Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Dec 3rd 2012 new

You all ought to look at "Single Living" forum and "War on Men"

Dec 3rd 2012 new
scratchchin Surely you jest, but then David they say that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

No use to repeat what others have said, but I agree with both Donna and Pat because I have experienced the same thing....where I see a couple where one is totally "different" from the other and then I say to myself that surely they looked different when they were first married - as there must have been "something" about the other person that really attracted them when they first met!

Don't give up!!!

God will send the right person for you in his own time and you will know that this person was

meant for you. I hope this day comes sooner rather than later!

Anne from MO.
Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-137883 said: How observant! Yes the rules have changed. I personally won't go out with a guy unless he...
(Quote) Katherine-137883 said:

How observant! Yes the rules have changed. I personally won't go out with a guy unless he has a belly like a whale, is missing most of his teeth and the bad breath is the most important requirement! (bonus points for smoking, drinking and drugs)

--hide--

laughing laughing rolling eyes Katherine! Stop hogging all the good ones!! laughing laughing tongue

OP - I agree with the other gals - some of these couples have been together a while and their love is a lot deeper than their looks.

The ladies you think are purposely choosing unattractive men may simply be discounting looks, and instead are attracted to a good heart, kind soul, great manners, intelligence, faith-filled presence, etc.

Unless you're having ladies flat out TELL you they are not interested in you specifically BECAUSE you are taking good physical care of yourself - (which I can't imagine) - it's an assumption. Don't go there, you'll drive yourself nuts trying to figure out what is in another person's head. Just be the best you can be - in every way.

Dec 6th 2012 new

lol I just had a good laugh! Say, what? The only thing I can think is that the woman wants to be ASSURED that she looks better. lol Wow.

Dec 6th 2012 new
David it doesn't matter where you live some women just like These type of men ! Keep doing what you are doing because you don't want any of those type of women, you want a woman who has respect for herself and takes care of herself, would you walk down the street with a woman with no teeth bad breath and a big stomach ? There is the answer to your question ! The right woman will cross your path one day ,be patient.
Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) David-44807 said: Ladies, I would like to ask if the rules have change for the 21 century on the men's appearenc...
(Quote) David-44807 said:

Ladies, I would like to ask if the rules have change for the 21 century on the men's appearence. I notice the women in my area love it when a man has a big belly, missing teeth( with bad breath), and balding . I'm a man that take care of myself. I go to the doctors, I don't smoke, drink , or take drugs. I eat right, exercise,and work my brains with deeds and work. I believe in caring for my mind and body that I'm not looking for a long life but a happy and healthy life. I'm not going to changing my life style to get a woman in my life, but wantyed to know why these women today think these men are great.Thank you for reading this post.

--hide--

huh???

i can only imagine what women had to settle for a few generations ago. it had tobe WAY worse than what you just described.

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: You all ought to look at "Single Living" forum and "War on Men"
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

You all ought to look at "Single Living" forum and "War on Men"

--hide--

the women who meet a man on CM and marry him are evidently not the pack of aggressive man-eaters who haunt these forums for years on end, skinning alive any man who dares say anything.

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: the women who meet a man on CM and marry him are evidently not the pack of aggressiv...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

the women who meet a man on CM and marry him are evidently not the pack of aggressive man-eaters who haunt these forums for years on end, skinning alive any man who dares say anything.

--hide--
biggrin mum's the word!

Dec 12th 2012 new

A man's appearance is important to me. It is not so much that he is bald or overweight. It has more to do with his personal cleanliness. Does he keep himself groomed? Clean shaven, clean clothes that are not tattered. They do not have to be fashionable. Clean teeth means clean breath. That's important if you are going to enjoy kissing him. Clean hands and fingernails - do I want to hold his hand? Hair combed and a cut that suits his personal appearance. A clean appearance with attention to his clothes conveys to me an attention to detail and respect for me.

I am not talking that he should be wearing current fashion or expensive clothes. For me that would be a turn off. To me it would say that he probably has some temporal criteria that I will never live up to. I also do not like toupe's or dyed hair on a man. That's me. I do not care if someone is bald. Alterations to one's natural appearance can convey insecurities that I would have to be praying him out of.

It's like being around a woman that wears too much make up. Why? What kind of person does she want me to see? Herself or an image that she thinks is more important than who she is?

Well that's a lot of writing for this time of night. That's my personal persective.

Dec 20th 2012 new

Just seeing this...but LOL lovestruck! eyepopping laughing eyebrow Battling eyelashes Happy Birthday! cookie hersheyskiss Mmmm.... Donut.... Battling eyelashes

hee hee hee.... If we love them...we love them...it's the heart and soul connection.

Posts 11 - 20 of 22