Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Hmmm.... I have a decent amount of Catholic/Christian books, and I thought it was a vocation. To my knowl...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Hmmm.... I have a decent amount of Catholic/Christian books, and I thought it was a vocation. To my knowledge, the vocations include married life, religious life, and single life. I would have to dig through my books to find references, though! Lol
--hide--

The single life is actually a vocation. It is actually called Lay Single. John Paul II talks about that state extensively in his body of talks or Wednesday audicences now called The Theology of the Body. Opus Dei has many single vocations where there sole vocation is live the lay life in the secular world with an aim changing it by their lives and actions. Not sure why people have decided this is a not a reconized vocation. It is.

01/29/2013 new

Thanks Pat. I've been divorced for two year now and discerning my vocation in life. This really helps alot. Starting today I will beging to pray for jus that"God what are you calling me to do?"

God Bless

Mike

01/29/2013 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Hi all! A question... At what point in life do you decide (discern with cer...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Hi all!

A question...

At what point in life do you decide (discern with certainty) that you might just be called to a single life?

Not asking for myself, just asking in general!

--hide--

I feel called to adopt, volunteer and help other as for being called to be single I've never felt that singleness is a calling so my answer would be no on that. I've pretty much comes to terms with being single the rest of my life but don't feel called to it. I've just never run across anyone who I clicked with enough to make a marriage.

Posts 91 - 93 of 93