Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: (Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Please enlighten me, Mike. What is the ...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Quote:
Kathy-635104 said:

Please enlighten me, Mike. What is the Mabel Tainter museum?

Can you hear me now? I don't know what happened there.

--hide--

must really be curious, if you asked three times wink ... The Mabel Tainter Memorial Theater is in Menomonie, WI. It is a really classy old building dedicated to preserving and promoting the arts. It has a beautiful auditorium, among other treasures. No duct tape memorial, though. I don't think Red Green ever performed there, either, but I could be wrong scratchchin

www.washburn.edu

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: must really be curious, if you asked three times ... The Mabel Tainter Memorial Theater ...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

must really be curious, if you asked three times ... The Mabel Tainter Memorial Theater is in Menomonie, WI. It is a really classy old building dedicated to preserving and promoting the arts. It has a beautiful auditorium, among other treasures. No duct tape memorial, though. I don't think Red Green ever performed there, either, but I could be wrong

www.washburn.edu

--hide--

I must have had some jittery fingers!

The architecture is stunning. I absolutely love the intricacies of old buildings. This one is a classic. Thanks so much for the link. My phone doesn't do it justice so I'll have to fire up the computer and view it on the big screen. (The thought of me praying my computer will work in any reasonable timeframe gives me a visual of Jesus on a dinosaur. But that's another thread...)

Thanks, Mike, for showing me something new! It really is lovely.

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: My remedy was to take a couple of those elastic things that hold bed sheet corners and hook one to my br...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: My remedy was to take a couple of those elastic things that hold bed sheet corners and hook one to my bra and run the other all the way down Maybe I should market it as the garter for the over 50 crowd! Could be the next greatest thing since...duct tape!

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing ROTFL! Ohhhh, Kathy laughing laughing the visual is priceless!! I think you could make a killing marketing that as a "REDNECK" GARTER BELT!

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: must really be curious, if you asked three times ... The Mabel Tainter Memorial Theater ...

must really be curious, if you asked three times ... The Mabel Tainter Memorial Theater is in Menomonie, WI. It is a really classy old building dedicated to preserving and promoting the arts. It has a beautiful auditorium, among other treasures. No duct tape memorial, though. I don't think Red Green ever performed there, either, but I could be wrong

www.washburn.edu

--hide--
Mike, that is a beautiful building! Thanks for sharing the website. Ya know, it would probably be a great place to have a CM event, and those of you in MN.WI, MI would all be close enough to figure out a good date and a good performance.... scratchchin Just saying, ya know....
What's the closest major airport to there?

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Mike, that is a beautiful building! Thanks for sharing the website. Ya know, it would probably ...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Mike, that is a beautiful building! Thanks for sharing the website. Ya know, it would probably be a great place to have a CM event, and those of you in MN.WI, MI would all be close enough to figure out a good date and a good performance.... Just saying, ya know....
What's the closest major airport to there?

--hide--

Minneapols/St Paul airport is a bit over an hour west. MSP is also directly across the interstate from the MOA (Mall of America). 400+ shops there, but no "specialty" duct tape store. Probably could find some at Sears, though. CM-Minnesota? Keep in mind that there are only three months of decent weather each year: July, August, Sept. Then there are three rainy and cold months (May, June, October), and six potentially snowy months (November through April). Not even the best-made duct tape jacket could keep y'all warm during that period.

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Minneapols/St Paul airport is a bit over an hour west. MSP is also directly across t...

Minneapols/St Paul airport is a bit over an hour west. MSP is also directly across the interstate from the MOA (Mall of America). 400+ shops there, but no "specialty" duct tape store. Probably could find some at Sears, though. CM-Minnesota? Keep in mind that there are only three months of decent weather each year: July, August, Sept. Then there are three rainy and cold months (May, June, October), and six potentially snowy months (November through April). Not even the best-made duct tape jacket could keep y'all warm during that period.

--hide--

C'mon, Mikey, plan something during the winter carnival. We can help them learn to love the cold!

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: C'mon, Mikey, plan something during the winter carnival. We can help them learn to lo...

C'mon, Mikey, plan something during the winter carnival. We can help them learn to love the cold!

--hide--

With my work schedule right now, I can't plan anything from one day to the next... they're making me drive to Grand Rapids twice a week, starting next week, days to be determined as I go along boggled

But a CM-The Frozen North penguin does have possibilities scratchchin

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Not even the best-made duct tape jacket could keep y'all warm during that period.
(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Not even the best-made duct tape jacket could keep y'all warm during that period.

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing laughing

Don't know about how this guy used the rest of his duct tape, but he DID have a fur-lined jacket AND duct tape with him....so I guess it's possible....
www.thedenverchannel.com

Ooooh, Mike, if there was a CM Frozen MN penguin , maybe I could scratch off a couple of my "bucket list" items, like seeing the Northern Lights and a polar bear.... scratchchin

Dec 7th 2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: They should at least find you handy." - Red GreenAs a tribute to the colors of the season, what ha...

They should at least find you handy." - Red Green

As a tribute to the colors of the season, what have you fixed with duct tape? And now, with all the colors and patterns available, it can even be used in decorating.

My son's band teacher admonished him for using duct tape to fix his trumpet. I didn't know he had done this, but was proud of his creativity.

I used black duct tape recently to fix some random piece on top of the lawn mower that fell off and I ran over. I don't know what it was for, but it still looks good and the mower doesn't seem any worse for wear.

Duct tape also makes short work of repairing book bindings.

--hide--

Packing boxes, of course....
Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: ROTFL! Ohhhh, Kathy the visual is priceless!! I think you could make a killing marketing that a...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

ROTFL! Ohhhh, Kathy the visual is priceless!! I think you could make a killing marketing that as a "REDNECK" GARTER BELT!

--hide--

Thank you, Bev.

That's the reaction I got from my family, too. My cousin laughed so hard, tears ran down her leg!

Posts 111 - 120 of 134