Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

12/01/2012 new
Praying
12/01/2012 new

Praying rosary

12/01/2012 new

Prayers, yes...God wants so much to reveal Himself to your son. I will not only pray for him but for you for you to stay strong with a sweet love. Take good care of yourself, be good to yourself, too. Breathe deep, God's got this. Comfort yourself with the knowledge that this is his walk. Jeannie

Galatians 3:13

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) iliana-205004 said: I ask once again for prayers from this loving community for my son who is struggling with his ad...
(Quote) iliana-205004 said:

I ask once again for prayers from this loving community for my son who is struggling with his addictions. Although in rehab right now, he is having serious withdrawals and pain. Please pray for strength for him to follow through and stay in treatment. God Bless you all.

--hide--

you got em Iliana

12/01/2012 new

Be sure that you and your son are in my daily prayers. Praying

12/01/2012 new

Iliana, Yes, indeed, he is now upon my prayer list. Please tell him one-hundred times for me that the substances DO NOT LOVE HIM BACK. I do believe that reminder may be of value. Thank you ! and Regards, Joan in Houston

12/01/2012 new

Praying rosary theheart for him as he works to get back on track.

12/02/2012 new

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers. I am feeling the power of your combined prayer. I am sure he will find God and strength in his faith and return to good health in body and mind. You are such a loving community. So glad to be a part of it. :)

12/02/2012 new

Praying rosary theheart

Heavenly Father our Healer and Comforter.Hear our prayer.Amen

12/02/2012 new

Hello Iliana,
Your son is in good hands and the withdarawal pain is a good thing...he needs to remember it to help himself stay clean...without memory of the pain, it's much easier to start using again...he will need intensive counseling and your involvement in family addictions counseling is just as important so you can learn how to help him without enabling him or protecting him from the pain and other consequences due to his drug use...counselors will help him start his life over and you will need help to start your life over as well...to focus on yourself rather than make him the center of your life. This may seem strange to you but it is the opnly thing that will work for each of you...and the family counselor will help you understand it more clearly. Family members tend to make the addict the center of their lives just like the addict makes the drug use and drug behaviors the center of the addict's life...it is a paralle addiction...one to the addict and one to the drug....everytime you begin to worry and focus on him rather than on your own needs, you need to stop and tell yourself you will turn his life over to God, the God of his understanding...and that you will turn your life over to God, the God of your understanding...and let your son realize you understand he needs to develop his own support network outside of the family with the help of the counselors who are trained to work with the addiction. Your son is exactly where he needs to be and the time for healing has begun with the withdrawal and its pain memories...so he can choose another way of life with the support that can truly help and not enable his continued use. Step back in faith. Your son is in very good hands...the doctors and counselors are an extension of God's own hands.

Posts 31 - 40 of 49