Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Non-responses have to be taken lightly. I think probably I have received a full spectrum of respons...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Non-responses have to be taken lightly. I think probably I have received a full spectrum of responses and gestures, both good and not so good from men here. One has to remember that we are not always on the same page at the same time, especially in dealing with people who we are not acquainted with. If I don't receive a response from someone here, I assume that they are busy meeting other fine Catholic woman, or have other things going on in their life, and are not so currently active here.

A non-response from someone may be a bitter pill at times, but we have to remember that some men are not at all used to having women approach them. Even if he likes the idea, he may not have formulated a way to respond.

Think of it this way: email and online situations are easy to get into and out of. Think of that on and off switch on your tv, and how easy it is to use. We simply do not have one's full bodily attention via email and online, so we cannot invest our full heart into it. On the flip-side, we may meet people that we would not have otherwise ever met!

What is so much more difficult, is a non-response in person!

e.g., when your neighbor doesn't return a short greeting.
--hide--

Jacqueline, you are very perceptive and have an intelligent and compassionate grasp on this matter. biggrin

It has taken me awhile to come to grips with responding to someone whom I believe I have no interest. I still have problems with empty emotes, short of responding with another empty emote. I'm still working on this, but I do agree, at least in principle, that all communications deserve some kind of reply.

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) John-913295 said: Oh, we are supposed to respond to them too? I admit I am guilty of not always responding and somet...
(Quote) John-913295 said:

Oh, we are supposed to respond to them too? I admit I am guilty of not always responding and sometimes procrastinating in my response, but you are all right - we should make the effort to at least respond with a smile or something acknowledging the original emote or message. Can't speak for all the guys here, but I'm sure most of us mean well, I will try to do better in the future, now that I am more confident in how this site works.

--hide--

Quite right, John ... please resond to the emote, even if it's another emote with a couple words ... at least it's an acknowledgement of receipt of her note. Thank you!

santahat xmastree stocking wreath candycane Ice Skating fluffy snowman

Dec 24th 2012 new

We don't mind. But make sure you have a photo.

Dec 27th 2012 new

This was a really helpful forum to read. I've been wondering the same things, have sent some emotigrams and received no response, and have been rather discouraged about it. I guess I've just got to keep trying.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: This was a really helpful forum to read. I've been wondering the same things, have sent som...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

This was a really helpful forum to read. I've been wondering the same things, have sent some emotigrams and received no response, and have been rather discouraged about it. I guess I've just got to keep trying.

--hide--

A smile or greeting back is always courteous.

Dec 27th 2012 new
Nope. Go ahead. what the heck...

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: So, do men on CM mind receiving the first communication (a smiley face or rosary) from a woman? If he looked at ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

So, do men on CM mind receiving the first communication (a smiley face or rosary) from a woman? If he looked at my profile and didn't send me a gram but I look at his and would like to communicate, is that horribly forward?? I am traditional and wouldn't ask a guy out but, with this site the gram seems casual enough to indicate interest either as a friend or maybe more.

--hide--
Posts 61 - 66 of 66