Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: White waxy fragrant flowers, my all time favorite is tuberose, but gardenia as well. Ahhhhh
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

White waxy fragrant flowers, my all time favorite is tuberose, but gardenia as well. Ahhhhh

--hide--

I agree. I love tuberose as well and I used to have two of those plants. I gave them to my friend in Santa Barbara. I need to ask him how they are doing. They are from a tropical climate.

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Roses are my favorite - I usually purchase a tea rose ...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Brenda-74660 said: Roses are my favorite - I usually purchase a tea rose plant for my Mom at Mother's Day. The most successful one I have found so far is called Jacob's coat. It has golden roses, pink roses, white roses on the one bush and I guess since her house/rose garden is on a hill the flowers don't quit blooming until around Dec 12th, the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe

I have a soft spot for Morning Glories. They cover a good part of my fence around the house. When I was fixing up my old place, I found an old door that at one time was the back door leading to my enclosed back porch. It needed some TLC- some wood filler, regluing the side panels using clamps, sanding & painting. It had a glass window about 2' square which I removed. I met two women at a juried craft fair who had a stained glass studio on the other side of town. I had them create a piece with Morning Glories to replace the opening, and it has become something I treasure.

--hide--

I imagine you mean blue morning glories, right?

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I imagine you mean blue morning glories, right?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

--hide--
Mine go from blue to lavender to a medium magenta. They bloom from mid-summer to the first frost. They have been here since I bought the place in 1990. flower

Dec 4th 2012 new

Irises! =D I keep trying to grow them in garden, but they never catch...it's so sad.

Dec 4th 2012 new

Tuberrose grow wild in Mexico, another reason for me to move there! rose

Dec 4th 2012 new

Easter Lilies, lavender, and lilac

Dec 4th 2012 new

I have always loved flowers in general and, being the romantic, my favorite is receiving a single red rose :) rose

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Tuberrose grow wild in Mexico, another reason for me to move there!
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Tuberrose grow wild in Mexico, another reason for me to move there!

--hide--

My Mexican friend told me of them so I grew them for a while and then gave them to him and I will have to ask how they are doing. They smell divine. They look divine. They are divine. When are you moving?wink

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I imagine you mean blue morning glories...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Mine go from blue to lavender to a medium magenta. They bloom from mid-summer to the first frost. They have been here since I bought the place in 1990.

--hide--

I have always loved morning glories especially when they are the blue ones! I have not had success in growing in this house them but maybe someday elsewhere. My sister was able to get a very hardy plant and it has lasted years. If we have a mild winter- they can last through.

I want to try to get them. I love Blue flowers the best of all flowers. Anything blue will do.

Dec 4th 2012 new

Yes, indeed, flowers are remarkable. Praise the Lord! I do believe that glads are my favourites.

Posts 71 - 80 of 97