Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Khoa, maybe because nobody would want to admit to it. I wonder how many messages (or response t...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Khoa, maybe because nobody would want to admit to it. I wonder how many messages (or response to messages) will a man gifted with all the attractive virtues/traits as identified in this thread get if he is without a picture? I know where to place my bet

--hide--

Kahirup, looks grow old and at some point are not all that attractive. Character is like fine wine...it just gets better and better with age. I'm looking for character and I'll bet most women here on CM are doing the same thing. Chemistry happens between all kinds and all physical types. Have you ever read Beauty and the Beast? If you haven't, I think you should. It is a very interesting story. A man who will love, honor, cherish and care for his family is about the most good looking man I can imagine.

- Elizabeth

Dec 2nd 2012 new

I agree, many people are hesitant, but some are very straight forward. The flip side is that there ARE people here for whom looks are secondary. The prettiest faces will fade with age, but virtue remains. Is that idealistic?? No, not really. I have just taken enough wrong terms for a pretty face that I have a different perspective on how important 'sparks' are. heart

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Thank you. And I am not expecting you to talk me out of anything. I believe you missed t...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Thank you. And I am not expecting you to talk me out of anything.

I believe you missed the point I was trying to make. If we continually deny the role of physical looks that makes a man attractive, and solely base a man's attractiveness on good virtues and traits, why then are the "good men" of CM not selling out like hot cakes to the women here?

The other point I was trying to get across is, some people are apprehensive about admitting that it was the physical looks that made them initially attracted to a man. Such apprehension maybe from fear of being judged as shallow or superficial.

--hide--

Perhaps... if we use the term "some people." You can't place all women or men in that boat. That is my point.

"...why then are the "good men" of CM not selling out like hot cakes to the women here?" Trust me, it's not from a lack of trying on the part of the good (but perhaps not physically attractive enough?) women of CM.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: My last girlfriend went nuts because I was close to my mother. She even picked a fight with me six months...
(Quote) John-220051 said: My last girlfriend went nuts because I was close to my mother. She even picked a fight with me six months after the event because I hugged my Mom in front of her on her birthday.
--hide--

Sometimes the way you treat your mother would be a reflection on how you would treat your girlfriend/spouse.The may be a problem when individuals don't reduce the time and attention away from their parents and focus on their spouse leave father and mother and "cling to" their spouse is extremely important.

Dec 2nd 2012 new
Looks make an impression, either way, as do all characteristics perceived by our senses. We are, after all, physical beings. But, those things are also very quickly enhanced or undone by ones words and deeds; at least for me. The question I have is how can I or anyone can a sense of that without meeting face to face?
Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-920802 said: Looks make an impression, either way, as do all characteristics perceived by our senses. We are, afte...
(Quote) Patricia-920802 said: Looks make an impression, either way, as do all characteristics perceived by our senses. We are, after all, physical beings. But, those things are also very quickly enhanced or undone by ones words and deeds; at least for me. The question I have is how can I or anyone can a sense of that without meeting face to face?
--hide--

FIRST POST ALERT !!!! Welcome to the forums Patricia! wave

Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Karen-133138 said: FIRST POST ALERT !!!! Welcome to the forums Patricia!
(Quote) Karen-133138 said:

FIRST POST ALERT !!!! Welcome to the forums Patricia!

--hide--
thanks!
Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Perhaps... if we use the term "some people." You can't place ...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Perhaps... if we use the term "some people." You can't place all women or men in that boat. That is my point.

"...why then are the "good men" of CM not selling out like hot cakes to the women here?" Trust me, it's not from a lack of trying on the part of the good (but perhaps not physically attractive enough?) women of CM.

--hide--
Point well taken.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Kahirup, looks grow old and at some point are not all that attractive. Character...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Kahirup, looks grow old and at some point are not all that attractive. Character is like fine wine...it just gets better and better with age. I'm looking for character and I'll bet most women here on CM are doing the same thing. Chemistry happens between all kinds and all physical types. Have you ever read Beauty and the Beast? If you haven't, I think you should. It is a very interesting story. A man who will love, honor, cherish and care for his family is about the most good looking man I can imagine.

- Elizabeth

--hide--
Elizabeth, I totally agree with you. It is truistic to say that looks grow old and there's no point arguing about that. I am not trying to postulate that it is just physical looks that women (or men) look for. Ultimately it boils down to the character. What I was saying is this: physical looks provide the spark through which initial attraction is generated. What ever happens after that is beyond my point. The other point I was trying to get across is some people (as Nancy insisted I use) are reluctant to admit that it is this physical looks that initially catches their attention, ergo, it is that physical look that made the other person attractive. Related to this second point, I ask, what is so wrong admitting that one is attracted to a beautiful woman (or a handsome man)?

I won't argue, nor was it my position, that physical looks is all that makes a man (or woman) attractive. I would dare say that personally, looks do matter to catch my attention. Do I put a premium on it when deciding if a woman is a potential date or spouse? My answer is NO as I agree with you that character will ultimately be the deciding factor.

And yes, I have read Beauty and the Beast. I have even seen the Disney movie.

BTW, do you have an answer to the question I posted in response to Khoa? Just asking.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-920802 said: Looks make an impression, either way, as do all characteristics perceived by our senses. We are, afte...
(Quote) Patricia-920802 said: Looks make an impression, either way, as do all characteristics perceived by our senses. We are, after all, physical beings. But, those things are also very quickly enhanced or undone by ones words and deeds; at least for me. The question I have is how can I or anyone can a sense of that without meeting face to face?
--hide--
That is a tough one Patricia. I wish I have an answer, but I don't. I guess sincerity of words will do.

Posts 61 - 70 of 86