Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 4th 2012 new

I enjoy receiving messages and emoticons - In fact a very nice woman sent me a message my first week here on CM ( I think it was her's too) We've been talking a lot ever since and have even met a few times. If she had not ever commented on my shirt, I would probably have not ever met her. Only God knows who we are supposed to wind up with, so i am glad she messaged me first.

Dec 4th 2012 new

I don't mind.

Dec 4th 2012 new

OKay I have a question then...if all of you guys are so happy and do not "object" to receiving emotes from women, why do you not respond to the very vast majority of them?

If it is so flattering, then why not at least acknowledge them when the women send them?

I am really surprised by all the responses here of how great it is to get emotes from women, knowing how many times they go unacknowledged by "you all" in general.

Just askin'....

Dec 4th 2012 new

Meg I have the same question. Instead of just sitting back and waiting I do a search and send smiles and a word or two to ones I think I would like to get to know better. I see they looked at my profile, and never responded. I must keep my faith that God will send me the right person at the right time. Not my time, His time.

How do the rest of you feel about this?

Dec 4th 2012 new

Yes Pat,

they send SO FEW, like just saying hi is getting married or something. What is wrong with a hi? If we never say hi, then we will never meet, if we never meet we never will find a new friend, companion, maybe love? Isn't that why we are all here anyway? We are lonely.

Dec 4th 2012 new

Well, I can't speak for "all". But, to play devil's advocate, does every guy you smile at, get up to cross the room and say hello? At its most basic, an emote is no more than that. That said, I reply to most emotes that include some sort of message. If it's just an empty emote I might not respond.

Dec 4th 2012 new

That's very true... an emote is merely an interested smile. I try not to take it personally if there's no response as we're all in different stages in our busy lives. Yet still it's a bit disheartening to receive no reply... *sigh* rose

Dec 4th 2012 new

Pat, there are a number of reasons why men may not respond to a sent emoticon. Just like most answered, an emoticon is something like a smile across the room. Maybe the men you chose to send emoticons to are not receptive to receiving them. Some men enjoy it, yet there are some that may not. Personally, I think it is sort of rude not acknowledging someone's nice gesture. Just as someone smiles at you across the room or says good morning, you politely acknowledge their gesture and reply back. I suggest that those that don't reply, aren't worth your time anyway....unless you like that sort of behavior in a man? If not, move on, there are plenty of nice men out there...just keep searching....not for Mr. right now or his brother Mr. good enough...but the person that you feel chemistry with. Yhink about it. scratchchin

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: OKay I have a question then...if all of you guys are so happy and do not "object" to receiv...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

OKay I have a question then...if all of you guys are so happy and do not "object" to receiving emotes from women, why do you not respond to the very vast majority of them?

If it is so flattering, then why not at least acknowledge them when the women send them?

I am really surprised by all the responses here of how great it is to get emotes from women, knowing how many times they go unacknowledged by "you all" in general.

Just askin'....

--hide--

I tend not to like the emoticons and prefer to send a short basic message instead. I only use emoticons if someone sent me one first. I do respond with a quick "thank you" and "God bless you" in response to an emoticon sent to me. I do think it's good manners to ackowledge someone who sent you a message or emoticon, even if you don't want to go any further in the conversation. There are polite "exit" sentences that can be used. We are all human and have feelings, it's nice to remember that even if we are not interested in a person.

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: OKay I have a question then...if all of you guys are so happy and do not "object" to receiv...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Just askin'....

--hide--
Oh, we are supposed to respond to them too? faint I admit I am guilty of not always responding and sometimes procrastinating in my response, but you are all right - we should make the effort to at least respond with a smile or something acknowledging the original emote or message. Can't speak for all the guys here, but I'm sure most of us mean well, I will try to do better in the future, now that I am more confident in how this site works.

Posts 41 - 50 of 66