Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Trust me, it's not from a lack of trying on the part of the good (
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Trust me, it's not from a lack of trying on the part of the good (but perhaps not physically attractive enough?) women of CM.

--hide--
It seems to me that any discussion about physical attributes making another person attractive rubs you the wrong way. What is wrong in saying that a beautiful woman (or a handsome man) is attractive? Or should a beautiful woman (or handsome man) suffer and be subject to more scrutiny to prove that they are more than a pretty face just because they are physically attractive? It doesn't make sense to me.

Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: It seems to me that any discussion about physical attributes making another person attractive rubs you the wr...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

It seems to me that any discussion about physical attributes making another person attractive rubs you the wrong way. What is wrong in saying that a beautiful woman (or a handsome man) is attractive? Or should a beautiful woman (or handsome man) suffer and be subject to more scrutiny to prove that they are more than a pretty face just because they are physically attractive? It doesn't make sense to me.

--hide--
Huh? Have you read my posts in this thread? Start with the first one... Even I lay out what I usually find physically attractive in a man... I am not sure what your point of disagreement is. Are you asking if I hold some sort of prejudice against physically beautiful people?
Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Huh? Have you read my posts in this thread? Start with the first one... Even I lay out what I usually fi...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Huh? Have you read my posts in this thread? Start with the first one... Even I lay out what I usually find physically attractive in a man... I am not sure what your point of disagreement is. Are you asking if I hold some sort of prejudice against physically beautiful people?
--hide--

No point od disagreement. Just an observation.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

While what is on the outside is important, to me what is important is what comes from the inside. Is the person honest, caring, fun to be around, understanding, kind hearted, etc. Physical features are great, but why would I want someone who looks great on the outside and then blows it by using curse words, and being all arrogant. Just be yourself!

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: (Quote) Pamela-577899 said: Not speaking for all women but...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Quote:
Pamela-577899 said:

Not speaking for all women but for me a man is attractive if he is confident in his own skin, has a sense of humor, is kind, thoughtful and just a great guy. However extra attractive points if he can cook and he doesn't mind learning about the gluten free life style. :)

Gluten-free! I hear ya!

--hide--

Hugs Nancy! I am just starting to find out there are actual men that are willing to consider the G-free life style but some that actually are already Gluten Free! Granted those men are so far all taken . But they are out there and that is very good :) There is Hope!

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: No point od disagreement. Just an observation.

No point od disagreement. Just an observation.

--hide--

I guess I am lost as to what the observation is...

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Pamela-577899 said: Hugs Nancy! I am just starting to find out there are actual men that are willing...
(Quote) Pamela-577899 said:

Hugs Nancy! I am just starting to find out there are actual men that are willing to consider the G-free life style but some that actually are already Gluten Free! Granted those men are so far all taken . But they are out there and that is very good :) There is Hope!

--hide--

Hi Pamela!!!

G-free living is tough one... but so worth it when you consider the consequences! We are all so unique! When you click with the right guy you're able to have the "conversation"... You know what I mean! laughing laughing laughing Of all the men I've dated, most haven't seemed to care and were willing to work with it or around it. Only one man was freaked out by it! It was an interesting reaction! "You mean you don't eat bread!" Well, not quite! laughing laughing laughing G-free makes you into a GREAT cook! Don't you agree? I always work THAT into the conversation! laughing laughing laughing When I reflect on my various relationships in my life, I realize how much I love my family members' and friends' little intricacies! Message me if you want to talk g-free living! Hijack over! laughing :lol: :lol:

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: What I was saying is this: physical looks provide the spark through which initial attr...

What I was saying is this: physical looks provide the spark through which initial attraction is generated.

--hide--

That's the best way I've ever seen that point articulated. The key word is initial. Everyone knows that physical attraction alone won't maintain the interest. The character has to be there as well.

Dec 3rd 2012 new

Most women are not so picky as men think! laughing If it helps, most women are trained from an early age through socialization that the man must make the first move. People also have huge self esteem issues thanks to a number of reasons, so you get the junior high prom effect - everybody stands on their side of the room staring at each other then staring at their feet.

Online not so much, but in real life ladies are usually SUPER obvious (in female terms) that they are attracted. Messing with your hair, turning head, hanging on your every word, etcetera - these are stereotypes, but I promise we do this! My mother and father have been married for well over 30 years at this point, and she still pulls her braid over her shoulder and twiddles with it when she's flirting with him!!!

As far as particulars, it truly depends on the person. Theology of the Body is actually a really good read even for single people, it makes you think a lot. I really think that it should be required for teenagers/college students. For some women, it truly is things like intelligence, sense of humour, all those clichés that are listed out. Physical appearance? Again, it depends. No telling - some of it's cultural acclimation, some of it is just that "wow" factor, maybe even the way someone walks or speaks.

I know that's not helpful, but it's what I've got. Just remember some women rule themselves out because they think YOU have to talk to them first! Good luck.

Dec 3rd 2012 new

Agree with Carl. I have had interest from a very attractive woman. But it was more of a pain. On again/off again. Once I offered an apology, but it was refused. And I was reminded again and again that it was refused. I think because she was attractive she had more of a shell.

Good posts, all....I was worried all women were interested in Justin Bieber!

Posts 71 - 80 of 86