Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: LOL! The purple Viking tape also works for sealing packages going to Wisconsin.
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

LOL!

The purple Viking tape also works for sealing packages going to Wisconsin.

--hide--
Or you could use yellow duct tape on those packages to Wisconsin, I hear they like "Cheese" there. cheese laughing laughing

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Anyone can cook, Jerry. In fact, it saves a lot of calling when the smoke alarm goes off....

Anyone can cook, Jerry. In fact, it saves a lot of calling when the smoke alarm goes off...Dinner's Ready!

--hide--
Kathy....I know I'm getting us off course but you just reminded me of something with my Dad. He was hard of hearing. And when he first started wearing hearing aids....they were the transistor radio size! Later he went to the concealable type which work well. But one time his "big one" went off! Wow! I looked at him and said "Coffee's ready!"laughing We both laughed over that one!laughing laughing

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Kathy....I know I'm getting us off course but you just reminded me of something with my Dad. ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Kathy....I know I'm getting us off course but you just reminded me of something with my Dad. He was hard of hearing. And when he first started wearing hearing aids....they were the transistor radio size! Later he went to the concealable type which work well. But one time his "big one" went off! Wow! I looked at him and said "Coffee's ready!" We both laughed over that one!

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing

12/02/2012 new

Love the Red Green shoe!!!

How about kids going to prom in duct tape?

www.google.com

www.google.com

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Love the Red Green shoe!!!How about kids going to prom in duct tape?ht...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

Love the Red Green shoe!!!

How about kids going to prom in duct tape?

www.google.com

www.google.com

--hide--

Now THAT is imaginative. I'm contemplating a duct tape belt for my vacuum. It would save me a trip to the hardware store. scratchchin

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: They should at least find you handy." - Red GreenAs a tribute to the colors of the s...

They should at least find you handy." - Red Green

As a tribute to the colors of the season, what have you fixed with duct tape? And now, with all the colors and patterns available, it can even be used in decorating.

My son's band teacher admonished him for using duct tape to fix his trumpet. I didn't know he had done this, but was proud of his creativity.

I used black duct tape recently to fix some random piece on top of the lawn mower that fell off and I ran over. I don't know what it was for, but it still looks good and the mower doesn't seem any worse for wear.

Duct tape also makes short work of repairing book bindings.

--hide--
No manly-man's tool box is complete without a roll of duct tape in his tool box. Red Green is my hero.

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Actually Kathy, panty hose are great lint removers ...must have something to do with static ...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Actually Kathy, panty hose are great lint removers ...must have something to do with static
electricity. And I am getting a kick out of this thread and your funny stories.

--hide--
We used panty hose stretched over a wire coat hanger frame to make a diffusion screen- for softening features on portraits made on an enlarger in the darkroom. Now of course there's Photoshop.

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Actually Kathy, panty hose are great lint remo...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Eileen-890971 said:

Actually Kathy, panty hose are great lint removers ...must have something to do with static
electricity. And I am getting a kick out of this thread and your funny stories.

We used panty hose stretched over a wire coat hanger frame to make a diffusion screen- for softening features on portraits made on an enlarger in the darkroom. Now of course there's Photoshop.

--hide--
Who knew my pantyhose comment would illicit such great multi uses for them?? scratchchin

Maybe I need to trade in my duct tape for pantyhose. eyepopping

Kathy, do you think out old pantyhose are the male equivalent of duct tape?? wink laughing laughing

12/02/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: By the way Kathy.....I CAN fix things.....just don't ask Jerry to COOK!.....Oops! Who's the lady who us...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

By the way Kathy.....I CAN fix things.....just don't ask Jerry to COOK!.....Oops! Who's the lady who used to do the COOKING shows? Julie Bennell?
Anyway she would have watching me cook! She would have said, "My word...you haven't learned a thing!"

--hide--

scratchchin scratchchin I Can cook and I know just enough about repairing things to get me in trouble. I am very thankful my Brother is handy at things because he changed the locks on my house recently so I don't have to bang my hands up again when I am late getting home & can't see what I am doing...lol
12/02/2012 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Who knew my pantyhose comment would illicit such great multi uses for them?? ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Who knew my pantyhose comment would illicit such great multi uses for them??

Maybe I need to trade in my duct tape for pantyhose.

Kathy, do you think out old pantyhose are the male equivalent of duct tape??

--hide--

You can also use your old pantyhose to keep your onions fresh. Basically you put an onion in then tie a knot, put another one in and tie another knot till you either run out of onions or hose...then hang on a nail.... scratchchin scratchchin I would recommend freshly laundered hose....lol tongue
Posts 61 - 70 of 134