Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Rose-921185 said: Thank you for asking this as I was wondering the same thing. But if you message them firs...
(Quote) Rose-921185 said:

Thank you for asking this as I was wondering the same thing. But if you message them first, does it mean they will respond? I'm fairly new here and I did take the initiative to message (short and basic, nothing too forward) a couple of guys, but no response.

--hide--

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: . . . If there's any guy who criticizes a lady for initiating an emote exchange, send him my wa...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

. . . If there's any guy who criticizes a lady for initiating an emote exchange, send him my way to get him straightened out.

--hide--

smile hug wave Battling eyelashes

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: Hey Jerry, I'm still waiting to get one from you......JUST KIDDING! LOL
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

Hey Jerry, I'm still waiting to get one from you......JUST KIDDING! LOL

--hide--

laughing cool

12/03/2012 new

I am at the time of life that a woman who selects me from the men she knows and have known is an indiction of her intelligence and blissffulness; she will be in rare company. She will get me to forget other women much sooner. It shows she is may be interested in meeting someday in person, if things work out, instead of a being a pen pal. Also it indicates that she might have healthy friendships that aid her in rejection. I like a woman who knows what she likes and dislikes. If a woman "claimed" a bar in town, and approached men who would not stare at the "pretty" ladies as they walked by, then I have no problem if she rejects me and talks to another man later that night - I had my chance.

I have viewed the profile of a woman before and thought to write her a (meaningful) first letter the next day, but then she viewed my profile first. It happens.

oh, one more thing. If you spot a man in public that you might want to meet and you send a "pretty" friend to walk in front of his view AND he does not even look at her let alone stare, then you might find a man to talk too all night ( tell him too what brought you to begin a conversation); he will be okay if you tell him later you are not interested; he will leave with a smile. If that would ever happen to me, then she will get to know me much better and quicker so she can make a decision about us. Amen.

12/03/2012 new
Um nope. Love it
12/03/2012 new

hi rose, i find that youll have no responds more than someone that will. i would rather have someone say that they are not interested then not responding at all , charlie

12/03/2012 new

Thank you Melanie, John, Charles and Graciela, and all others who commented (Graciela, your comment didn't show up though). It seems that men don't seem to mind if a woman messages them first, but maybe the ones I did do seem to mind. I agree Charles that they could just respond politely and say "not interested". The whole issue with people who have accounts but are not subscribed and can't read or send messages is another issue.

CM Staff: please figure out a way (as asked many times before on other threads) to indicate who are subscribed members and who are not. I've only been on for a week but already this frustrates me.

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Um nope. Love it
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Um nope. Love it
--hide--

Okay! wave smile

stocking santahat xmastree Ice Skating fluffy snowman

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Rose-921185 said: Thank you Melanie, John, Charles and Graciela, and all others who commented (Graciela, your commen...
(Quote) Rose-921185 said:

Thank you Melanie, John, Charles and Graciela, and all others who commented (Graciela, your comment didn't show up though). It seems that men don't seem to mind if a woman messages them first, but maybe the ones I did do seem to mind. I agree Charles that they could just respond politely and say "not interested". The whole issue with people who have accounts but are not subscribed and can't read or send messages is another issue.

CM Staff: please figure out a way (as asked many times before on other threads) to indicate who are subscribed members and who are not. I've only been on for a week but already this frustrates me.

--hide--

I am new too but I have noticed that it takes some time. Maybe some are shy or want to check out your comments in the Forums to become comfortable replying/feel they know you a little. I equate everything with dancing biggrin but it is the same at dances with new faces. It takes awhile and then all of a sudden there are a lot of requests for dances. I think a lot of guys move slowly.

12/03/2012 new
Great question! I would venture to guess most guys on this site wouldn't mind at all. That's why we're all here right? Lets face it, we men move slow and sometimes need a gentle nudge.
Posts 31 - 40 of 66