Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Who knew my pantyhose comment would illicit such great multi uses for them?? Mayb...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Who knew my pantyhose comment would illicit such great multi uses for them??

Maybe I need to trade in my duct tape for pantyhose.

Kathy, do you think out old pantyhose are the male equivalent of duct tape??

--hide--

I'm just impressed that not only are these gents HANDY but they are also HANDSOME!

Dec 2nd 2012 new
Oh, the many uses of old pantyhose ...

gomestic.com
Dec 2nd 2012 new

I'm not making this up ... the ad on my CM homepage is for Compression stockings/nylons! rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: They should at least find you handy." - Red GreenAs a tribute to the colors of the s...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

They should at least find you handy." - Red Green

As a tribute to the colors of the season, what have you fixed with duct tape? And now, with all the colors and patterns available, it can even be used in decorating.

My son's band teacher admonished him for using duct tape to fix his trumpet. I didn't know he had done this, but was proud of his creativity.

I used black duct tape recently to fix some random piece on top of the lawn mower that fell off and I ran over. I don't know what it was for, but it still looks good and the mower doesn't seem any worse for wear.

Duct tape also makes short work of repairing book bindings.

--hide--
I ain't handsome, but I shore am useful! biggrin

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I ain't handsome, but I shore am useful!
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I ain't handsome, but I shore am useful!

--hide--

Well, I think you are probably both.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: We used panty hose stretched over a wire coat hanger frame to make a diffusion screen- for soften...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

We used panty hose stretched over a wire coat hanger frame to make a diffusion screen- for softening features on portraits made on an enlarger in the darkroom. Now of course there's Photoshop.

--hide--

The same setup can be used as a pop filter in front of a microphone in the studio.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

So, John, does gaffers tape leave a residue on wood, or does it come off clean?

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: So, John, does gaffers tape leave a residue on wood, or does it come off clean?

So, John, does gaffers tape leave a residue on wood, or does it come off clean?

--hide--

Comes off clean, provided you don't leave it forever. Usually won't pull the finish off, unless the finish is peeling to begin with. Older polyurethane finishes are notorious for that.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: Comes off clean, provided you don't leave it forever. Usually won't pull the fini...
(Quote) John-132457 said:

Comes off clean, provided you don't leave it forever. Usually won't pull the finish off, unless the finish is peeling to begin with. Older polyurethane finishes are notorious for that.

--hide--

Any idea what gets the residue off? I had briefly duct taped some cords to oak and now there is a bumpy residue. I'm worried about taking the finish off...don't want that but don't care for the grunge, either.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Any idea what gets the residue off? I had briefly duct taped some cords to oak and now th...

Any idea what gets the residue off? I had briefly duct taped some cords to oak and now there is a bumpy residue. I'm worried about taking the finish off...don't want that but don't care for the grunge, either.

--hide--

If the finish is varnish, a liitle goo gone, or even paint thinner, on a rag would probably do it. If the residue isn't all dried up yet, sprinkling some talcum powder or corn starch on it, and rubbing with a cloth, may get the goo to roll up and rub off.

Posts 71 - 80 of 134