Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 5th 2012 new

Lavender roses are stunning...

Dec 5th 2012 new

Blue irises are my absolute favorite. Though I love just standing next to a lilac bush in full bloom and breathing in the fragrance :)

Dec 6th 2012 new

I have a rose garden dedicated to Our Lady rose I am ordering a Pope John Paul ll for the spring:) It is said to be the most beautiful of white roses and is in the Vatican garden. After roses I love all flowers and try to have many types in my garden flower

Dec 6th 2012 new

Among my favorites are Tulips, Lilies, Daisies, and Roses (pink, yellow, coral, white......red is probably my least favorite color of rose, just because it's everywhere.) Not as fond of carnations - to me they just aren't as fragrant.

I've always liked mixed bouquets - the more colorful the better. heart They make the whole room smell nice. lovestruck!

Nothing like getting flowers from a nice gentleman. faint faint biggrin Especially for 'no reason other than thinking of you.'

And as for my likes and dislikes, who am I kidding? I'll take any flowers, any color, any day - it's the thought that counts! wink rose

Dec 6th 2012 new

I love them all; it is such a nice thing to receive.

Dec 6th 2012 new

yellow roses :)

Dec 6th 2012 new

Planted old fashioned irises and roses everywhere, I don't like a lot of the modern hybrids because they aren't scented. Any flower is beautiful, though, I'm going to try putting in some scarlet runner beans this year for the flowers and the beans. Sweet potatoes actually have a really beautiful flowering vine that looks like purple morning glories if you let them go.

Dec 6th 2012 new

Wild flowers are my favorite. Bright colors, strangely shaped flowers. It's one of the main reasons I love going to the farmers market. biggrin

Dec 6th 2012 new

Flowers are incredible. What a lift they provide. Memories of mountain meadows filled with wonderful color. Memories of prairie flowers raising their colorful faces to the sun. Memories of gardens planted to please. Memories of giving May flowers to the little lady across the street. Memories of receiving flowers from the little girl next door. Memories of giving flowers to the one you love. Pleasant memories all bringing us to smile.

I am not much of gardener. Not one that understands what plant goes in what soil, in what location, and what time of year. How to use the location to grow the "best" and to provide continuous color throughout the season. But thank God for those that do. Our kitchen tables are better for them. Our property is better for them. Our humanity it better for them.

I sometimes plant flowers in alleys and on foreclosed lots. Just a flower or two. Over time I find some flowers have found someone who noticed and cared for them. I have witnessed little children picking them and taking them home to their mothers. They speak to good.

Helen how to pick a favorite? I do not discriminate. They are all so comforting. Gentleness in a sometimes harsh world. I do so like cosmos. They are a metaphor for a woman. They are sweet looking with small pastel blooms. So seemingly fragile. So feminine. So pleasing of form.

Like women they can be tough. Give them a place to stand and they will flower beautifully. In poor soil. Without much water. In terrible heat. They will stay in bloom all season. After other flowers have come and gone. Showing grace and providing color right up to the first truly hard frost of the season.

Yes I likeflowers.

Dec 6th 2012 new

With the name Theresa what else but red roses.

Posts 81 - 90 of 97