Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 1st 2012 new
I seemed to have inherited the short, stocky Italian look. LOL.
Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: What makes a man attractive and boyfriend/husband material?
(Quote) John-220051 said: What makes a man attractive and boyfriend/husband material?

--hide--
Thanks for asking that question. That I believe is one of the biggest question in the dating universe. scratchchin

I wish all the women responders will be as candid and blatantly truthful (not to say that anyone is lying, but this being a public forum, there is a tendency for people to answer in a manner that will project a good image about them... just saying)

Dec 1st 2012 new
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Thanks for asking that question. That I believe is one of the biggest question in the dating universe. ...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Thanks for asking that question. That I believe is one of the biggest question in the dating universe.

I wish all the women responders will be as candid and blatantly truthful (not to say that anyone is lying, but this being a public forum, there is a tendency for people to answer in a manner that will project a good image about them... just saying)

--hide--

I have a female friend who said that no matter what women say, they do secretly look for a physically attractive guy...that's why most won't reply to messages sent. Of course, there are exceptions and physical attraction is subjective. This is according to her. Don't shoot the messenger! :)
Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I have a female friend who said that no matter what women say, they do secretly look for a physic...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said:

I have a female friend who said that no matter what women say, they do secretly look for a physically attractive guy...that's why most won't reply to messages sent. Of course, there are exceptions and physical attraction is subjective. This is according to her. Don't shoot the messenger! :)
--hide--
Khoa, I'm one woman who will freely admit that looks do matter. Of course when I look at a guys profile the looks/or lack there of (to me) are what I'm checking out FIRST!!! If looks didn't matter, then why are people always posting about how they pass up a profile that has no picture??

Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Khoa, I'm one woman who will freely admit that looks do matter. Of course when I look at a gu...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Khoa, I'm one woman who will freely admit that looks do matter. Of course when I look at a guys profile the looks/or lack there of (to me) are what I'm checking out FIRST!!! If looks didn't matter, then why are people always posting about how they pass up a profile that has no picture??

--hide--

I guess the Mayans really are onto something... rolling eyes

theheart

Dec 1st 2012 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Khoa, I'm one woman who will freely admit that looks do matter. Of course when I look at a guys profile the...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

--hide--

Linda, THANK YOU! I think physical attraction is part of the recipe for a successful relationship! If one denies that one is very naive!
Dec 1st 2012 new

John, a two-dimesional photo can only provide so much information and "bait"...which then leads to reading the whole profile. And, as the saying goes, 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...
For each of us, that will be different, tempered by experiences, genetics (what we've been seeing in the mirror or at home since birth), and age. I once had a boss I did not like or respect. He had bulging eyes from a thyroid condition eyepopping , and to this day, my gut contracts whenever I see a man with those kind of eyes--I don't think any amount of Godliness would get me by to a romance!! shocked laughing laughing

For my temperment and interests, I look for an "outdoorsy" type of man, a bit rugged, but with genteel qualities. I'm 60, and show "some wear and tear", so I'm not looking to find a "Ken doll" or "Ahhhrrnald Schwartzeneger"! Not looking for a scrapbook filled with "big boy toys", either. I'd rather see a skill saw, backyard patio garden, back pack along the trail with friends, or guys working on a comfy old '57 Chevy-- than the latest power boat, Mercedes, or guys night out at Vegas....But that's just me... wink

Recently, I had the opportunity to meet a man F2F, who I'd only seen in photos before. Although his photos were pleasant, and his personal attributes admirable and attractive, it was NOTHING COMPARED to the charisma and charm he held in person! knight-errant heartbeat lovestruck! (Course, without MUTUAL attraction and sacramental availability.... rolling eyes weeping)

Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: (Quote) Linda-624584 said: Khoa, I'm one woman who will freely admit that look...
Quote:
Linda-624584 said:

Linda, THANK YOU! I think physical attraction is part of the recipe for a successful relationship! If one denies that one is very naive!
--hide--
I also agree that attractiveness is important.

KEY CAVEAT: attractiveness takes many forms.

A gentleman should always be neatly groomed and clean - that is a basic requirment for attractiveness. If you need a haircut, get a haircut. If you need your clothes cleaned or repaired, get that done. If you shoes are scuffed, polish them. etc.

A gentleman should be as close to a normal weight as possible. Obesity for either gender is rarely attractive.

A gentleman should smile, be kind, have a sense of humor, be chivalrous and interested. These traits make a gentleman attractive.

If these basics are in place, there is enormous latitude with regard to physical attributes that would be considered attractive in a gentleman. Could be short, tall, bald, dark, light, wrinkled, have a prominent nose, or have cerebral palsy and be considered very attractive. (all examples form CM)

Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I have a female friend who said that no matter what women say, they do secretly look for a physic...

--hide--

Hi Khoa...

I guess it depends on the woman... just like it depends on the man!

I really like myself and will make a great wife and mother one day, but I know men pass me by because I am overweight. Each to his/her own, and I'm ok with that.

The most physically attractve man on earth can be the uglist man I know once I get to know him. The opposite is true... The physically uglist man on earth can be the most beautiful due to his love of God and others. Compassion and generosity always win out. I would rather make my life with such a man and have my children have that example than have physically beauty.

Dec 1st 2012 new

Honesty, Responsible, Compassion and reasonably intelligent

Posts 11 - 20 of 86