Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 30th 2012 new

Tim's day was either so horrible or so wonderful that he's speechless!

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: Once upon a time I was in a women's faith-sharing group, and to get things rolling we would s...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

Once upon a time I was in a women's faith-sharing group, and to get things rolling we would sometimes share the best and worst parts of our day. Sometimes I come home after a long day and wish I had a nice husband to come home to who would ask me the same thing... while massaging my aching feet, of course... maybe after fixing me a cup of hot tea or an amaretto on the rocks. (A girl can dream, can't she?) So I thought I'd get the ball rolling and ask the rest of y'all. How was your day?

Here are my highlights:

Worst: Trying to encourage a couple of students who received bad test results today not to give up. They literally told me, "I give up." Ugh.

Best: A tie between 1) seeing the look on a student's face when she saw her reading test score had improved dramatically since last time (from pitifully failing to a C+) and 2) the point in class when I imitated a seahorse doing a dance to greet its mate (yeah, we end up doing some strange-looking things when explaining concepts in another language).

So who's next? How was your day?

--hide--
Worst! One of my students cut up a bus seat. The BEST! I was asked to do a charter bus runon monday....cha ching! extra money right before Christmas! Thank You God!

Nov 30th 2012 new

I previewed this long paragraph and it disappeared somehow......weeping

I'll give you the Best: My old friend and his wife are taking me to see Trans Siberian Orchestra also. Its kinda like a heavy metal Christmas show.
I told him maybe I will meet my future spouse there. I didn't meet her today at the grocery store, so I have to keep searching. laughing

Nov 30th 2012 new

eyepopping Worst - who knows. None of it was really THAT bad. I did get a "wake up call" at an eye doctor appointment to check for vision issues related to other things. I must say, I was a bit surprised. But, it is what it is. And, the day on the whole was a little busy.

cool Best - everything else. wink Seeing my daughter's smiling face, knowing I have something fun planned with my friends and my son tomorrow, knowing I have tonight to just relax, knowing I get to go to the gym tomorrow and get a manicure, nice relaxing music, candles and a glass of Irish Cream, peace and quiet. heart

Nov 30th 2012 new

Today was just a good day all around. I had lunch with one of my best friends, ran a bunch of errands, talked on the phone with a friend I made on CM (female), made a Christmas center piece for my table (I never do crafts) and it turned out pretty good, and now I am just relaxing here on my computer.

There was just no "worst part" for me today.

Nov 30th 2012 new

Laura, thank you for asking!

irked Worst: I live with my father who is increasingly "aspy" (as in Asperger's Syndrome) as he ages. A very strict routine, a very limited range of conversation - mostly to hear himself speak. Every morning, the news is loudly turned on and he comments repeatedly on the @#$% Republicans. I generally leave for work early enough to avoid being "talked at" for more than a few minutes. As a rule, I deal patiently with my father, but this morning was a rough start.

clap Best: I got a little Christmas shopping done after work, then met a group of friends for a nice long dinner at a terrific restaurant. It was a nice blend of personalities and chatter flowed easily. The guest of honor was my former roommate who was visiting from Spain. It was very good to see her again and catch up after more than a year.

Dec 1st 2012 new
While there are alway isolated "worsts" and "bests" Worst. I have to get up a 345 every mornIng in order to make it work. I work 91 miles one way from home. Best: i live 35 miles from a super parish. I also have a job. Unemployment here has gotten as high as 18%!
Dec 1st 2012 new
While there are alway isolated "worsts" and "bests" Worst. I have to get up a 345 every mornIng in order to make it work. I work 91 miles one way from home. Best: i live 35 miles from a super parish. I also have a job. Unemployment here has gotten as high as 18%!
Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Tim-734178 said: While there are alway isolated "worsts" and "bests" Worst. I have to get up a 345 ever...
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: While there are alway isolated "worsts" and "bests" Worst. I have to get up a 345 every mornIng in order to make it work. I work 91 miles one way from home. Best: i live 35 miles from a super parish. I also have a job. Unemployment here has gotten as high as 18%!
--hide--

That is quite a haul, Tim. But I'm willing to bet you get a few Rosaries in! rosary

Posts 11 - 19 of 19