Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 30th 2012 new
Let the sun shine in Face it with a grin.. Smilers never lose. Frowners never win
Nov 30th 2012 new

Love notes are not dead. lovestruck! I enjoy love notes via text, via mail, via email .... cupid I especially hold dear the love notes I get from my little students because kids are so honest. Valentine's is the best! valentine

Nov 30th 2012 new
I love hand written notes, cards and letters and I tend to save them.

Although texts, e-mails chat transcriptions have mostly replaced hand written notes, I save those also, even if I have to cut and paste, copy and/or print out. Of course, there sometimes comes a time to let them go. I am still hopeful, however, that one day the cute little electronic communications I will receive from that special man will be saved permanently.
Nov 30th 2012 new

Personal love notes/letters are way more personalized and intimate....the handwriting, the actual paper, the image, etc. Think about it...how often do we save an e-mail or text (which yes have replaced these in many cases)...I still have a few notes from my younger years. Gosh, I loved getting actual letters in the mail....(I'm going to stop now cause I'm sounding old).

Nov 30th 2012 new

What do people do about Christmas Cards now?

I still send real ones in the mail with a hand written note, they just seem special!
I love looking in the mail box each day during the Christmas Season to see if I got any cards.
Then I put them in a decorated basket under the tree near the Nativity scene.

Nov 30th 2012 new
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: What do people do about Christmas Cards now? I still send real ones in the mail with a hand written n...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

What do people do about Christmas Cards now?

I still send real ones in the mail with a hand written note, they just seem special!
I love looking in the mail box each day during the Christmas Season to see if I got any cards.
Then I put them in a decorated basket under the tree near the Nativity scene.

--hide--

Thats sweet Barbara.
Nov 30th 2012 new

The relationship I last had was one of genuine old fashioned love notes ....I agree, they mean a lot. He sent me letters on a regular basis, text messages and just silly stickers and what not. They show someone takes the the time out of their day for you....it shows they care. I think especially the letters...these take thought and time. Most people don't take much time out of their day for one another. It will stay woth me forever :)

Nov 30th 2012 new

Me too !! I just picked out my Christmas cards....it's a very special evening for me when I write them out. Nice music, a glass of wine or egg nog. I love letters :) It's a thing lost for most these days.

Nov 30th 2012 new

Hey Rachel, He's right! Great post!

Jim

Nov 30th 2012 new

I still have letters I received from 20 years ago. LOL

Posts 31 - 40 of 60