Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/01/2012 new

Confidence, but not arrogance. Humility, but not self deprecation. Faithful, but not hypocritical. Humorous, but not at other's expense. heart

Cat

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: John, a two-dimesional photo can only provide so much information and "bait"...which ...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

John, a two-dimesional photo can only provide so much information and "bait"...which then leads to reading the whole profile. And, as the saying goes, 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...
For each of us, that will be different, tempered by experiences, genetics (what we've been seeing in the mirror or at home since birth), and age. I once had a boss I did not like or respect. He had bulging eyes from a thyroid condition , and to this day, my gut contracts whenever I see a man with those kind of eyes--I don't think any amount of Godliness would get me by to a romance!!

For my temperment and interests, I look for an "outdoorsy" type of man, a bit rugged, but with genteel qualities. I'm 60, and show "some wear and tear", so I'm not looking to find a "Ken doll" or "Ahhhrrnald Schwartzeneger"! Not looking for a scrapbook filled with "big boy toys", either. I'd rather see a skill saw, backyard patio garden, back pack along the trail with friends, or guys working on a comfy old '57 Chevy-- than the latest power boat, Mercedes, or guys night out at Vegas....But that's just me...

Recently, I had the opportunity to meet a man F2F, who I'd only seen in photos before. Although his photos were pleasant, and his personal attributes admirable and attractive, it was NOTHING COMPARED to the charisma and charm he held in person! (Course, without MUTUAL attraction and sacramental availability.... )

--hide--

Well said, Bev. Definitely, mutual attraction and sacramental availability would be a deal breaker for me, as well as a non-existent or low priority prayer life.

John
I also, look for the outdoorsy type but with genteel qualities, to steal Bev's line. I would much prefer to meet someone with real life skills and interests than someone with "keeping up with the Joneses" attributes. Society can be very narrow in suggesting that everyone should look like a model; people come in all builds and nationalities. Take care of yourself physically and spiritually and have a genuine interest and caring for others and others will be attracted to you.

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I have a female friend who said that no matter what women say, they do secretly look for a physic...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said:

I have a female friend who said that no matter what women say, they do secretly look for a physically attractive guy...that's why most won't reply to messages sent. Of course, there are exceptions and physical attraction is subjective. This is according to her. Don't shoot the messenger! :)
--hide--
Khoa, thanks for validating what I already knew (I was being charitable giving the ladies here the benefit of the doubt when they say otherwise). I came from a big family and I have 3 older sisters. My sisters, never once said that they do not care about a guy's physical looks. As a matter of fact, they were the ones who pushed us boys in the family to look good/presentable at all times because that's what catches a girl's attention shhh

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Khoa, I'm one woman who will freely admit that looks do matter. Of course when I look at a gu...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Khoa, I'm one woman who will freely admit that looks do matter. Of course when I look at a guys profile the looks/or lack there of (to me) are what I'm checking out FIRST!!! If looks didn't matter, then why are people always posting about how they pass up a profile that has no picture??

--hide--
Linda, I love your honesty. Now, that's a woman talking!

12/01/2012 new

Men should try to be clean, clean shaven and should work to keep their weight down in the same way women have to work to keep their weight down.
When men utilize the natural testoserone that is contained in their body to work out and be fit- no matter how old they may be, it is a wonderful thing.
When they lose touch with their body, It is not good on a number of levels. I have had obese men tell me that they are in great shape. This told me he was very unaware of what was going on with his weight and appearance. What woman wants to inherit this medical risk? A man who takes responsibility for this is attactive.

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I seemed to have inherited the short, stocky Italian look. LOL.
(Quote) John-220051 said: I seemed to have inherited the short, stocky Italian look. LOL.
--hide--

Every man has within him the ability to raise his metabolism through a daily brisk walk if nothing else. If a man starts there, he can burn more claroies and stabilize his weight and appearance. Never mind stocky-- It takes very little time to do a few moves. My brother is very stocky and is managing things somehow and looks great. Guys who are used to a work out only have to start over and get to it- same with us ladies.

Guys who are not used to it have to DARE to BE FIT. Train your body.

Men can raise their metabolism to burn more than women can. I say- Take advantage of it. 30 minute walk or less? Come on..

12/01/2012 new

OK - regardless of Khoa's friend's advice, I disagree. I married the 'perfect' man, looks, fit, blah, blah, blah. He treated me like garbage. It was the perfect time for me to examine what is important.

I like an attractive man, but folks, really, that is subjective. One of the most attractive men I ever dated, bar none, was 5'2" and on the pudgy side. He was brilliant, charming and treated me like a queen. We shared many of the same (OCDish) idiosyncracies.

What is most attractive to me now? OK..honesty speaking...the guy at church I'm crushing on. He's attractive, yes, but he more importantly he is a devout Catholic who has sat two pews behind me for almost three years. I KNOW he is active in various ministries and lends a hand to anything that needs being done. I've also had the blessing of seeing him in his work environment. He's intelligent and passionate about his work. He's a gentleman and treats everyone with courtesy and respect. The teenagers in our youth group like him because he speaks to them like people, not 'kids'. The children like him because he will play with them on their level at appropriate times.

To all of you who have a laundry list of requirements, give some thought to what is really important. Call me crazy. heart

12/01/2012 new

Non-cat owning man* with a great warm smile. Layed back and fun personality. Responsible. JHe has wonderful relationship with his family and friends. He is happy. He loves life and is fullfilled despite being single.

* I'm allergic but I would consider meds for the right guy :)

12/01/2012 new

too funny....allergy shots work. They are expensive, but they work. heart

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: OK - regardless of Khoa's friend's advice, I disagree. I married the 'perfect'...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

OK - regardless of Khoa's friend's advice, I disagree. I married the 'perfect' man, looks, fit, blah, blah, blah. He treated me like garbage. It was the perfect time for me to examine what is important.

I like an attractive man, but folks, really, that is subjective. One of the most attractive men I ever dated, bar none, was 5'2" and on the pudgy side. He was brilliant, charming and treated me like a queen. We shared many of the same (OCDish) idiosyncracies.

What is most attractive to me now? OK..honesty speaking...the guy at church I'm crushing on. He's attractive, yes, but he more importantly he is a devout Catholic who has sat two pews behind me for almost three years. I KNOW he is active in various ministries and lends a hand to anything that needs being done. I've also had the blessing of seeing him in his work environment. He's intelligent and passionate about his work. He's a gentleman and treats everyone with courtesy and respect. The teenagers in our youth group like him because he speaks to them like people, not 'kids'. The children like him because he will play with them on their level at appropriate times.

To all of you who have a laundry list of requirements, give some thought to what is really important. Call me crazy.

--hide--

I agree with you and attitude is everything in a man. When someone has done his work and loves God--Shows respect and lives it- It makes all of the difference. May God Bless Your crush! heartbeat

Posts 21 - 30 of 86