Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Come on David.....surely you've thought of "Best/Worst" gifts?
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Come on David.....surely you've thought of "Best/Worst" gifts?

--hide--

Nope. I exert all my effort trying to avoid the thought of the matronly undergarments of some of the determined old maids in here. embarassed embarassed

Of course, Angela's reaction clearly indicates that she'll never be in that awful category herself. heart

Nov 29th 2012 new

Hmmm...

Best gift: still the Cabbage Patch that Santa left on our door step hours after we had finished open gifts when I was 6. biggrin

Worst gift: a girl at my office gave me a bottle of this lotion...horrid smell! Still shudder thinking about that!

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: Hmmm...Best gift: still the Cabbage Patch that Santa left on our door step hours after ...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

Hmmm...

Best gift: still the Cabbage Patch that Santa left on our door step hours after we had finished open gifts when I was 6.

Worst gift: a girl at my office gave me a bottle of this lotion...horrid smell! Still shudder thinking about that!

--hide--
Thanks Melanie. That lotion reminds me of a cologne I received at the office one time. It was from an older lady...who gave me

"English Leather" yuk!

Nov 29th 2012 new

Okay, I'll fess up on one of the worst gifts I ever gave........

It was for my older brother's 50th birthday, and it was a gag gift. He loved all the crap that wasn't good for you, but it was stuff that his wife wouldn't let him eat. So on his 50th birthday I made up a gift basket which consisted of cans of Potted Meat, Vienna Sausages, Pork Rinds, Moon Pies, Slim Jim's, Pickled Pigs Feet, and anything else that I could think of that was gross and fattening.

He loved, (she didn't) and a couple of weeks later he had a heart attack. OOPS!!!! eyepopping

Not to worry, he's fine. laughing

Nov 29th 2012 new

laughing laughing laughing laughing

I can't wait to hear Texas Leon cowboy and Sir Ray's gift exchanges . I am sure they are good ones wink

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: I can't wait to hear Texas Leon and Sir Ray's gift exchanges . I am sure they are...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

I can't wait to hear Texas Leon and Sir Ray's gift exchanges . I am sure they are good ones

--hide--
I bet Texas Leon gives BIG ole hugs, and Sir Ray gives out Mule Muffins. wink laughing laughing

Nov 29th 2012 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: run from him screaming. cut all ties. he is not a good prospect. $3 ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

run from him screaming. cut all ties. he is not a good prospect.

$3 present?

on again, off again?

proposing to thai bargirls?

86 him!

--hide--

For the record I have not talked to St Louis guy in quite awhile now, when I did it was to thank him for the kindness I was shown after my son passed away. I found out after his return from Thailand he had planned on breaking up with me, but then my son passed away quite unexpectedly so he chose to be there as a support to me. And he did that quite well....he gave me a gift far more priceless than I could ever purchase from a store. And from what I understand when he visited with my parish Priest this time last year he was seeking advice on how to let me know....somehow I doubt my Priest advised the Easter morning break up email but God knows best and looking back I knew before the email we were not meant to be......and yes I prefer to focus on the good in people, after all aren't we all called to strive to see Christ face in others????
Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Guys/Gals Since the gift-giving season is upon us.....I thought this would be a fun topic. Tell u...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Guys/Gals Since the gift-giving season is upon us.....I thought this would be a fun topic. Tell us....some of the BEST/WORST gifts you've given/received.
These can be monetary, material, non-material, silly, funny etc.
So....I'll start the "presenting" here:
When we were young...my little sister was about 5 and decided she wanted to give us something. So...what did I find under the tree for me....big brother?
She had wrapped a used comb (hers no-less) in WRAPPING PAPER and scotch taped it with my name engraved in "magic marker"!
I acted like it was the BEST gift I ever received but opted to keep it squired away in my bathroom drawer!!

Okay.....yall go now....since I've "combed" through my memories........

--hide--
A family "tradition" I still miss: My brother found a really ugly lamp about two feet tall of a seated cat. He went to thrift stores until he found an equally hideous lampshade, and at the next Christmas family gathering it became someone's gift. That person added something tacky, or repainted it and gave it to someone else. It passed between siblings for about five Christmases. It was last given to me with glowing red lights for eyes, and it still lurks somewhere in my garage. I really should resurrect that tradition!

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: A family "tradition" I still miss: My brother found a really ugly lamp about two feet t...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

A family "tradition" I still miss: My brother found a really ugly lamp about two feet tall of a seated cat. He went to thrift stores until he found an equally hideous lampshade, and at the next Christmas family gathering it became someone's gift. That person added something tacky, or repainted it and gave it to someone else. It passed between siblings for about five Christmases. It was last given to me with glowing red lights for eyes, and it still lurks somewhere in my garage. I really should resurrect that tradition!

--hide--
Peter, this is hystercial. I think you should defintely ressurcet this tradition. laughing laughing

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: This could qualify as both...Last year my daughter gave me a book that she made. The first half w...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

This could qualify as both...Last year my daughter gave me a book that she made. The first half was a scrap book of a poem she had written called "Through the Eyes of a Growing Child." It was beautiful and I, of course, cried. The second half is a scrapbook with fashion advice for me because apparently I was always asking and she doesn't have the "time to answer" because she has to showcase her "own natural beauty too you know." It was hysterical and included some of the following gems:

"The weekends are made to dress cooler or dress in scrubs (sweats). I suggest one day you choose clothes that make you feel good and one day just scrub it. Never scrub it two days in a row."

"Do not wear boots with dress pants unless they have a heel on them! You would think that with all my constant nagging you would know this! It just looks stupid."

"If you want to try the hippy look, wear some sandals with a long skirt and a looser shirt. Down play the accessories, but things that look natural will look best. It really isn't as bad as it sounds."

"If you do wear baggy pants, wear a more fitting shirt and a jacket with it. I know that you don't really wear the hippy look, so don't try to pull it off."

"I suggest getting some jeans that don't bag at your butt. When they are baggy, it makes you look either a)cheap, b)fat, or c)gangster-like. It's just not a good look for anyone, even you."

"I would invest in some more sweatpants and yoga pants for the weekends or when you are on the elliptical. It doesn't work that well if you run in jeans which I have seen you do."

Needless to say, I am still laughing, but am dressed a whole lot better!

--hide--
Kathy, that is so funny. I love it when kids give fashion tips. I have a sister that has changed my style since I came to TN
and am really happy she became my personal shopper although I was with her and paid!

Posts 41 - 50 of 200