngest.....only now we are fast-forwarding to him being 31.....and me just getting out of the hospital last December. It was Christmas Eve and I was just released from an 8 day stay in the hospital 4 days prior. I had had two stents and a bypass done as a result of a heart attack Dec 20th.
The boys and I were privately exchanging gifts. I didn't have the time to hunt down gifts...opting instead to give them both monetary gifts.
After Matt (the older one) had hugged thanked me and left the room....Mark came up to me with tears streaming down his face. I said, "What's wrong son?" He said "Dad I want you to have this back....what are you thinking giving us something.....when the greatest gift is still having you here with us?" I said, "Take it anyway.....cause you got me for a long time" And so the greatest gifts exchanged that night was love between my sons and I. Mark and I hugged a long time.

--hide--

I agree.
The best things in life don't come from a store.

My grandma never had much money to buy gifts, yet she had a way of making each of us feel like we were her most special grandchild. She'd often go around her little apt. and wrap things she thought would have meaning. I loved to sew and she'd give me a few yards of fabric from her stash. I thought that was the best because I would spend a lot of time planning and dreaming about what I could make with that material!

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: I agree. The best things in life don't come from a store.My grandma never...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

I agree.
The best things in life don't come from a store.

My grandma never had much money to buy gifts, yet she had a way of making each of us feel like we were her most special grandchild. She'd often go around her little apt. and wrap things she thought would have meaning. I loved to sew and she'd give me a few yards of fabric from her stash. I thought that was the best because I would spend a lot of time planning and dreaming about what I could make with that material!

--hide--
awww....how sweet!

Nov 30th 2012 new

One Christmas when I was younger, we were told not to expect any presents that year. A few days before Christmas day, the doorbell rang and I answered it. Santa handed me an envelope to give to my mom and then he left. My mom was shocked to see that he had given her $100. It was enough to buy a full Christmas dinner and all of us a gift. For the five oldest of us, that meant a new pair of Levi cords! I still remember the picture of all our butts, showing off that signature tag!

We never did find out who Santa was.

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: One Christmas when I was younger, we were told not to expect any presents that year. A few days b...

One Christmas when I was younger, we were told not to expect any presents that year. A few days before Christmas day, the doorbell rang and I answered it. Santa handed me an envelope to give to my mom and then he left. My mom was shocked to see that he had given her $100. It was enough to buy a full Christmas dinner and all of us a gift. For the five oldest of us, that meant a new pair of Levi cords! I still remember the picture of all our butts, showing off that signature tag!

We never did find out who Santa was.

--hide--
How nice! He must a been from the Lone Star Statelaughing Actually though....he'd have a shorter travel to that "frozen tundra" you're on!

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: awww....how sweet!

awww....how sweet!

--hide--

Jerry,
I didn't mean to overlook the gift you gave your family and friends last year. Your story was nothing short of a miracle and all of us here at CM have reaped the benefits from it. We are so grateful you are here!

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Jerry, I didn't mean to overlook the gift you gave your family and friends last y...

Jerry,
I didn't mean to overlook the gift you gave your family and friends last year. Your story was nothing short of a miracle and all of us here at CM have reaped the benefits from it. We are so grateful you are here!

--hide--
Awww.....thanks Kathy. All of you CMers are gifts.....cause friends are gifts!

Posts 171 - 180 of 200