Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Live my life the way it is NOW and not dwell on how I wish it would be..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Live my life the way it is NOW and not dwell on how I wish it would be..

--hide--
clap clap clap clap clap

Dec 1st 2012 new

I enjoy whatever situation I am in, maximizing the advantages of the moment. One significant advantage of being single during the holidays is that you can spend all your time with your own family and friends and don't have to worry about splitting you time between your family and your spouses' family. There is less shopping and wrapping to be done with only one side of the family to shop for. You can choose what holiday events you want to attend or not, without trade-offs and compromises. Enjoy the pleasures of being single while you are single!

Dec 1st 2012 new

If you are lonely, why not just invite a few friends over. Do something charitable for others less fortunate it will make you feel good about yourself.

The church I go to is so big there really is not a lot of involvement among the members unless you have kids in school there so that is not always an option, but maybe your church if more friendly, and you could have some involvement there.

I think that for a lot of us who have lost our mates the holidays are hard, but some of us have children and grandchildren to consider so we put on a our happy face and do the best we can life it what we make it.

I think (I could be wrong) we have to be happy with ourselves before we can be happy with someone else.

Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: Devoted but dateless what is everyone planning to do keep there mind off having a signifi...
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

Devoted but dateless what is everyone planning to do keep there mind off having a significant other this Christmas Season ?

--hide--
It's a good season to mingle and hopefully meet my significant other. Santa, that's all I want for Christmas... Oh oh, I've also been a good boy laughing

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: Devoted but dateless what is everyone planning to do keep there mind off having a signifi...

Devoted but dateless what is everyone planning to do keep there mind off having a significant other this Christmas Season ?

--hide--

Embrace my singlehood and thrust myself into charitable acts toward the poor.

Dec 7th 2012 new

--hide--
Christmas shopping for an anonymous child on our parish's giving tree, visiting friends with unexpected gifts, going to our KofC Christmas party, checking on an elderly neighbor, babysitting the neighbors' cat, seeing my great nephews, talking on the phone to my distant grandchildren, looking forward to the beauty and solemnity of Midnight Mass. Staying busy and focusing on bringing good cheer to folks banishes loneliness.

Dec 7th 2012 new
(Quote) Michael-556947 said: Devoted but dateless what is everyone planning to do keep there mind off having a significant other th...

--hide--
Enjoying the joy of being single and not having to handle travels to my in laws( not that it is a bad thing at all) but gives me more time with my parents, my siblings and their families and even time and energy for much needed brisk walk around my parent's neighbourhood. Wanting to also reach out to those who need some cheer and company, like inviting those who cannot go home for Christmas and those who have indicated a specific need. I agree that we have the perfect significant other in God. Remember that no matter our feelings nor circumstances, this season is the celebration of the coming of the Lord, the best gift we can receive. This might be your last Christmas as a single, so maybe you should even linger under the mistletoe;)
Posts 11 - 17 of 17