Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: White waxy fragrant flowers, my all time favorite is tuberose, but gardenia as well. Ahhhhh
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

White waxy fragrant flowers, my all time favorite is tuberose, but gardenia as well. Ahhhhh

--hide--

I agree. I love tuberose as well and I used to have two of those plants. I gave them to my friend in Santa Barbara. I need to ask him how they are doing. They are from a tropical climate.

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Roses are my favorite - I usually purchase a tea rose ...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Brenda-74660 said: Roses are my favorite - I usually purchase a tea rose plant for my Mom at Mother's Day. The most successful one I have found so far is called Jacob's coat. It has golden roses, pink roses, white roses on the one bush and I guess since her house/rose garden is on a hill the flowers don't quit blooming until around Dec 12th, the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe

I have a soft spot for Morning Glories. They cover a good part of my fence around the house. When I was fixing up my old place, I found an old door that at one time was the back door leading to my enclosed back porch. It needed some TLC- some wood filler, regluing the side panels using clamps, sanding & painting. It had a glass window about 2' square which I removed. I met two women at a juried craft fair who had a stained glass studio on the other side of town. I had them create a piece with Morning Glories to replace the opening, and it has become something I treasure.

--hide--

I imagine you mean blue morning glories, right?

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I imagine you mean blue morning glories, right?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

--hide--
Mine go from blue to lavender to a medium magenta. They bloom from mid-summer to the first frost. They have been here since I bought the place in 1990. flower

12/04/2012 new

Irises! =D I keep trying to grow them in garden, but they never catch...it's so sad.

12/04/2012 new

Tuberrose grow wild in Mexico, another reason for me to move there! rose

12/04/2012 new

Easter Lilies, lavender, and lilac

12/04/2012 new

I have always loved flowers in general and, being the romantic, my favorite is receiving a single red rose :) rose

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Tuberrose grow wild in Mexico, another reason for me to move there!
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Tuberrose grow wild in Mexico, another reason for me to move there!

--hide--

My Mexican friend told me of them so I grew them for a while and then gave them to him and I will have to ask how they are doing. They smell divine. They look divine. They are divine. When are you moving?wink

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I imagine you mean blue morning glories...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Mine go from blue to lavender to a medium magenta. They bloom from mid-summer to the first frost. They have been here since I bought the place in 1990.

--hide--

I have always loved morning glories especially when they are the blue ones! I have not had success in growing in this house them but maybe someday elsewhere. My sister was able to get a very hardy plant and it has lasted years. If we have a mild winter- they can last through.

I want to try to get them. I love Blue flowers the best of all flowers. Anything blue will do.

12/04/2012 new

Yes, indeed, flowers are remarkable. Praise the Lord! I do believe that glads are my favourites.

Posts 71 - 80 of 97