Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

You have no idea how outraged I was a couple of years ago when I read on FB that another man was announcing his "engagement" to my wife despite the fact that the divorce was 2-3 months away. I did not see this person until after the divorce (and the marriage when the ink wasn't even dry on the divorce ), and I just had to laugh. This guy almost 20 years older than my ex, and looks almost like her father.

Even though the situation still annoys me I saw him in broad daylight when I returned one of my daughter to her moms house, and this guy has a gut hanging over his beltline not to mention that he is not an attractive man by any means. Don't most women usually trade "up" to get back at their ec spouses? boggled

Nov 30th 2012 new

OOPS as misspelled word. EX spouse

Nov 30th 2012 new

I'm going to chalk this up to a bad day, Daniel. You usually have positive things to say. I really don't think anyone thinks about 'trading' up, down or otherwise. When I married, I really believed it would be for life. I'm slowly, very slowly, slugging through my annulment paperwork. IF God has it in His plans for me to call me to the vocation of marriage, I truly expect that He will drop someone in my lap at church. laughing laughing laughing

Divorce can be lots of ugly things. The positive is that you do not have to carry the cross of their sin. It's not your responsibility. It only took my priest a year to get that concept through my head. heart

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: You have no idea how outraged I was a couple of years ago when I read on FB that another man was...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

You have no idea how outraged I was a couple of years ago when I read on FB that another man was announcing his "engagement" to my wife despite the fact that the divorce was 2-3 months away. I did not see this person until after the divorce (and the marriage when the ink wasn't even dry on the divorce ), and I just had to laugh. This guy almost 20 years older than my ex, and looks almost like her father.

Even though the situation still annoys me I saw him in broad daylight when I returned one of my daughter to her moms house, and this guy has a gut hanging over his beltline not to mention that he is not an attractive man by any means. Don't most women usually trade "up" to get back at their ec spouses?

--hide--
He's probably loaded.

Nov 30th 2012 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: He's probably loaded.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

He's probably loaded.

--hide--

I would say that is probably true....
Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: You have no idea how outraged I was a couple of years ago when I read on FB that another man was...

Even though the situation still annoys me I saw him in broad daylight when I returned one of my daughter to her moms house, and this guy has a gut hanging over his beltline not to mention that he is not an attractive man by any means. Don't most women usually trade "up" to get back at their ec spouses?

--hide--

I don't believe most women are that shallow. Perhaps it was he that "traded up" (as you say) when he found her?

The good Lord did not place our eyes in the back of our head so why do you insisted on looking at what is behind you? The past is the past. She did not make it into your future for a reason (and only God knows His plans for you) so I will pray for you, in hopes that you can focus on what is ahead of you, and that when you find it your greatest blessing will come along with it. Praying hug

Nov 30th 2012 new

--hide--

Daniel, first let me tell you how sorry I am that this happened to you. The feeling of betrayal must have been overwhelming. Most people who experience this are not able to trust others in the future. So you being here and being able to laugh at this tragedy says you are clearly the healthier of the two. That said, yes, most people, men and women try to trade up but that doesn't always translate to the "new" partner being more physcially attractive.

However, in your specific case it seems like she traded down exponentially because she settled for a man who would destroy her vow, family, and who sounds fugly. Kudos to you for seeing the forest through the trees. I know God will bless your faith with an amazing person.

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Carmen-910629 said: (Quote) Daniel-634934 said: You have no idea how outraged I was a couple ...
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said:

Quote:
Daniel-634934 said:

Daniel, first let me tell you how sorry I am that this happened to you. The feeling of betrayal must have been overwhelming. Most people who experience this are not able to trust others in the future. So you being here and being able to laugh at this tragedy says you are clearly the healthier of the two. That said, yes, most people, men and women try to trade up but that doesn't always translate to the "new" partner being more physcially attractive.

However, in your specific case it seems like she traded down exponentially because she settled for a man who would destroy her vow, family, and who sounds fugly. Kudos to you for seeing the forest through the trees. I know God will bless your faith with an amazing person.

--hide--
Until then I am thankful for my CM friends. God bless you Carmentheheart

Nov 30th 2012 new

--hide--

Why resent her for this? She made a coice and will have to live with it. Move on. Live well. Enjoy the life God has given you and accept your situation and your ex-wife as they are. Acceptance is the key to serenity and spiritual growth.

Nov 30th 2012 new

--hide--

keep your mood(s) festive for the holidays! for your kids sake.... they need you. put all thoughts of him-her on the back burner, so they may burn out completely. let God handle them in His time, we are not to judge. and yes, we can all laugh about it. ..it just takes time!

Posts 1 - 10 of 31