Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Leon, you are so kind....(big brother to the South of me) No one is beating the door down except ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Leon, you are so kind....(big brother to the South of me) No one is beating the door down except for those guys who want to paint our address on the curb!

You know CMers.....I REALLY respect Leon. A true TEXAS gentleman!

--hide--
I thought they only did that in TN!

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Could someone please pass the word to Santa and his elves that I need some MAJOR billboards to ...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Could someone please pass the word to Santa and his elves that I need some MAJOR billboards to help me figure out what I want to do about retirement? Maybe like the Burma Shave signs...I think I need a LOT of help!!

--hide--

As someone who has recently retired, I would say:
DO IT!

Of course, the finances need to be reviewed and considered. An adviser certainly helps! wink
As far as finding things to do, its now a situation where things/people find me. I am as busy I want to be--doing things(volunteering/singing/church) that I want to do.

One last thing:
If I knew retirement was this good, I would have retired after university and then started work in my 60's! laughing laughing

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Verily, verily, I say unto you, Sir Jerry, your wish has been granted for getting more...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Sir Jerry, your wish has been granted for getting more sleep ... try "Calms Forte" if you need said sleep prior to Christmas ... it's 'over-the-counter' and very inexpensive ... it works for me!

As for me, I'm requesting a suitable place of employment ... ran into a very difficult person where I just took a new job a couple weeks ago ... I wish her well!

--hide--
MaryAlice,

I did use that with my son Neill and it did work. We used to get it at Krogers Grocery Store in the Health and Beauty Aides Department.
Could it be that the more sleep you get the better you look?laughing laughing

Okay, back to my elf job, I grant you a new place of employment where the grass is greener, the sky bluer, and the personnel very happy to
have a job. I have given that piece of advice out at my place of employment.

Shopping today (not for Santa but for this elf) and found a great pair of black shoes with leopard trim. I am in need of the perfect plain
black dress and maybe a leopard purse?

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Verily, verily, I say unto you, Sir...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Sir Jerry, your wish has been granted for getting more sleep ... try "Calms Forte" if you need said sleep prior to Christmas ... it's 'over-the-counter' and very inexpensive ... it works for me!

As for me, I'm requesting a suitable place of employment ... ran into a very difficult person where I just took a new job a couple weeks ago ... I wish her well!

MaryAlice,

I did use that with my son Neill and it did work. We used to get it at Krogers Grocery Store in the Health and Beauty Aides Department.
Could it be that the more sleep you get the better you look?

Okay, back to my elf job, I grant you a new place of employment where the grass is greener, the sky bluer, and the personnel very happy to
have a job. I have given that piece of advice out at my place of employment.

Shopping today (not for Santa but for this elf) and found a great pair of black shoes with leopard trim. I am in need of the perfect plain
black dress and maybe a leopard purse?

--hide--

Hey, Eileen, glad to hear that "Calms Forte" helped you, too ... it DOES work. We have Krogers here, too, and it's real easy to find (Calms Forte, that is)!

And thank you for providing that new job ... I just received an email from one of the recruiters who has a few irons in the fire for me; would like to discuss them tomorrow morning, so the wheels are turning! Thank you again!

Your wish is granted ... that little black dress will be under your Christmas tree ... but you'll have to look real close since it's a real little black dress -- perfect for any occasion! And that leopard purse will be packed along side the dress ... enjoy your time wearing the dress and clutching that little purse! You'll look lovely!

God bless and keep you and yours, Eileen .... a very blessed Advent season to you! theheart

xmastree santahat wreath snowman fluffy Ice Skating stocking

Dec 6th 2012 new

Okay.....

I would like a new black Rosary for Christmas....

Dec 6th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Okay..... I would like a new black Rosary for Christmas....

Okay.....

--hide--

Sounds like a wish I could grant....

I want a new angel ornament for my tree.....
Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Sounds like a wish I could grant.... I want a new angel ornament for my tree.....
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Sounds like a wish I could grant....

I want a new angel ornament for my tree.....
--hide--

Handmade or made of glass....both are on their way to you Brenda.

I am looking for the perfect gift for my son Neill. He is autistic and takes forever to get used to a
new toy. Any ideas Santa or Elves?

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Okay..... I would like a new black Rosary for Christmas....

Okay.....

--hide--
At the Paraclete on the West Side of town, they have an amazing selection of rosary beads.
I bought my sister a rosary made of pearls that was stunning but I don't think they would go with
your gun...sticking with the brown wooden Italian ones for you! Hope you love them!

I would like some new mittens as gloves make my hands cold. Nothing too fancy please.

Dec 6th 2012 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Handmade or made of glass....both are on their way to you Brenda.I am looking for the perfect ...

I am looking for the perfect gift for my son Neill. He is autistic and takes forever to get used to a

--hide--

I am fond of either kind - will upload photo later of my lighted glass angel
Dec 6th 2012 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Handmade or made of glass....both are on their way to you Brenda.I am looking for the perfect ...

--hide--

Does he like sturdy wooden cars? Go to a craft show and they always have lots of hand made stuff. I know I used to like playing in the floor with my son when he was little with cars and trucks.....
Posts 121 - 130 of 143