Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I have a female friend who said that no matter what women say, they do secretly look for a physic...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said:

I have a female friend who said that no matter what women say, they do secretly look for a physically attractive guy...that's why most won't reply to messages sent. Of course, there are exceptions and physical attraction is subjective. This is according to her. Don't shoot the messenger! :)
--hide--

I'm not sure what your friend's definition of "physically attractive." A person who takes care of themselves is "physically attractive" to me. That does not mean they have to be a model. I do agree that physical attraction is subjective. A person's character makes them attractive to me and I bet that is the case with most women. I do agree that chemistry is very important.

- Elizabeth

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: What makes a man attractive and boyfriend/husband material?
(Quote) John-220051 said: What makes a man attractive and boyfriend/husband material?
--hide--

That is a loaded question! Here goes. Yes women do want a man they are physically attracted to, however, what is attractive to one, may not be to another. I once had a roommate who refused to go out with blonde headed guys! Seriously! Blonde hair was a turn off to her. I viewed a guy when I saw his scrapbook picture on the main page, it caught my attention. When I looked at his profile I did not like his profile picture at all! I have since had a F2F and I really like who he is as a person, and that has become more attractive to me than the physical attributes. That is the drawback of online dating, you don't get to know someone when all you see is a picture and if a guy has a hard time writing, well it can be a killer. I just recently had a guy view me, so I viewed back and was laughing as I read his profile. I dropped him a note to let him know I thought he had a great smile and a great sense of humor (which he had both), but he also had a few serious notes in there that I found intriguing. So yes, a great picture is important, but so is confidence, humor and a quick wit.

P.S. I think you have a well written profile.

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: (Quote) John-220051 said: What makes a man attractive and boyfriend/husband mate...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

Quote:
John-220051 said: What makes a man attractive and boyfriend/husband material?

That is a loaded question! Here goes. Yes women do want a man they are physically attracted to, however, what is attractive to one, may not be to another. I once had a roommate who refused to go out with blonde headed guys! Seriously! Blonde hair was a turn off to her. I viewed a guy when I saw his scrapbook picture on the main page, it caught my attention. When I looked at his profile I did not like his profile picture at all! I have since had a F2F and I really like who he is as a person, and that has become more attractive to me than the physical attributes. That is the drawback of online dating, you don't get to know someone when all you see is a picture and if a guy has a hard time writing, well it can be a killer. I just recently had a guy view me, so I viewed back and was laughing as I read his profile. I dropped him a note to let him know I thought he had a great smile and a great sense of humor (which he had both), but he also had a few serious notes in there that I found intriguing. So yes, a great picture is important, but so is confidence, humor and a quick wit.

P.S. I think you have a well written profile.

--hide--

Not speaking for all women but for me a man is attractive if he is confident in his own skin, has a sense of humor, is kind, thoughtful and just a great guy. However extra attractive points if he can cook and he doesn't mind learning about the gluten free life style. :)

12/01/2012 new

I think a man who listens, really listens and then adapts his behavior based on what is said is very much husband material. I think a man who often thinks "we" ahead of "me" is husband material. A man who honors and respects his mother and other women is on to something. An impish grin and sense of humor (not crude, but gentle) go very far.

At my age, good health and family obligations under control are important for either gender.

12/01/2012 new

When making a new acquaintance with a man, I find attractive one who looks at my eyes, smiles, and has a firm handshake. I like a deep voice, too. faint Those are good measures of confidence, respect and attention to detail. If carried out with grace, he will not feel overpowering.

He can be a physician, a mailman, or a gardenen. It's all about character. Without those, I'll never find out if he's boyfriend / husband material.

12/01/2012 new

--hide--

John, I read your profile. You appear to be an interesting, complex man. I would suggest that you very carefully review your first paragraph, delete the part about cheating because "one woman man" says it all. Somehow add some fun in there. I bet that your education took years and was important to you. I suggest that you mention that in some manner in your profile. I like what you wrote abt food preferences. That told a lot abt you.

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: I think a man who listens, really listens and then adapts his behavior based on what is said is v...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

I think a man who listens, really listens and then adapts his behavior based on what is said is very much husband material. I think a man who often thinks "we" ahead of "me" is husband material. A man who honors and respects his mother and other women is on to something. An impish grin and sense of humor (not crude, but gentle) go very far.

At my age, good health and family obligations under control are important for either gender.

--hide--

Bingo! The way he speaks of his mom - or his mother figure - says so much. She may be present in his everyday life or a constant memory.

I wish I had seen the yellow flags in regards to how my ex got (not) along with his mother. No one asked for her opinion, ever! She is still taken for granted.

My 2 boys love and respect me... I'm raising them to do likewise with their future wives. My girl has seen what happened to me and will not be fooled or taken for granted.

12/01/2012 new

i like a man when they are happy, cheerful and optimistic. also telling is there boyish smile and laughing eyes. husband material? conversations, heartbeat appreciation, active and spontaneous lifestyle, a good work ethic, and a meaningful loving cloudnine relationship.

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I seemed to have inherited the short, stocky Italian look. LOL.
(Quote) John-220051 said: I seemed to have inherited the short, stocky Italian look. LOL.
--hide--

Nothing wrong with that!

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Khoa, thanks for validating what I already knew (I was being charitable giving the ladies here ...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Khoa, thanks for validating what I already knew (I was being charitable giving the ladies here the benefit of the doubt when they say otherwise). I came from a big family and I have 3 older sisters. My sisters, never once said that they do not care about a guy's physical looks. As a matter of fact, they were the ones who pushed us boys in the family to look good/presentable at all times because that's what catches a girl's attention

--hide--

Sadly, you are placing all women (and men for that matter) in the same boat. It would be like me assuming that all men are lying, cheating b-words because of one life experience. I know this is not true. Sad!

Posts 31 - 40 of 86