Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while.
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while.
--hide--

3 YEARS AGO??????

Do you want to wither on the vine?

ENOUGH DITHERING!!

Call her. Meet her. Kiss her! Right now!

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I ha...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I have also asked if she wanted to chat on the phone and she said that she rarely picks up the phone but prefers to text and gave me her number anyway. Taking it as a hint that she was not interested (true or not) I decided to not bother her any more. We became FB friends and continued to keep in touch on there. Recently, she went back to school for her nurse practitioner degree so I have been making and sending her snacks and foods (she gave me her apartment address). Last night she decided to cancel her FB (I guess it's too distractive for her) and sent me an email giving her phone number. What does this mean? Should I call her now or wait? How soon?

Disclaimer: If you're not going to be helpful and kind, please refrain from answering this post. I'd prefer to hear from my genuine CM friends regarding this topic :)
--hide--
Khoa, A suggestion: Find a show, movie, craft fair, wine festival, some kind of activity and say to her you were thinking of going, and would she like to join you? Just don't hesitate if you like her. I had a recent phone conversation with a lady I dated twenty years ago. I really liked her then, but was afraid to move the relationship forward for fear of rejection. She told me if I had asked her then to marry her she would have said yes. In fact she was so exasperated with my hesitance that she wanted to ask me. When she told me this, I almost wanted to go out and shoot myself. Don't be another me!

Nov 29th 2012 new

yea, i think it is time to call and meet with her. don't forget the snacks! lol

Nov 29th 2012 new

Now, I'm no rocket scientist, but it sounds like she wants to maintain communications.

Women are silly...sometimes they say what they mean.

Take things at face value until you have a reason to do otherwise.

If you read too much into the things people say or do, you'll end up frustrating her. It's very hard to communicate what you're trying to say when the listener thinks everything means something different.

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I ha...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I have also asked if she wanted to chat on the phone and she said that she rarely picks up the phone but prefers to text and gave me her number anyway. Taking it as a hint that she was not interested (true or not) I decided to not bother her any more. We became FB friends and continued to keep in touch on there. Recently, she went back to school for her nurse practitioner degree so I have been making and sending her snacks and foods (she gave me her apartment address). Last night she decided to cancel her FB (I guess it's too distractive for her) and sent me an email giving her phone number. What does this mean? Should I call her now or wait? How soon?

Disclaimer: If you're not going to be helpful and kind, please refrain from answering this post. I'd prefer to hear from my genuine CM friends regarding this topic :)
--hide--

Just in the most basic terms it means she wants to get off of FB and wants to stay in contact. It may or may not mean she wants a deeper friendship. Don't assume too much yet. When you finally talk on the phone you caneventually or right up front, ask her why she left FB and why she is willing to talk on the phone. You can say "What has changed?" If she says "I want to stay in touch" that is good but not enough to conclude more, If she says "I want to get to know you better" That is more positive. Good Luck.

Note that if she seems to single you out, the language is more about interest in you. If she keeps the language general, then it is remaining more general. (Keep your analysis very simple on those terms..and it should help.)

Nov 29th 2012 new

--hide--

Dude! What are you waiting for! She emailed with her phone number AFTER canceling her FB. She thought enough of you to reach out. Pick up the phone, call, call, call!

Nov 29th 2012 new

--hide--
wave Bro: Keep in touch via e-mail & phone (number) too; ask her when is a good time to call her? Is she says such a such a time; then (try) calling her at that time; if shes not there leave a voice mail; and see what happens; But i won't call her until she responds to you bro; good luck keep us posted! Mike "peace"!!

Nov 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I have also as...

--hide--

I recommend you suggest skyping to her. It is free and you can see the person and at least and verify if she looks like she does in her pics. Either one of you can purchase a cheap external webcam if your computer doesn't have one built in. They cost about $40 bucks. When you register with skype, you can adjust your settings so you can change your real name to a nick name or something other (mine is jo with my birthdate), and you can hide any other identifying information. Do not add people through FB either. Learn more by googling how to make skype anonymous.

Free video chatting and no identifying information. Its a no brainer. There is no excuse not to skype. Suggest it to her, and then you will then see what she is made of.
Nov 29th 2012 new

Khoa, women don't freely give their phone numbers to men unless they expect them to be called. I would consider it a positive sign that she would like to stay in touch with you.

Cat

Nov 29th 2012 new

Khoa, sounds like your friends are all suggesting just about the same advice, albeit to different degrees! tongue , so let us know how it goes when you get off your hesitant butt and call her, curious friends all want to know wink

By the way, making and sending treats for her doesn't sound hesitant to me but if you don't mean to be telling her you really like her with those favors then you had better tell her so, just saying that you could be misunderstood too, she's probably thinking you really like her heartbeat

Posts 11 - 20 of 55