Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Why does CM have an ad with Jesus riding a dinosaur? Together, they are selling T-shirts for $6....
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Why does CM have an ad with Jesus riding a dinosaur?

Together, they are selling T-shirts for $6.
--hide--

I've seen those ads and picture before of Jesus on a dinosaour (all over online), but don't know what it means...? I take it it's bad? scratchchin

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: If they are on CM, then CM allows them...that is having something to do with CM.
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: If they are on CM, then CM allows them...that is having something to do with CM.
--hide--

are you sure? i thought google also placed some ads.

12/04/2012 new
Oh, Im sure that google placed some ads. But it is up to CM approve them.
12/04/2012 new

--hide--

CM defines the space on the web page where the ads appear and provides some general parameters about the type of ads to be displayed, but Google determines the actual ads to display; CM does not have the capability to review them in advance. In appropriate ads can be blocked, but someone has to report them (via Help) first.

12/04/2012 new
I used to work in a place that put outside advertising on their website. I sold the advertising. I had to get both my employer's approval and the advertiser's approval.
12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I used to work in a place that put outside advertising on their website. I sold the advertising. I had t...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I used to work in a place that put outside advertising on their website. I sold the advertising. I had to get both my employer's approval and the advertiser's approval.
--hide--

That may be the way your environment worked; it is not the way Google's advertising program works. Google's model would break down completely if every web site had to approve in advance each ad to be displayed.

12/05/2012 new

I don't see any ads. I use Firefox and Adblock Plus.

12/05/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:   CM defines the space on the web page where the ads appear and provides some genera...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

CM defines the space on the web page where the ads appear and provides some general parameters about the type of ads to be displayed, but Google determines the actual ads to display; CM does not have the capability to review them in advance. In appropriate ads can be blocked, but someone has to report them (via Help) first.

--hide--

thanks. this is what i thought. the ads that appear on my page appear to be based on websites i've visited, so i get religious or political ads which more or less (but not always) match my beliefs/preferences. i also get ads from shopping sites my sons or i have visited which feature items i/we have viewed.

i'm not sure why some people fuss over the ads and take it as a personal affront. so what if a protestant or mormon ad appears? ignore it. we don't get ads for offensive products or services.

12/05/2012 new

(Quote) Amber-413562 said: I've seen those ads and picture before of Jesus on a dinosaour (all over on...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

I've seen those ads and picture before of Jesus on a dinosaour (all over online), but don't know what it means...? I take it it's bad?

--hide--

just ignore them. google probably has an algorithm designed to feed ads reflecting the broad general categories of the typesofsite that user visits. because we visit christian sites, we get that silly ad.

12/05/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: That may be the way your environment worked; it is not the way Google's advertising program ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

That may be the way your environment worked; it is not the way Google's advertising program works. Google's model would break down completely if every web site had to approve in advance each ad to be displayed.

--hide--

Makes sense. But, are these ads paid for and presented to CM by Google?
Posts 11 - 20 of 41