Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: If the finish is varnish, a liitle goo gone, or even paint thinner, on a rag would probab...
(Quote) John-132457 said:

If the finish is varnish, a liitle goo gone, or even paint thinner, on a rag would probably do it. If the residue isn't all dried up yet, sprinkling some talcum powder or corn starch on it, and rubbing with a cloth, may get the goo to roll up and rub off.

--hide--

Thanks. I will try that. I love learning new tricks.

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: You can also use your old pantyhose to keep your onions fresh. Basically you put an onion in the...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

You can also use your old pantyhose to keep your onions fresh. Basically you put an onion in then tie a knot, put another one in and tie another knot till you either run out of onions or hose...then hang on a nail.... I would recommend freshly laundered hose....lol
--hide--

Brenda, how does that keep onions fresh? Is there something undesireable about keeping them all in the same bag. I've had some problems with onions to the point that I buy one at a time and keep it in the refrigerator.

12/03/2012 new
(Quote) John-857142 said: Brenda, how does that keep onions fresh? Is there something undesireable about keeping them all...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

Brenda, how does that keep onions fresh? Is there something undesireable about keeping them all in the same bag. I've had some problems with onions to the point that I buy one at a time and keep it in the refrigerator.

--hide--

I suppose because they get air -I saw the tip on Mr Food and it does seem to keep them fresh longer....
12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: I once used duct tape and a pair of panty hose (that I was wearing at the time) to rig up an muff...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

I once used duct tape and a pair of panty hose (that I was wearing at the time) to rig up an muffler.

--hide--
great post! Any man would be attracted to someone who could use duct tape and panty hose to repair a muffler.

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Ron-565573 said: (Quote) Linda-624584 said: I once used duct tape and a pair of panty hose (t...
(Quote) Ron-565573 said:

Quote:
Linda-624584 said:

I once used duct tape and a pair of panty hose (that I was wearing at the time) to rig up an muffler.

great post! Any man would be attracted to someone who could use duct tape and panty hose to repair a muffler.

--hide--
Aww, thanks, Ron. Truth be told, it probably wasn't that impressive, I was young and dumb!! But hey, it got me from point A to point B. wink laughing laughing

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: Amateurs use duct tape. Real men use gaffer's tape!

Amateurs use duct tape. Real men use gaffer's tape!

--hide--

and gaffer's tape is great for holding dance shoes together...especially when they decide to fall apart as you are going on stage

12/04/2012 new

--hide--

and gaffer's tape is great for holding dance shoes together...especially when they decide to fall apart as you are going on stage

12/04/2012 new

--hide--

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: I'm not making this up ... the ad on my CM homepage is for Compression stockings/nylons!...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

I'm not making this up ... the ad on my CM homepage is for Compression stockings/nylons!

--hide--

LOL Angela. I think those compression stockings are strong enough to hold a door onto a vehicle!

Ok, I'm crazy for admitting this on a public forum, but here's a funny story...I had to wear those things after having a medical procedure on my legs. These things came way up to the top of my thigh but were so tight they would roll down and cut off all circulation. My remedy was to take a couple of those elastic things that hold bed sheet corners and hook one to my bra and run the other all the way down to the stocking. It worked like a charm, but I was praying all the way to work that I wouldn't get in a car accident and have my secret discovered!

Maybe I should market it as the garter for the over 50 crowd! Could be the next greatest thing since...duct tape! laughing laughing embarassed

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: LOL Angela. I think those compression stockings are strong enough to hold a door onto a v...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

LOL Angela. I think those compression stockings are strong enough to hold a door onto a vehicle!

Ok, I'm crazy for admitting this on a public forum, but here's a funny story...I had to wear those things after having a medical procedure on my legs. These things came way up to the top of my thigh but were so tight they would roll down and cut off all circulation. My remedy was to take a couple of those elastic things that hold bed sheet corners and hook one to my bra and run the other all the way down to the stocking. It worked like a charm, but I was praying all the way to work that I wouldn't get in a car accident and have my secret discovered!

Maybe I should market it as the garter for the over 50 crowd! Could be the next greatest thing since...duct tape!

--hide--
Some in the over 50 crowd COULD use some extra support in a couple of places.... embarassed

Posts 81 - 90 of 134