Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Women's language

Nov 29th 2012 new
I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I have also asked if she wanted to chat on the phone and she said that she rarely picks up the phone but prefers to text and gave me her number anyway. Taking it as a hint that she was not interested (true or not) I decided to not bother her any more. We became FB friends and continued to keep in touch on there. Recently, she went back to school for her nurse practitioner degree so I have been making and sending her snacks and foods (she gave me her apartment address). Last night she decided to cancel her FB (I guess it's too distractive for her) and sent me an email giving her phone number. What does this mean? Should I call her now or wait? How soon?

Disclaimer: If you're not going to be helpful and kind, please refrain from answering this post. I'd prefer to hear from my genuine CM friends regarding this topic :)
Nov 29th 2012 new

Hi Khoa! I'm one of those people who rarely picks up the phone and prefers to text, so I wouldn't say that her statement about that necessarily means she is not interested. However, if you stayed in touch for so long without meeting and going to the next step, she may have assumed you just want to be friends (I would). Either way, since she e-mailed you now with her phone number, I'd say text her. Tell her thanks for giving you her phone number and that you are glad you can continue to stay in touch outside of FB, and whatever else you want to say. Then, if she responds and you guys live close by, how about asking her if she wants to meet? You never know, she might be waiting for you to take that next step.

Nov 29th 2012 new

A lot of people take a hiatus from FB from time to time, especially when things like work or school become excessively busy. Some will simply stay off the site while others deactivate their account for a while so as not to become overly tempted to visit the site. It can be a major distraction.

Now, as for her sending you her number, she obviously sent it to you with the expectation that you will use it. For the time being, contact her with the same frequency that you were keeping in touch online and see where it goes from there. Just don't be too disappointed right away if her work and schooling leaves her less available to communicate than she had been. She probably gave up Facebook for the same reason.

theheart

Nov 29th 2012 new

I would say she was giving you a way to get hold of her, since she closed her FB and that was how you communicated. I think that she wants to stay in touch and that is how she has to do that now. my 2 cents.

Nov 29th 2012 new

Khoa - Maybe it means she's tired of waiting for you to make a move. Call her up and tell her you're interested and that you'd waited too long but now you're certain you like her and want to get to kno wher better.

She'll either break all ties with you or melt into a happy puddle of love.

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I would say she was giving you a way to get hold of her, since she closed her FB and that was how you...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I would say she was giving you a way to get hold of her, since she closed her FB and that was how you communicated. I think that she wants to stay in touch and that is how she has to do that now. my 2 cents.

--hide--
I agree

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I ha...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I have also asked if she wanted to chat on the phone and she said that she rarely picks up the phone but prefers to text and gave me her number anyway. Taking it as a hint that she was not interested (true or not) I decided to not bother her any more. We became FB friends and continued to keep in touch on there. Recently, she went back to school for her nurse practitioner degree so I have been making and sending her snacks and foods (she gave me her apartment address). Last night she decided to cancel her FB (I guess it's too distractive for her) and sent me an email giving her phone number. What does this mean? Should I call her now or wait? How soon?

Disclaimer: If you're not going to be helpful and kind, please refrain from answering this post. I'd prefer to hear from my genuine CM friends regarding this topic :)
--hide--
Her message is simple; she's saying, "CALL ME!!!!"

So call her already, will ya? That's the only way you'll find out.

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Khoa - Maybe it means she's tired of waiting for you to make a move. Call her up and tell her...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Khoa - Maybe it means she's tired of waiting for you to make a move. Call her up and tell her you're interested and that you'd waited too long but now you're certain you like her and want to get to kno wher better.

She'll either break all ties with you or melt into a happy puddle of love.

--hide--
Or she wants to place snack orders personally....

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Or she wants to place snack orders personally....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Or she wants to place snack orders personally....

--hide--

snack orders or smack orders? wink

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Her message is simple; she's saying, "CALL ME!!!!" So call her already, will y...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Her message is simple; she's saying, "CALL ME!!!!"

So call her already, will ya? That's the only way you'll find out.

--hide--

That's right! Why waste time Khoa?? Ride straight at your fences. Hang up the line and put out the wash. Be direct. Fortune (and women) favors the bold.

Posts 1 - 10 of 55