Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Men's language

Dec 2nd 2012 new

So, do men on CM mind receiving the first communication (a smiley face or rosary) from a woman? If he looked at my profile and didn't send me a gram but I look at his and would like to communicate, is that horribly forward?? I am traditional and wouldn't ask a guy out but, with this site the gram seems casual enough to indicate interest either as a friend or maybe more.

Dec 2nd 2012 new
No, we men don't mind at all, go ahead and hit us with a smile or a rosary bead or two! A positive blessing always releases more blessings and blessings originate with our Father
Dec 2nd 2012 new

Thanks! I hoped you all would feel that way....

Dec 2nd 2012 new

Wouldn't mind at all. Think of it this way: before the internet, women had all sorts of (perfectly innocent) ways to get a man's attention. Sometimes we need some encouragement to step up and make an approach. Some of us are a little bolder than others. Nothing wrong with the internet equivalent of a smile across a crowded room!

Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: So, do men on CM mind receiving the first communication (a smiley face or rosary) from a woman? If he looked at ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

So, do men on CM mind receiving the first communication (a smiley face or rosary) from a woman? If he looked at my profile and didn't send me a gram but I look at his and would like to communicate, is that horribly forward?? I am traditional and wouldn't ask a guy out but, with this site the gram seems casual enough to indicate interest either as a friend or maybe more.

--hide--

Meg, Send me one...anytime lol!
Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: So, do men on CM mind receiving the first communication (a smiley face or rosary) from a woman? If he looked at ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

--hide--

Meg, I swear I didn't look! Besides my name is Clair not Tom duck

This question has been asked for the 12 years I've been here. In Real Life do you impersinate a statue when in public? If you see someone in a crowd do you nit smile at him to encourage him? Some monkeys say they don't like it. If this type of guy viewed your profile and did not send you something what is lost?

Men get excited to get greetings as much as women do. A hello is not a pledge to bear him 20 children. This is a social site with Catholic vlues governing it.
Dec 2nd 2012 new
Most guys wouldn't mind it...actually I think they would like it.
Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: So, do men on CM mind receiving the first communication (a smiley face or rosary) from a woman? If ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

--hide--
I think it would be welcomed by most men Meg (including me)

Dec 2nd 2012 new

I am kind of new to the internet, but I think it is fine for a women to send an email first.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

Agree with the other gentlemen who already responded, it is not only ok, it is welcomed for a woman to send the first note. I simple "hi" is welcomed, same as if you were to greet someone in public - doesn't make it too foward.

Posts 1 - 10 of 66