Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

11/28/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: OMG! Alice!! lol! A peanut Baby Jesus?
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

OMG! Alice!! lol! A peanut Baby Jesus?

--hide--
Jerry, I wonder if it was "crucnchy" or "creamy"?? scratchchin laughing laughing

11/28/2012 new

One year my mother-in-law gave me a little wooden horse....with a blanket of felt thrown over the mid-section. On the felt was inscribed: "If you always treat your wife as a thoroughbred....she won't become an old nag"pinata shocked hyper

11/28/2012 new

The first gift my youngest son ever gave me from money he earned was a hand held electric can opener.. I still use it.. I think he was about 17 and he's 25 now.

11/29/2012 new

The first Christmas my husband I shared, I had my "last gift" from him to open---He handed me a small "lingerie" box with a smile, and I thought "Oooh-la-la"! heartbeat Battling eyelashes When I opened the box, I know my face must have fallen, for inside were two beautiful, matching Tea Towels, with blue and purple flowers... boggled surprised weeping THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU GET YOUR NEWLYWED WIFE, GUYS!!

I thanked him sweetly and gave him a quick kiss, and put the box back down under the tree, reaching for HIS "special last gift" through tears...trying to hide my disappointment. Meanwhile, he pulled one of the tea towels out of the box and told me to "dry my eyes"...

As he brushed the towel across my cheek, I felt something cold and rough--yep, you guessed it--diamond and amythyst earrings that had been fastened into the center of two of the flower's centers. Awwwe...Still one of my most treasured gifts.(and I still have the towels, too!) knight-errant heartbeat hug

11/29/2012 new
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: The first Christmas my husband I shared, I had my "last gift" from him to open---He handed me a sma...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

The first Christmas my husband I shared, I had my "last gift" from him to open---He handed me a small "lingerie" box with a smile, and I thought "Oooh-la-la"! When I opened the box, I know my face must have fallen, for inside were two beautiful, matching Tea Towels, with blue and purple flowers... THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU GET YOUR NEWLYWED WIFE, GUYS!!

I thanked him sweetly and gave him a quick kiss, and put the box back down under the tree, reaching for HIS "special last gift" through tears...trying to hide my disappointment. Meanwhile, he pulled one of the tea towels out of the box and told me to "dry my eyes"...

As he brushed the towel across my cheek, I felt something cold and rough--yep, you guessed it--diamond and amythyst earrings that had been fastened into the center of two of the flower's centers. Awwwe...Still one of my most treasured gifts.(and I still have the towels, too!)

--hide--

One of the best gifts I ever received was from a dear friend named Beverly, it was also my last from her. In Dec 2009 I was about to travel to St Louis when Bev called wanting to arrange our Christmas get together. Since I was leaving the day after she called we arranged to meet for lunch when I returned. I received word she had passed away while in St Louis....that was the year we had an early ice storm, and the night I arrived in St Louis while driving on a six lane highway our car did three one-eighties in the middle of the road without crashing into anything ( my guardian angel works overtime). When it was time to go back to Oklahoma Sunday night I knew that I would have problems driving as the roads would be icy. A call came over the loud speaker asking for seven volunteers to give up their seats. This was one time I really wanted to, the vouchers would have been a huge blessing to me. But I knew I owed it to Bev to attend her service the next morning so I kept quiet. About that time I received an alert my flight was canceled due to weather. And due to the power outage in Oklahoma Bev's service was postponed. When I got there Bev's daughter found me, asked me if I was her Moms Brenda she had heard so much about over the years....well yes that would be me. She had her husband go out to the car and bring in the last gift from my dear friend....Andrew was so impatient by Christmas that he made me open that gift before opening his own that year. It was a pair of house-shoes with an Angel on them, the words on the house shoes said 'you have angels in heaven watching over you'.

I had actually already purchased her gift before learning she passed away - it was a candle holder with an angel on it (same shade of blue that my house shoe angel was). Before I had opened the gift I had invited Teresa to lunch that week before Christmas. I explained that the gift I offered her was one I had originally selected for Bev and that when I was praying my rosary that week I really felt called to offer her this gift....Teresa and I talked, cried, laughed and shared memories that day.

After I opened my gift I called Teresa and told her what Bev's final gift to me was....the best gifts are those given with love from the heart. It doesn't have to be something expensive or shiny to be given with love......
11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Ummm actually this is the same guy who sent the Dear Brenda email Easter morning on his way to T...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Ummm actually this is the same guy who sent the Dear Brenda email Easter morning on his way to Thailand. He came back engaged to another woman....lol All I can say in my defense is last year I was still in shock from losing my son & I really wasn't questioning why he couldn't purchase a decent present. lol
--hide--

run from him screaming. cut all ties. he is not a good prospect.

$3 present?

on again, off again?

proposing to thai bargirls?

86 him!

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: The first Christmas my husband I shared, I had my "last gift" from him to open---He h...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

The first Christmas my husband I shared, I had my "last gift" from him to open---He handed me a small "lingerie" box with a smile, and I thought "Oooh-la-la"! When I opened the box, I know my face must have fallen, for inside were two beautiful, matching Tea Towels, with blue and purple flowers... THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU GET YOUR NEWLYWED WIFE, GUYS!!

As he brushed the towel across my cheek, I felt something cold and rough--yep, you guessed it--diamond and amythyst earrings that had been fastened into the center of two of the flower's centers. Awwwe...Still one of my most treasured gifts.(and I still have the towels, too!)

--hide--
Great story Bev!

11/29/2012 new

Don't know if this would qualify as "BEST" but it would qualify for "most expensive" One Christmas I gave my wife a new car. Since we went on many trips with the boys to the coast....it was a station wagon!(cause she wasn't too keen on vans)

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: The worst gift I ever got for Christmas was at a gift exchange at a business association Christm...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

The worst gift I ever got for Christmas was at a gift exchange at a business association Christmas party when I was a child. My mother got a little doll when she drew her number, and my father got a winner's ribbon in his gift. I was given the last gift under the tree by the Santa in attendance. I was so excited, because to me, the gifts my parents got were so cool, so I ripped off the wrapping paper of my box and opened it and started to cry. Not kidding, I was so upset that I was in tears. My mother could not stop laughing however. Here I was, a five year old, and my gift was a pair of adult grandma white cotton bloomers underwear (the kind that go to the knees) in a very, very large size, several sizes plus. I had no use for these things that were so big I could fit in one leg. Why couldn't I get a doll or a ribbon?

--hide--

You should have kept them in your cedar chest. In a few years they won't look so bad any more! wink

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: You should have kept them in your cedar chest. In a few years they won't look so...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

You should have kept them in your cedar chest. In a few years they won't look so bad any more!

--hide--
Come on David.....surely you've thought of "Best/Worst" gifts?

Posts 31 - 40 of 200