Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: At least I donated my microwave bowl to a church garage sale....lol Along with the glass Tea pic...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

At least I donated my microwave bowl to a church garage sale....lol Along with the glass Tea picture that I could have made three gallons of tea in...... Yep same gift giver.....
--hide--
Brenda, I had someone give me a years' supply of cranberry juice. All I could think of was Christmas Vacation: "It's the gift that keeps on giving Clarke!"

Nov 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Brenda, I had someone give me a years' supply of cranberry juice. All I could think of was Christmas Vacati...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Brenda, I had someone give me a years' supply of cranberry juice. All I could think of was Christmas Vacation: "It's the gift that keeps on giving Clarke!"

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing I have always been one of those who puts lots of thoughts into gift giving....I decided St louis guy just doesn't like shopping. I got everything from blankets to microwave bowls to lottery tickets...I learned it was best to just not tell others what I received when it came to presents because my friends would have been all over me to end things a long time ago....My son actually told me once he had no idea why I enjoyed my dates so much....
Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: Yes, my mother gave me the doll to make me feel better. But I was five, and Santa gave me a pair...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

Yes, my mother gave me the doll to make me feel better. But I was five, and Santa gave me a pair of huge underwear! That was not on my wish list.

--hide--

Angela, this sounds like heinous childhood trauma! crazy

My ex-spouse bought me a vacuum cleaner one year. grinch

The best presents are the ones my kids bring home from school - styrofoam snowmen, snowflake cut-outs, a peanut Baby Jesus in a popcicle stick manger, etc. heart

Nov 28th 2012 new

This could qualify as both...Last year my daughter gave me a book that she made. The first half was a scrap book of a poem she had written called "Through the Eyes of a Growing Child." It was beautiful and I, of course, cried. The second half is a scrapbook with fashion advice for me because apparently I was always asking and she doesn't have the "time to answer" because she has to showcase her "own natural beauty too you know." It was hysterical and included some of the following gems:

"The weekends are made to dress cooler or dress in scrubs (sweats). I suggest one day you choose clothes that make you feel good and one day just scrub it. Never scrub it two days in a row."

"Do not wear boots with dress pants unless they have a heel on them! You would think that with all my constant nagging you would know this! It just looks stupid."

"If you want to try the hippy look, wear some sandals with a long skirt and a looser shirt. Down play the accessories, but things that look natural will look best. It really isn't as bad as it sounds."

"If you do wear baggy pants, wear a more fitting shirt and a jacket with it. I know that you don't really wear the hippy look, so don't try to pull it off."

"I suggest getting some jeans that don't bag at your butt. When they are baggy, it makes you look either a)cheap, b)fat, or c)gangster-like. It's just not a good look for anyone, even you."

"I would invest in some more sweatpants and yoga pants for the weekends or when you are on the elliptical. It doesn't work that well if you run in jeans which I have seen you do."

Needless to say, I am still laughing, but am dressed a whole lot better!

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Brenda, I had someone give me a years' supply of cranberry juice. All I could think of was Ch...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

--hide--
Jerry, maybe the guy thought you had a "Kidney" problem that needed to be addressed. wink laughing laughing

Bet you kept a "steady stream" of juice "flowing" for the whole year. eyepopping embarassed laughing

Nov 28th 2012 new

The best Christmas gift I received was a telescope from my parents via Santa Claus. The worst would be the apple my parents via Santa Claus left in my stocking every year. It had a bad texture and bland taste. I'd eat it, but out of a sense of obligation.

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Jerry, maybe the guy thought you had a "Kidney" problem that needed to be addressed.
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Jerry, maybe the guy thought you had a "Kidney" problem that needed to be addressed.

Bet you kept a "steady stream" of juice "flowing" for the whole year.

--hide--
Talk about "Parting the Red Sea"laughing shhh

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: This could qualify as both...Last year my daughter gave me a book that she made. The first half w...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

This could qualify as both...Last year my daughter gave me a book that she made. The first half was a scrap book of a poem she had written called "Through the Eyes of a Growing Child." It was beautiful and I, of course, cried. The second half is a scrapbook with fashion advice for me because apparently I was always asking and she doesn't have the "time to answer" because she has to showcase her "own natural beauty too you know." It was hysterical and included some of the following gems:

"The weekends are made to dress cooler or dress in scrubs (sweats). I suggest one day you choose clothes that make you feel good and one day just scrub it. Never scrub it two days in a row."

"Do not wear boots with dress pants unless they have a heel on them! You would think that with all my constant nagging you would know this! It just looks stupid."

"If you want to try the hippy look, wear some sandals with a long skirt and a looser shirt. Down play the accessories, but things that look natural will look best. It really isn't as bad as it sounds."

"If you do wear baggy pants, wear a more fitting shirt and a jacket with it. I know that you don't really wear the hippy look, so don't try to pull it off."

"I suggest getting some jeans that don't bag at your butt. When they are baggy, it makes you look either a)cheap, b)fat, or c)gangster-like. It's just not a good look for anyone, even you."

"I would invest in some more sweatpants and yoga pants for the weekends or when you are on the elliptical. It doesn't work that well if you run in jeans which I have seen you do."

Needless to say, I am still laughing, but am dressed a whole lot better!

--hide--
Oh....Kathy! laughing

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Angela, this sounds like heinous childhood trauma! My ex-spouse bought me a v...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

Angela, this sounds like heinous childhood trauma!

My ex-spouse bought me a vacuum cleaner one year.

The best presents are the ones my kids bring home from school - styrofoam snowmen, snowflake cut-outs, a peanut Baby Jesus in a popcicle stick manger, etc.

--hide--
OMG! Alice!! lol! A peanut Baby Jesus?biggrin eyepopping

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: The best Christmas gift I received was a telescope from my parents via Santa Claus. The worst would...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

The best Christmas gift I received was a telescope from my parents via Santa Claus. The worst would be the apple my parents via Santa Claus left in my stocking every year. It had a bad texture and bland taste. I'd eat it, but out of a sense of obligation.

--hide--
Hey Dan, couldn't you see the bland "apple" was in your stocking with that new telescope you got?? wink laughing laughing

Posts 21 - 30 of 200