Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

11/30/2012 new

when dad was in WWll, one letter was saved, or given to my mom. in his letter, he wrote to each person in his family,his mom, his dad, and his 4 brothers and 2 sisters. it was so endearing for him to put that special, personal note to each one in his family. we also have the newpaper edition of when he went missing in action for 6 weeks. he was shot down near calais,france. we loved to hear his stories of his youth.

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) John-875813 said: Personal love notes/letters are way more personalized and intimate....the handwriting, the actual ...
(Quote) John-875813 said:

Personal love notes/letters are way more personalized and intimate....the handwriting, the actual paper, the image, etc. Think about it...how often do we save an e-mail or text (which yes have replaced these in many cases)...I still have a few notes from my younger years. Gosh, I loved getting actual letters in the mail....(I'm going to stop now cause I'm sounding old).

--hide--
You are not getting old...just romantic. When I was younger, I thought only girls keep love letters from their admirers, when I got married I saw boxes of love letters my ex received from his girlfriends. When he was not around I would spend time reading them. He would blush when I teased him because some of the notes were "Return to Sender" (his letters to a gilfriend who broke up with him.) I think he still have them because he took and hid them away. I still prefer handwritten letters and cards.

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: When my older sister was in elementary school....a boy who had a crush on her sent her a note whi...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

When my older sister was in elementary school....a boy who had a crush on her sent her a note which said: "You have a beautiful smele"

--hide--

laughing Priceless!

12/01/2012 new

I wrote a lot of little poems and notes and put them in my husband's lunch box or coat pocket for him to find. Sometimes it would embarrass him cuz he'd take a little guff from the guys, but he never asked me to stop. He was romantic, but not very poetic so when he'd leave for work early, before I woke up, he'd have the sweetest note waiting for me. It would be a funny attempt at a poem.

Once we received a large crab cutout advertisement from the science museum. We would leave it in places for each other to find. It started as a joke to see where it would show up next, but for one of us traveling to find in a suitcase meant the ones at home loved and missed you. (It even went to Israel:) Our neighbor recently found our "crab" and after hearing the story decided to join in on the fun. The following morning I found it in the shower! Great fun and great memories. I had a good laugh over that one.

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: One of my all-time favorite love notes was very large (8X11), and came through the interbranch ...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

One of my all-time favorite love notes was very large (8X11), and came through the interbranch mail delivery at work...

It was a heavy tagboard work portfolio, and I thought.."Oh, another grant request full of verbage to wade through..." When I opened it up, it was an anonymous love note from a man I'd gone out with the week before. Inside were mounted two REAL CANDY BARS!! Handwritten around the candy bars it read,

'LOOK no further, your BIG HUNK is here!"

--hide--

Unbelievable, Love it! Mega bonus points for creativity! faint

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-914040 said: I was 19 when I received my first love note. Working at Al's Diner in Virginia Beach, a guy ...
(Quote) Rachel-914040 said:

I was 19 when I received my first love note. Working at Al's Diner in Virginia Beach, a guy left me a note on a napkin with the tip. It said, "you have a beautiful smile. Never lose that." I never saw him again. He never came back into the diner. But to this day, I still think of that note and smile.

Just wanted to let guys know that those notes are so appreciated!

--hide--

I believe love lotes aren't dead because I'm guilty of thinking about it at least a few times in a year. It's the best way for me to show how much I like the gal. I've written them in the past & it usually resulted to making that particular day for her extra special. The best part is when they're able to read my cursive written notes :).

12/01/2012 new

notes***I wish we can edit posts after posting it...time for me to get into the habit of using spellchecker!

12/01/2012 new
Some things are in such good taste they never go out of style!!
12/01/2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: You are not getting old...just romantic. When I was younger, I thought only girls keep love letters from t...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

You are not getting old...just romantic. When I was younger, I thought only girls keep love letters from their admirers, when I got married I saw boxes of love letters my ex received from his girlfriends. When he was not around I would spend time reading them. He would blush when I teased him because some of the notes were "Return to Sender" (his letters to a gilfriend who broke up with him.) I think he still have them because he took and hid them away. I still prefer handwritten letters and cards.

--hide--

Oh Liberacion- you are so BAD laughing

I say that lovingly. Hehe
12/01/2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: I wrote a lot of little poems and notes and put them in my husband's lunch box or coat pocket for him to fi...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

I wrote a lot of little poems and notes and put them in my husband's lunch box or coat pocket for him to find. Sometimes it would embarrass him cuz he'd take a little guff from the guys, but he never asked me to stop. He was romantic, but not very poetic so when he'd leave for work early, before I woke up, he'd have the sweetest note waiting for me. It would be a funny attempt at a poem.

Once we received a large crab cutout advertisement from the science museum. We would leave it in places for each other to find. It started as a joke to see where it would show up next, but for one of us traveling to find in a suitcase meant the ones at home loved and missed you. (It even went to Israel:) Our neighbor recently found our "crab" and after hearing the story decided to join in on the fun. The following morning I found it in the shower! Great fun and great memories. I had a good laugh over that one.

--hide--

We, in the education field, would call that crab a "transitional object". Transitional objects are used as a source of comfort with children who are having difficulty with separation, and to be reminded, just as you said, that there are people at home who love them. That crab story is too cute.
Posts 41 - 50 of 60