Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

11/30/2012 new
I emailed Michelle and she is very happy that I plan to call her this Sunday! :)

Also...Through the power of prayer, today there is a glimmer of hope. We had another meeting an hour ago and the Director of the Medical Center wants to keep us working at the VA. They will work around the clock to get the program running again in January. So for now onward we go. Thanks so much for your prayers!
11/30/2012 new

Khoa, call her. Us woman are traditionalists wink Ask her out on a date and when she accepts, bring her flower 's wave Good luck!

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Khoa, one of the more difficult things I find in this male/female dating world is...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Khoa, one of the more difficult things I find in this male/female dating world is the fear of rejection. I think this fear keeps people from acting on their desire to contact a member of the opposite sex and ultimately that fear and failure to make the first move assure them they will not succeed at finding a mate. On these forums, we read over and over "no one is contacting me."

In my generation and the Southern culture I was raised in, men were the ones who were supposed to make the first move. Good woman never made the first move. Please note that I am referring to the age and culture I was raised in and that I am not making any moral judgments.

So for me, the social mores I was raised under have limited me to waiting to react. This second time around at dating, I have become more aware that men actually have the same fear of being rejected before and after they make the first move that women do. This has been very surprising to me. I guess it is because I grew up thinking all boys and men had the" macho/no fear factor" and just didn't care one way or the other. I took this to be the "man up" factor. Now I am thinking all boys and men have the "look like" they have the macho/no fear factor when actually all along boys and men have been very sensitive to rejection...just like women.

All that being said, I suggest you make the call. You have everything to gain and really nothing to loose except the possibility of rejection, which really is just a chance to move on toward the woman God has in mind for you.

Just my thoughts,

Elizabeth

--hide--

I love this post Elizabeth! It pretty much says it all about what both sexes struggle with. NO ONE likes to be rejected! But unfortunately it's a part n parcel of the whole courship process... neccesary in discerning who we will ultimately spend the rest of our days with. Dating is not for the faint of heart...that's for sure. But the more we take those risks & even make those heart wrenching mistakes, the more we learn & are prepared for when our beloved finally shows...

I've found some of the same things on this second time around dating venture. As a woman it's very frustrating at times to wait to be contacted, but making the first move, aside from simple emotes feels funny & just doesn't work.... *sigh*

To reply to this thread... I'm with the rest of the folks on here Khoa. If she gave you her number she WANTS you to call her. If it doesn't work out, at least you will know it's time to move on... rose rose rose

12/01/2012 new

Oh.... I also meant to say that it may help if we, as women, try to make it easier for the guy when he is courageous enough to contact us and show him appreciation for the strength needed in making that crucial first move. Even if they may be someone we do not have a connection with, it's a gift & an honor to be noticed & should be acknowledged as such.... IMHO rose rose rose

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Laura, I want to meet too but she is now studying to be a nurse practitioner in TN and I'm in...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said:

Laura, I want to meet too but she is now studying to be a nurse practitioner in TN and I'm in WV. I want her to focus first on her studies plus we're 7 hours from each other. I'll see her some day, I hope! :)
--hide--

That is really nice of you to see she needs to stay focused on studies...but 7 hours isn't too bad! I suggest you make the 14 hour drive investment and see if there is any chemestry....better to do that than wasting 14 hours on text messages and e-mails...only to find out there was never really a match there. Anyway that is my 2 cents...we californians don't bat an eye at driving 7 hours...good or bad thing I guess...that's practically some peoples daily cummute!
Good luck to you and keep us updated!!!!

12/02/2012 new

Khoa, I think that you have her telephone number is a green light. I suggest that you phone her with the intention of inviting her out for an event circa two weeks in the future. That would give her opportunity to think about it, if necessary, and to reduce the risk that she would already have made conflicting plans or appointments. If, when you phone her, you do get her voice mail, do leave a message and invite her to call you back "when the spirit moves her and she has time" and leave your number. And make sure that you have a smile in your voice. ((I myself do not care for FaceBook, by the way. There is nothing on earth like a conversation, and you can quote me on that.))

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I ha...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I have also asked if she wanted to chat on the phone and she said that she rarely picks up the phone but prefers to text and gave me her number anyway. Taking it as a hint that she was not interested (true or not) I decided to not bother her any more. We became FB friends and continued to keep in touch on there. Recently, she went back to school for her nurse practitioner degree so I have been making and sending her snacks and foods (she gave me her apartment address). Last night she decided to cancel her FB (I guess it's too distractive for her) and sent me an email giving her phone number. What does this mean? Should I call her now or wait? How soon?

Disclaimer: If you're not going to be helpful and kind, please refrain from answering this post. I'd prefer to hear from my genuine CM friends regarding this topic :)
--hide--
i wholeheartedly agree with what David, Ray and Peter said. JUST DO IT! I wouldn't be able to stand the ongoing wondering... rip the bandaid off and find out! Be confident!

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Billy-921760 said: Khoa.If you don't hurry up and call her, I WILL.
(Quote) Billy-921760 said:

Khoa.
If you don't hurry up and call her, I WILL.

--hide--
woo hoo!!! Look at Billy Go!!!!

12/02/2012 new
Way to go, Khoa!

Good luck. I hope the work situation works out for you.
12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I ha...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I have also asked if she wanted to chat on the phone and she said that she rarely picks up the phone but prefers to text and gave me her number anyway. Taking it as a hint that she was not interested (true or not) I decided to not bother her any more. We became FB friends and continued to keep in touch on there. Recently, she went back to school for her nurse practitioner degree so I have been making and sending her snacks and foods (she gave me her apartment address). Last night she decided to cancel her FB (I guess it's too distractive for her) and sent me an email giving her phone number. What does this mean? Should I call her now or wait? How soon?

Disclaimer: If you're not going to be helpful and kind, please refrain from answering this post. I'd prefer to hear from my genuine CM friends regarding this topic :)
--hide--

I would say she is still definfitely interested! She is busy and has her best methods of communication that work with her schedule. FB can be a lot of work and some don't like to use phone. I say hang in there and continue to gently take the lead! God bless you!!

Posts 41 - 50 of 55