Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

11/30/2012 new

Notes, which are hand written, give authenticty to your feelings. I like to boost in the name of the Lord that I dated a woman while in college. We lived about a quarter-mile apart; I began our exchange of letters, those with stamps...no email or other electronic means for our feelings - plain paper and pen if not in person. Amen.

11/30/2012 new

shhh One of my all-time favorite love notes was very large (8X11), and came through the interbranch mail delivery at work...

It was a heavy tagboard work portfolio, and I thought.."Oh, another grant request full of verbage to wade through..." When I opened it up, it was an anonymous love note from a man I'd gone out with the week before. Inside were mounted two REAL CANDY BARS!! Handwritten around the candy bars it read,

'LOOK no further, your BIG HUNK is here!" wink embarassed tongue

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: One of my all-time favorite love notes was very large (8X11), and came through the interbranch ...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

One of my all-time favorite love notes was very large (8X11), and came through the interbranch mail delivery at work...

It was a heavy tagboard work portfolio, and I thought.."Oh, another grant request full of verbage to wade through..." When I opened it up, it was an anonymous love note from a man I'd gone out with the week before. Inside were mounted two REAL CANDY BARS!! Handwritten around the candy bars it read,

'LOOK no further, your BIG HUNK is here!"

--hide--
Was it Elvis.....Beverly? You know....."I said a hunka hunka burning love".....wink

11/30/2012 new

I hope not. I inherited the love notes my grandpa wrote to my grandma during the great depression. It is heart warming to read how much he loved her.

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Was it Elvis.....Beverly? You know....."I said a hunka hunka burning love".....
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Was it Elvis.....Beverly? You know....."I said a hunka hunka burning love".....

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing cool I've heard that he's alive and well, somewhere outside of Dallas... wink

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: I've heard that he's alive and well, somewhere outside of Dallas...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

I've heard that he's alive and well, somewhere outside of Dallas...

--hide--
Well....if you're talking about the one who lives 12 miles east of downtown....he's not eating too many peanut butter and 'nanner' sandwiches these days....(too fat!) Plus he doesn't have his "boots" sideburns anymore!!laughing laughing Sorry I'm getting off course here. I used to leave little "post-it" notes all over for my wife. On the fridge, next to the coffee pot on her dresser....etc

11/30/2012 new

They would say..."love you...have a good day ? OR How about I COOK tonight and we go OUT for mexican! luv ? OR Coffee is made for ya baby! luv? Or sometimes flowers were sent with a note which read...."From your secret admirer" ? (Course the question mark gave it away!)laughing laughing wink

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: I hope not. I inherited the love notes my grandpa wrote to my grandma during the great depress...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

I hope not. I inherited the love notes my grandpa wrote to my grandma during the great depression. It is heart warming to read how much he loved her.

--hide--
Marirose, that is just so heart-warming. What a precious gift you have!

After my husband passed away, I was going through one of his old boxes of "stuff" stored in the garage, and came across a couple of diaries that his mother had written in the 1940's. One of them chronicled her courtship and marriage to Joe's father, and how hard it was to watch him set off for WWII. While he was away in the South Pacific, she delivered her first-born child (my husband!). She wrote in her diary that night about her love for her husband and newborn child, and began a Novena for her husband's safe return from war, so he could see his son. I gave the diary to Joe's brother and sister for Christmas last year...a reminder of their parents' love for one another. rose

11/30/2012 new

I am the person you see in the Hallmarks store, standings for hours. looking for just the Right card!

Nice cards have always been a favorite of mine, they can mean so much!
I love getting them too, always brings a smile to my face
Barbara

11/30/2012 new

I hope they aren't dead. I've never received one but I love writting notes and would love to receive them.

Posts 11 - 20 of 60