Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: So, do men on CM mind receiving the first communication (a smiley face or rosary) from a woman? If ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

So, do men on CM mind receiving the first communication (a smiley face or rosary) from a woman? If he looked at my profile and didn't send me a gram but I look at his and would like to communicate, is that horribly forward?? I am traditional and wouldn't ask a guy out but, with this site the gram seems casual enough to indicate interest either as a friend or maybe more.

--hide--

Thank you for asking this as I was wondering the same thing. But if you message them first, does it mean they will respond? I'm fairly new here and I did take the initiative to message (short and basic, nothing too forward) a couple of guys, but no response.

12/02/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I think it would be welcomed by most men Meg (including me)
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

I think it would be welcomed by most men Meg (including me)

--hide--

Shame on you for the shameless plug! laughing
12/02/2012 new
(Quote) Donna-871766 said: FIRST POST ALERT!Welcome to the forum Gary. Come often, stay late.
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

FIRST POST ALERT!

Welcome to the forum Gary. Come often, stay late.

--hide--

Counting again are you Donna?
12/02/2012 new

hip hip hooray for you Clair and a blessed season of Advent - May it fill your heart with peace

12/02/2012 new

dont' worry Rose, not getting a response is the norm for me too -- if someone takes the time to say hello to me, i say hello back. If a man does not hav e the courtesy to return a "hello", he is not worth your time

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: We're open for business. It certainly doesn't hurt to take the initiative. With so many fea...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

We're open for business. It certainly doesn't hurt to take the initiative. With so many features and profiles, it's possible that a gentleman could miss a particular one. It won't hurt to let him know you're out there. We won't take them as a marriage proposal -- just as a friendly "Hello" and a warm greeting. Certainly there's nothing wrong with that.

If there's any guy who criticizes a lady for initiating an emote exchange, send him my way to get him straightened out.

--hide--
Amen To that Brother! (couldn't said it better myself) Mike "peace"!!

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Rose-921185 said: Thank you for asking this as I was wondering the same thing. But if you message them firs...
(Quote) Rose-921185 said:

Thank you for asking this as I was wondering the same thing. But if you message them first, does it mean they will respond? I'm fairly new here and I did take the initiative to message (short and basic, nothing too forward) a couple of guys, but no response.

--hide--

Rose, the only time I have trouble replying is when I receive an empty emote.

On the flip side, I have taken the initiative a number of times. Generally there is a response, sometimes not. I just move on and archive it after 6 days. The funny thing is, sometimes those archived messages are revived with a response, sometimes 2 to 3 weeks later. You see many people get very busy and do not have CM as part of their daily diet. So, keep casting your line on the waters, nibbles will come, especially to someone so lovely. rose

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: Hey Jerry, I'm still waiting to get one from you......JUST KIDDING! LOL
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

Hey Jerry, I'm still waiting to get one from you......JUST KIDDING! LOL

--hide--

wide eyed

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: So, do men on CM mind receiving the first communication (a smiley face or rosary) from a woman? If ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

So, do men on CM mind receiving the first communication (a smiley face or rosary) from a woman? If he looked at my profile and didn't send me a gram but I look at his and would like to communicate, is that horribly forward?? I am traditional and wouldn't ask a guy out but, with this site the gram seems casual enough to indicate interest either as a friend or maybe more.

--hide--

Hi Meg ,

In the new age of technology , considering , distance , opportunity, social media, Time, and location , the rules of dating have changed a bit.
From my perspective , with both male and femle profiles paid for and posted by the 10's of thousands , it is perfectly reasonable for a woman who notices a man on Cm and finds him someone she is attracted to , for her to take the first step and let him know. He is not even aware you have noticed him until you view his profile and even then has no idea , if you are attracted to him.

Steppping out in the age of information technology and initializing the first contact , sending a clear signal that you likere someone I believe would be welcomed by most men , me included . Forget the" maybe more" for now. As a man any woman who states she is interested in getting to know me is a great step , setting the table for me to take or not take a step of my own .

Nothing ventured , nothing gained , something ventured , nothing lost , something possible :)

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

--hide--

Hi Meg ,

In the new age of technology , considering , distance , opportunity, social media, Time, and location , the rules of dating have changed a bit.
From my perspective , with both male and femle profiles paid for and posted by the 10's of thousands , it is perfectly reasonable for a woman who notices a man on Cm and finds him someone she is attracted to , for her to take the first step and let him know. He is not even aware you have noticed him until you view his profile and even then has no idea , if you are attracted to him.

Steppping out in the age of information technology and initializing the first contact , sending a clear signal that you likere someone I believe would be welcomed by most men , me included . Forget the" maybe more" for now. As a man any woman who states she is interested in getting to know me is a great step , setting the table for me to take or not take a step of my own .

Nothing ventured , nothing gained , something ventured , nothing lost , something possible :)

Posts 21 - 30 of 66